Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Lip Balm w/Vitamin E & Spf 15

3.1

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7,5%, Oxibenzone 4,5%, Dimeticone 1,5% OTHER INGREDIENTS: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Coppernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) seed Butter, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Beta Carotene (Cl 40800), Isopropyl Myristate.

on 11/2/2018 4:04:00 AM

This is the first time a lip balm actually caused my lips to sting and burn.

Totally love their body lotions and so decided to give the lip balm a try.
There is something in the lip balm that is causing the adverse reaction.

Tried over days to make this work, but it still burns my lips.

on 10/8/2018 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

worst lip balm ever. it dries out my lips and gives them a tingling feeling within 5 mins of applying. Not for sensitive skin at all, i honestly don't understand why this product is even sold.

I buy this and have used a long time but after a few minutes my lips feel so dry!! Totally opposite of why I bought it!! It doesn't burn or cause swelling issues but after a couple of minutes my lips feel dry again!! It smells so nice and the whole description of cocoa butter just sounds so moisturizing...but not so...wish I could find product that is really moisturizing and keeps on working!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Nope. Tingles/stings my lips around the edges and has an awful sunscreen-y taste. I suspect this is drying out and irritating my lips. The red tinted Dark Chocolate and Cherry is worse, horrible taste and smell. Least they were cheap. Go for Natio's Shea Butter lip balm instead, it's amazing.

on 8/20/2018 5:12:00 AM

suck the moisture out of my lips terribly causing it to be even drier than before. oh the irony. lips returned to normal after 2 days of discontinuing. and i only used it once.

on 7/23/2018 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I picked this item up from dollar tree. I’ve used many lip balms from the dollar tree and they all worked. I don’t know what ingredient is in this product to cause my lips to swell, peel, and blistered but they need to do a recall on this item. After I applied this lip balm I thought wow for $1, it glides on so nice. A couple minutes later my lips were tingling. I didn’t take it off right away because I thought hmm maybe it suppose to have a lil sensation. Heck noo. I could feel my top lip swelling up in about an hour. I went home and took a Benadryl. I woked up the next day and I had blisters on my lips and around my lips. My lips were extra extra dry. I could barely move them. I had to go to the emergency room, I was so scared. This NEVER happen to me. Today someone said your lips look extra tight. I was put on a steroid and I have eczema cream I been using but nothing is working. I’m beyond sad and mad. I had to hold off on my makeup looks because of this. I hope this clear up by the weekend. I need my lips back . I feel as if everyone is looking at them! 😫 exfoliating then did work, so I might exfoliate them tonight again!

on 4/7/2018 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

If you have sensitive lips, please avoid. There's something in this product that irritated my lips, could be the parfum or benzyl. I bought it yesterday as I've used the lotion, it seemed to moisturize my lips, glided on nicely, lips felt smooth and love the scent BUT within two hours and 3 applications (my lips get dry in the winter) my lips blew up like a puffer fish with white blood cells seaping out of them.
Use with caution and like any product, look at the ingredients if you're prone to reactions. I didn't expect this product would have so many different ingredients

on 3/17/2018 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

I don’t know exactly what I am allergic to in Palmer’s products. After using this over a weekend, I have a horrible rash at the corners of my lips. The same thing happened when I used their facial serum. Annoying, because I love their original body lotion so much.

on 1/25/2018 11:33:00 AM

Add me to the list of people that experienced an immediate burning and stinging sensation upon application. The packaging isn't awful and the lip balm itself is quite creamy and glides on, it's a shame I seem to react badly to it. The scent is identical to that of the moisturiser, which I found a bit much as I'm not a big fan of strongly scented lip products but in light of the irritation to my lips, this isn't the worst thing about it.

I can't say as to how the product worked as the irritation was bad enough that I had to remove it immediately (I tried it multiple times to make sure it wasn't just a one off)

on 11/27/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use lots of different lip balms but i would never use this again.My lips started to burn as soon as i applied it and it didn't stop.It also made my lips dried out and even more chapped than usual.I will stick to chapstick in the future.