MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl
Cream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - Pearl

4.1

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 11/1/2018 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

"If I ran out of this product..." LOL! I don't think I'll ever go through this. Have been using it pretty consistently over the past 6 months and I've barely made a dent in it. You can have it go on very subtle to provide just a dewy glow or build it up to have a really intense high shine effect. Highly recommend it if you're on the hunt for a new cream highlight.

Tip: I find that it works best with fingers to warm it up slightly, which it'll then truly melt into your skin when you lightly tap it in.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pearl is a cream golden shimmery shade.

I use this mainly as a brow bone and cheekbone highlight as well as down the center of my nose.

Didn't really like it on my cupid's bow or at the center of my lips.

You do need to apply this in thin layers and using a patting motion AND set it with a similar shimmery product like Vanilla pigment.

I tried this on top of Artdeco's e/s base and Painterly, and topped it with Knight Divine, but I found that it makes my eyeshadow crease.

Not a bad product, but I don't think I'll repurchase this again. It mainly does a difference in photos if you're looking for that sheen. However, I'm more into highlighting with matte shades rather than shimmery ones as it gives more dimension and looks great in photos. This one will last me a long time though.

on 6/7/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am in awe after using this product. I can't believe I didn't know about this years ago! I was struggling with my over the top matte make-up. I have to use powder over my foundation because it doesn't stay all day long, but I look so flat, with no dimension at all. After watching a pixiwoo tutorial, I had to try it and now I'm converted. I can't go out without it and it applies so easily on my cheekbones. It gives this dewy look I was so looking for!
The thing I love the most is that it blends really well and is so versatile. Will totally buy it again!

on 7/31/2010 6:09:00 PM

This is a great product but I don't think this is a must-have. I only use it to add color to the inner corner of the eyes, which makes my eyes look really bright and pretty. I think it does a GREAT job of doing that. Other than that, I don't use it for anything else.
I think there are better highlight colors out there which is why I only use it for my inner corners of my eyes.
If you are looking for a highlight color for your cheeks then I think you can find better products out there, like Nars Albatross.

on 6/10/2010 8:19:00 PM

I bought this on a whim. I usually wear powder highlighters but I instantly liked the natural consistency when I applied it on the bridge of my nose and under my eyebrows. In my opinion, this gives my skin a luminosity that my other/ previous powder highlighters failed to achieve (eg Urban Decay's Polyester bride e/s, MAC's Vanilla pigment).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Hello all, so I bought Pearl because I wanted a highlighter. I was in two minds whether to go for Improper Copper or Pearl. In the end I chose Pearl because it appeared more natural as IC tends to warm more. I like to create the warmth with my blush and use Pearl exclusively as a highlighter. It's fantastic, I apply above(!) and under eyebrow, bridge of the nose, above blush (half moon) and cupid bow. It stays put all day and reflects the light in a perfect way. So I'm a happy user and recommend.

on 4/20/2009 1:24:00 PM

Great for highlighting on my NC25 skin.
I used to use Luna but this blends out better on my NC25 skin. Lolz. Personal preference I guess.
I have used this as an eyeshadow base...don't use it as a base...stick with PP lolz.
Inner tear duct is fine and as a highlighter is awesome.
(Maybe because I have oily lids which is why I hated it using it as a base for my eyeshadows haha)

I would definately buy this again without hesitating.

on 1/9/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I asked for eyeshadow base and this is what the BA gave me. I knew it was for putting on before eyeshadow but i found out it's acually multi-purpose. So i tried it on my brows and on my cheek bones, works wonderfully! the color shows up really well unlike many highlighting blushes i've used.
As for the e/s base quality, it's never smudged, and made my low-pigmented powder e/s show its color more. I've yet to try with cream e/s, though. I would assume it wouldn't last coz once you apply the CCB on your lids, it does't absorb easily (took 1 lippie away), that's why it made the powder e/s stick to the lid so well.
Edit: I don't like it aymore, it sucks as a base and it cannot find a task for it. If i don't use it for 2 days, the top part of it dries out.