MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base - Pearl
Cream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - PearlCream Color Base - Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 2/10/2015 3:11:00 AM

Love this highlighter! No pink tones here! Which is fab for (NC35) yellow toned gals like me! I use this on my cheeks, cupids bow, I've even used this on my eyes and its FAB!

The consistency is solid in the pan but melts upon touching and blends on like a smooth cream. The key word in describing this highlighter is that it gives a GLOW. Because of the cream consistency it has that smooth glowy finish as opposed to the shimmer that is typical of a powder. What I love is that the dewy texture means it catches the light gorgeously but subtly, in other words it looks a bit more natural than the dry texture of a powder would.

The only downside is that because of the cream you have to be careful how/what you apply this product over. Mixing too many textures ie. applying over powdered skin or very matte makeup can result in a muddy or uneven look. I would suggest using this with liquid foundation, basically apply it before you apply powder otherwise it just won't blend as nicely.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

it's pretty nice, not my fav highlighter but it does get the job done. the best thing about this is that it adds a glow not glitter like most highlighters. the only problem I have with this highlighter is that it's cream and I'm personally not a big fan of cream highlighters and that's the only reason why I won't be purchasing this again but other than that it's fantastic :)

I'm a highlighter fanatic. This is a great cream highlighter if you want dewy glowy skin. I prefer using a powder highlighter for everyday but this is especially flattering for special occasions and packaging is much more convenient for carrying In my makeup bag.

on 1/22/2013 3:29:00 AM

I love this product! It gives a really subtle glow and wears for at least 6 hours (I haven't tried longer than that). The woman at the MAC counter tried this on me and finished with Fix + spray. My skin looked amazing and glowing for the rest of the day.

on 1/20/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this highlighter. I think I'm about a NC 40 but just for ref I wear MUFHD foundation and I'm a #155. I looks great on my skin tone and has a pretty good lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

on 8/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this highlighter. I received it in a swap and I ended up wearing it every day. Under my brows, a dot above the arch of my brows, on my cheekbones, a swipe down my nose, and a dot above my cupids bow and on my inner tear duct. It really just brings another whole dimension and glow to my makeup. It makes me feel like I'm a VS model when I have this on. For me, it's a crucial step. It's a beautiful iridescent shimmer not to OTT or greasy looking. The reason it doesn't get a five is because it does not last long at all. I need a highlighter that can last most of the day and this just doesn't cut it. Before noon it has completely disappeared.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted this product for so long. I was shopping with my mom and we came near a MAC counter. I swatched this colour of my hand and compare it to Hush. The MUA asked me if I wanted some help and I said 'yes, I don't know which one to choose' so she applyed on my brow bone, and up to bone above my cheek. I founded Pearl the best because Hush was more pink and you didn't see hardly anything of Hush on the places where the MUA puts it. So I bought the Pearl on and since I've got it, I fell totally in love. Would recommend to everyone that's looking for a nice champagne highlighter!

on 6/25/2012 6:47:00 PM

The best cream highlighter I have ever used!
This makes dull skin come alive and look fresh and dewy. Im not sure how this would work on much darker skin tones, but its sheer and suitable for day-time - not at all glittery or harsh.
I personally apply this with my ring finger on the tops of my cheekbones, browbone, down the centre of the nose & cupids bow.
I love this product so much it has quickly become part of my everyday routine.

on 6/5/2012 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this a great highlighter. I use this with a liquid foundation, mostly on tops of cheekbones, nose and browbone. I felt it made a huge difference when I saw photographs of myself, gave my face a lot more glow and life than with previous highlighters. I would buy this again, though I do have a couple more highlighters I still want to try before saying this is definately the best.