MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best products I have bought from MAC. I used to be a fan of the Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, but now that I have used this I will never go back. It's A LOT less sparkly than the MSF and much easier to work with. I was kind of hesitant to use a cream highlighter because of how oily my skin gets, but I think this looks beautiful. It's long lasting, and it's nice to find a highlighter that has a more gold base than pink because of the yellow undertones in my skin. I use this almost every day and It kills me that I've finally hit pan on it. Such an amazing product for all skin types.

on 6/5/2012 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this a great highlighter. I use this with a liquid foundation, mostly on tops of cheekbones, nose and browbone. I felt it made a huge difference when I saw photographs of myself, gave my face a lot more glow and life than with previous highlighters. I would buy this again, though I do have a couple more highlighters I still want to try before saying this is definately the best.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

PROS
- Subtle pearly glow
- Nice creamy consistency
- Product lasts a long time

CONS
- Too expensive
- Creases when used on the eyes
- Not noticeable enough as a highlighter

Overall, I was very underwhelmed with this product. I expected more from MAC - it just didn't really do much at all.

I love the color of this. It's a goldy white sheen - just the perfect highlighter color. The application is very easy - you can just use your hands and you'll be fine. I dab this onto my cheekbones, nosebridge and my cupid's bow. It's looks stunning like a glow from within, very healthy. My only problem is that I find it fades rather quickly so you definitly need to set it with something. And as I found better liquid/cream highlighters I woudn't buy this again. Eventhough I haven't found one with such a nice color.
FYI it'S horrible on the eyes - creases like mad.

on 1/21/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this as a highlighter for my cheek bones. It leaves a gorgeous dewy glow that lasts for hours. I recommend using it with a liquid foundation because it doesn't look quite right over powder. Also, when I was traveling by air TSA screwed up a bunch of my makeup and smashed the little clear plastic part into the product and messed it up pretty bad but I was able to pop it back in and smooth it back to normal. I suggest taking all your cosmetics possible in carry on so that you don't have any issues like I did. Overall I adore this and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The good thing with this highlighter is that it really stays on the cheeks ( I only use it on the cheekbones) also after hours of work. It gives me that glow that I wanted and lets my face beam. Whenever I dab it lightly on I feel that my charisma lightens : ) what I don't like is how the texture changes after using it. It seems to get a bit crumby in the pan and harder to apply ...my search for the perfect highlighter continues but if I don't find anything better concerning the texture I guess I'll come back to this.

on 8/20/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this highlighter! I've been searching for the right highlighter for awhile and this is deff my favorite so far. The golden pearly colour is really beautiful and I love it because it's not stark shimmer white and not too golden either. It gives a perfect almost candlelit glow, the perfect blend of creamy white with just a *touch* of gold. It looks great with any look and I imagine any skin tone. It's versatile colour makes it great to use on your cheekbones, brow bone, cupids bow, inner corners... anywhere! I find a lot of highlighters are too intense in colour (too pink, to gold, or too white) making them only usable in one area, but not this one! I also love that the shimmer is subtle enough to not be chunky glitter but also enough to be a great highlight as well. It's exactly what I was looking for! I apply it with my 187, I love it! The ONLY hang up I have and the reason why it didn't get a top score is because the staying power sucks. I have oily skin (it's also summer!) and this tends to fade quickly. Otherwise, I am in love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this! It gives a really beautiful, natural looking highlight- looks beautiful on the browbone curved round to the cheekbone. Only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't last very long :( probably wouldn't work well on oily skin either.

'Talk to me pearl'! I am N5 and this is a BEAUTIFUL highlight! It's easy peezy to use. Use either a brush or your fingers. I apply to brow bones, cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupids bow. Every now and then I apply under my eyes (lightly) to illuminate the whole area. A real nice touch I say! Pearl is a creamy, ever-so-slightly goldish off white color. Pairs beautifully with any blush I use (Blushbaby, tenderling, Orgasm, well dressed). I've used alone and also with a shimmery powder on top too (Mac Too Chic, shroom etc) to lock it in place. Yes, it can collect particles (it's a cream it's going to do that) but mine hasn't really gotten dirty. If you want a pretty highlight give Pearl a whirl.

on 7/12/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My Thoughts:
This is a great highlight which i use for highlighting the cheek bones and brow bone. I wear this in the day or night, its just a nice highligher. As i have oily and ance prone skin, i was scared to use this as it is a cream... However it hasn't broken me out!

Pros:
- Love the colour (a cream or off white with gold shimmer).
- The texture is smooth.
- Gives i nice glow to the face.

Cons:
- Sometimes find it hard to blend into the skin.
- Disappears after a few hours.