MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl
Cream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - Pearl

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

While this product is a multi tasking product, I simply wanted a highlighter for my skin.

I´m very pale ( MAC NC15-20, C1) with somehow dull skin. My skin is dehydrated oily to combo and acne-prone. I never tan and rarely use self-tanner, so I rely on skincare and make up to make my skin look fresh and polished.

Before trying this product, I went for powder highlighters.

I tried MAC Soft and Gentle, which is raved about, and ELFs blush Gotta Glow which is a dupe for NARS Albatross.

These highlighters never stayed in place and spread all over my face, so I looked highlighted all over my face. On top of that, the powder formula made my already dull and dehydrated skin look flat and lifeless. It always stayed on my skin and never fully merged with my skin and foundation. I felt like it was obvious that I wore highlighter instead of just looking like my skin was naturally glowing if you know what I mean.

I went to my trustworthy MAC Muas and explained my problem. She recommended a cream colour base and we went searching for the right colour.

Pearl was absolutely perfect for my pale skin with light yellow undertones. It has no obvious glitter particles and that makes it perfect for highlighting every day without looking like a disco ball. It´s described as pale gold with icy shimmer and has a very creamy texture that just melts into he skin. The perfect colour for my skin.

I tried Luna too, but it was too cool, bright and frosty for my skin. This colour could work for cool pale skintones.

I apply it around my eye area over my cheek bone and occasionally on the bridge of my nose or above my upper lip. That may sound boring, but for me, this is the way to polished healthy and glowing skin. The light catches so pretty on the spot over my cheek bones and my skin looks gorgeous. You can also use this on the inner corner of your eyes or lightly under your eyes whenever you want to look fresh and rested.

I use this in conjunction with MAC Harmony blush as bronzer and I never want to be without this combo. As my skin is pale and I tend to look drawn, I make an extra effort to make my skin look good in the morning. And with this highlighter and bronzer, my skin looks good in less than 2 minutes.

The cream colour stays in place the whole day inspite of my sometimes oily skin.

For me, this was absolutely worth the money I paid for it. I use it every day and if it´s empty, I will buy it again.

I recommend the cream colour base, but also recommend to test which one of the cream colour bases work for your skin tone.

on 3/14/2013 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm not even sure why I bought this years ago. It really just sits in my stash. I purchased this to use as a sticky eyeshadow base, but with my oily lids, it doesn't function very well as such. My skin is way too oily to fuss with highlighters, and I prefer a matte brow highlight. I can see how this is a great product for someone who can use it, though!

on 10/3/2012 7:29:00 PM

I don't really see what's so great about this product. It's just not creamy enough for my liking. Maybe it's just my skin, but it's not that great when trying to blend it. There's a lot better highlighters out there IMP

I love this Cream Colour Base! After seeing Pixiwoo using it i had to get it. For me some times i feel like it seperates my foundation when applying it with my finger tips but i also think applying it with fingers is the best way. But i do love this product and use it time to time gives a doll like flawless finish. <3

on 9/28/2011 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this! It gives a very natural subtle glow! I use it on my cheeks, upper brow bone and cupids bow. Helps make a cakey face very dewy, just don't use it on top of a power. Perfect for the daytime but not very noticeably indoors or in the evening.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! It gives a really beautiful, natural looking highlight- looks beautiful on the browbone curved round to the cheekbone. Only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't last very long :( probably wouldn't work well on oily skin either.

I love love love this stuff. It's so fun to play with. You can use it for eyes, cheeks and lips. It's a gorgeous glow without too much shimmer.

The price - $16.50 is a little steep but not terrible. I haven't had any luck with drugstore highlighters. They either don't blend well, look fake or dry out quickly.

I will repurchase. Looks great with yellow skin tones. I'm NC15.

on 7/12/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My Thoughts:
This is a great highlight which i use for highlighting the cheek bones and brow bone. I wear this in the day or night, its just a nice highligher. As i have oily and ance prone skin, i was scared to use this as it is a cream... However it hasn't broken me out!

Pros:
- Love the colour (a cream or off white with gold shimmer).
- The texture is smooth.
- Gives i nice glow to the face.

Cons:
- Sometimes find it hard to blend into the skin.
- Disappears after a few hours.

this product is great for an eye highliter or highliter on your cheeks, love the shimmer!

on 12/7/2010 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW20, and I love this CCB. I use this over foundation, under powder and MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle and it really helps my highlighter stay all day long. Also looks really pretty under the brow bone and top of the lip. Plus this container will last me pretty close to forever so it's well worth the price. Very pretty highlighter.