MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.2

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 1/31/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really is one of those rare, multi-use gems. For reference, I have dry skin, with small almond shaped lids, NW10 skintone. I purchased as a stand-alone eye shadow, though you can certainly layer powder products over it. I wanted a subtle but illuminating all-over lid color. I have been through the gambit with MAC Paint Pots, Maybelline Color Tattoos and various Bobbi cream shadows. All of them ended up with an unflattering dry/flaky looking finish, eventually becoming hard and difficult to apply. So I ended up ordering one of these Cream Color Bases. Pearl is a warm/gold color...with a pearl finish. It is quite a bit warmer than Becca's Pearl SSP in the Poured formula (which looks much whiter). In terms of Becca, MAC's Pearl looks much more like Moonstone. This color and formula adds a youthful, dewy look without being frosty or metallic looking. It gives my slightly hooded eyes a more open/alert look. It will pool a bit in the crease, which is evident right after application, but simply push product away from the crease, and it does not resettle there. In the pan it has a hard texture, but it applies very smoothly with no dragging or flaking, unlike similar products. I usually wear alone with a taupe cream shadow pencil for the crease. I quickly found how lovely this is to use as general h/l as well. It is perfect on the C area to highlight your cheekbones, or your brow bone. I do have cool toned skin, but I find the warm shade of this product really enhances a natural/youthful glow. Weirdly, I find that using a cool toned h/l (baby pinks, whites, silvers etc) is actually aging and harsh looking even though it seems common sense to use an h/l that matches your skin's undertone, as with foundations. Ladies with mature skin who fear the glitter and dryness of so many much loved hl/s, you may find a friend in MAC Cream Color Base! I find it easiest to apply with my fingers, though a small concealer brush would work fine too. Very pretty, subtle and useful. It is one of those products that if I could only take a few makeup items in a travel bag, this would be one. Great lid color and general h/l for all ages. $22.00 is extremely reasonable for such a versatile product. I have had it for 3 months now, used it daily and it has not dried out at all. Would certainly repurchase.

on 5/28/2014 3:46:00 PM

I love highlighters and have been on the hunt for my holy grail product for a while. I believe that this comes quite close!
It is super easy to apply and blends into the skin really well. The colour is soft and not too sparkly which I like. It adds just a tiny shimmer and catches the light not a glitterbomb.

My only negative point with this is that it melts a little when its hot in the house and I have to keep it in the fridge :S

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is soft, subtle, and extremely long wearing. Just a little dab and you are good to go. I love how it gives me a natural glow and when worn underneath my foundation, it makes my skin look like I have just had a facial. Love it!

on 8/14/2012 9:15:00 AM

PROS
I like the finish it gives
CONS
It doesn't stay on. My experience is that, after an hour it's gone.
Because of the above, I totally forget about it when I apply make up.
I dropped it on the floor, and the package broke.

on 3/5/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works nicely as a highlighter for the face. However applied to the eyes this creases like crazy with or without a primer. Only takes 5 mins for this product to crease. Not to expensive for a Mac product but i'm glad i got this with a 15% discount. Cream colour bases are meant to be multi use products and yet this particular colour is only good for the face. Also sometimes my product with be runny for no apparent reason other times this product with appear dry and hard to work with. A very strange product.

I love the color of this. It's a goldy white sheen - just the perfect highlighter color. The application is very easy - you can just use your hands and you'll be fine. I dab this onto my cheekbones, nosebridge and my cupid's bow. It's looks stunning like a glow from within, very healthy. My only problem is that I find it fades rather quickly so you definitly need to set it with something. And as I found better liquid/cream highlighters I woudn't buy this again. Eventhough I haven't found one with such a nice color.
FYI it'S horrible on the eyes - creases like mad.

on 1/27/2012 10:21:00 AM

Nice highlighter. I took a mark off because it doesn't have the staying power that Benefit High Beam has. It has generally faded off my skin within an hour or two.

This product is great! Nice Vanilla/Cream color with gold and cream shimmer. Looks really nice on your cheekbones for a nice glow!

'Talk to me pearl'! I am N5 and this is a BEAUTIFUL highlight! It's easy peezy to use. Use either a brush or your fingers. I apply to brow bones, cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupids bow. Every now and then I apply under my eyes (lightly) to illuminate the whole area. A real nice touch I say! Pearl is a creamy, ever-so-slightly goldish off white color. Pairs beautifully with any blush I use (Blushbaby, tenderling, Orgasm, well dressed). I've used alone and also with a shimmery powder on top too (Mac Too Chic, shroom etc) to lock it in place. Yes, it can collect particles (it's a cream it's going to do that) but mine hasn't really gotten dirty. If you want a pretty highlight give Pearl a whirl.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this! I thought I couldn't use this this because I don't like my skin texture at the moment, and I'm acne prone, and I thought it wouldn't apply well over concealer and powder. I didn't want it to remove my "perfect, flawless" face of powder. I always use it to apply in the inner corners of my eyes, and it makes them look mesmerizing!!! I'm fair, NW20, and this color is beautiful, whitish gold on. I also apply it above my cupids bow, above my top lip. And then....I started using my finger, and just dabbing it on my cheeks ontop of my powder! It didn't remove the powder foundation at all!!!! I then apply Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip Rosy Glow ontop of it, and it adheres to it lovely and lasts ALL day. I love it! I then stipple blush (Bobbie Brown Pale Pink) to define my cheekbones more. My skin is just glowing!!! SO many uses for this creme base, and no problems at all. Oh, I also put it under my browbone to highlight. I have even put it on my lipe as a lipstick to go with a smokey eyes.