Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

3.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7,5%, Oxibenzone 4,5%, Dimeticone 1,5% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Coppernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Beta Carotene (Cl 40800), Isopropyl Myristate.

on 11/27/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use lots of different lip balms but i would never use this again.My lips started to burn as soon as i applied it and it didn't stop.It also made my lips dried out and even more chapped than usual.I will stick to chapstick in the future.

on 9/3/2016 4:58:00 AM

Excellent lip balm . does what it tells

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

excellent lip balm. It could have a higher spf , but either than that it is not too greasy and moisturize great. And it is cheap. And it is one of the few ones not giving me eczema on the side of my lips

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm another one to add to the list of people who couldn't use this - it burned like crazy on my lips! I didn't notice it in the first two days of wearing it, but after that I noticed my lips were red, swollen and peeling. I tried for another day to fix it, but every time I put this product on it burned horribly.
The product also gathers these weird, hard grains in the tube, which you can dissolve with the warmth from your finger, but it's like scratching your lips with sand. The oval shape is also not very functional, and the twist up end on this seems like a weird design.
It's cheap, but I hated. It's not worth risking being allergic to it so just don't bother.

on 2/23/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had very high hopes for this product, because I love the Palmer's range, especially the hand creams that saved my hands from atopic dermatitis. But this lip balm....never putting it on ever again!

The first time I applied it I felt a tingling and a burning sensation, which was not that bad. I thought that maybe this is how this lip balm works. After 2 hours, the lip balm was completely absorbed into my lips and it had left them feeling very, very dry. Not only that, but I got a blister as well. I should point that I wore the balm on its own, so it was surely it that caused these issues.

I really wanted to like this product, so I gave it a second chance. I definitely should not have done that. The second it touched my lips I felt that they were swelling, they were very itchy and terribly uncomfortable, so I did not even finish applying this and wiped it off. I had used in the past the Dark Chocolate and Mint version of this lip balm. Again, there was the tingling, the burning and the drying out...but no blisters or unbearable itchiness. Sadly, I am never buying any Palmer's lip products ever again.

I guess my bad experience/allergy is due to the 2 of the active ingredients: Octinoxate and Oxybenzone. These chemicals are basically doing the SPF magic of this products by penetrating into the lawyers of the skin and this must have caused the irritation. I am sure that I am not allergic to the third active ingredient - Dimethicone, because many of my primers and moisturisers have this as their main ingredient and I have never had issues with them.

I am very disappointed by this product. The only things I like about it are the small and handy packaging it comes in, and the waxy, but not greasy or sticky texture and the price.

wish i could give this a zero.

purchased this as i needed a lip balm with SPF in it. wish i had read reviews here first. this "lip balm" gave me a burning sensation almost immediately. despite removing it less than 5 minutes later, my lips have remained burned and are still peeling over a week from the first (and last) application. i've been using aquaphor a&d ointment for babies on my lips since then and they're still messed up. this went straight in the garbage.

i've never reacted to any lip product in my life, and i wear matte finish lipsticks. this lip balm *removed layers of skin from my lips* from less than 5 full minutes of wear. absolutely would not recommend this to anyone.

on 12/21/2015 11:29:00 AM

This is a good product it smells good and its light n glossy not waxy at all the only thing is the shape its a flat oval which makes it difficult to hold amd put the lid back on its cheap at bed bath n beyond less than 1.50 try it...

I LOVE this lip balm. It makes my lips feel so soft and moisturised. It has a nice taste that isn't too strong, and it also smells great. It feels very moisturising on my lips and doesn't feel too thick or too thin. It is perfect for use under lipstick as it's not greasy at all. I love the packaging and would 100% buy again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good product, didnt have any of the reactions like others are saying. For me, it really helped with dry lips. It went on nice and evenly, and soaked in pretty well so there was no need to keep on applying

on 10/17/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't like this lip balm. I picked it up at the beginning of the summer because I wanted a lip balm with sunscreen. If you are looking for a lip sunscreen, I would skip this lip balm.

To me the formula seems really thin. It didn't feel very moisturizing and it didn't last very long on my lips. While this lip balm didn't give me bumps on my lips like other reviewsers experienced, it did irritate my lips. It gave me a slight rash around the edge of my lips and made them itchy.

I did leave this lip balm in my car over the summer and used it occasionally. But now it has been tossed and I will not considering repurchasing it.