MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.2

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 2/10/2015 3:11:00 AM

Love this highlighter! No pink tones here! Which is fab for (NC35) yellow toned gals like me! I use this on my cheeks, cupids bow, I've even used this on my eyes and its FAB!

The consistency is solid in the pan but melts upon touching and blends on like a smooth cream. The key word in describing this highlighter is that it gives a GLOW. Because of the cream consistency it has that smooth glowy finish as opposed to the shimmer that is typical of a powder. What I love is that the dewy texture means it catches the light gorgeously but subtly, in other words it looks a bit more natural than the dry texture of a powder would.

The only downside is that because of the cream you have to be careful how/what you apply this product over. Mixing too many textures ie. applying over powdered skin or very matte makeup can result in a muddy or uneven look. I would suggest using this with liquid foundation, basically apply it before you apply powder otherwise it just won't blend as nicely.

I'm a highlighter fanatic. This is a great cream highlighter if you want dewy glowy skin. I prefer using a powder highlighter for everyday but this is especially flattering for special occasions and packaging is much more convenient for carrying In my makeup bag.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is soft, subtle, and extremely long wearing. Just a little dab and you are good to go. I love how it gives me a natural glow and when worn underneath my foundation, it makes my skin look like I have just had a facial. Love it!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pearl is a cream golden shimmery shade.

I use this mainly as a brow bone and cheekbone highlight as well as down the center of my nose.

Didn't really like it on my cupid's bow or at the center of my lips.

You do need to apply this in thin layers and using a patting motion AND set it with a similar shimmery product like Vanilla pigment.

I tried this on top of Artdeco's e/s base and Painterly, and topped it with Knight Divine, but I found that it makes my eyeshadow crease.

Not a bad product, but I don't think I'll repurchase this again. It mainly does a difference in photos if you're looking for that sheen. However, I'm more into highlighting with matte shades rather than shimmery ones as it gives more dimension and looks great in photos. This one will last me a long time though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

on 10/3/2012 7:29:00 PM

I don't really see what's so great about this product. It's just not creamy enough for my liking. Maybe it's just my skin, but it's not that great when trying to blend it. There's a lot better highlighters out there IMP

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best products I have bought from MAC. I used to be a fan of the Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, but now that I have used this I will never go back. It's A LOT less sparkly than the MSF and much easier to work with. I was kind of hesitant to use a cream highlighter because of how oily my skin gets, but I think this looks beautiful. It's long lasting, and it's nice to find a highlighter that has a more gold base than pink because of the yellow undertones in my skin. I use this almost every day and It kills me that I've finally hit pan on it. Such an amazing product for all skin types.

on 6/25/2012 6:47:00 PM

The best cream highlighter I have ever used!
This makes dull skin come alive and look fresh and dewy. Im not sure how this would work on much darker skin tones, but its sheer and suitable for day-time - not at all glittery or harsh.
I personally apply this with my ring finger on the tops of my cheekbones, browbone, down the centre of the nose & cupids bow.
I love this product so much it has quickly become part of my everyday routine.

on 6/5/2012 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this a great highlighter. I use this with a liquid foundation, mostly on tops of cheekbones, nose and browbone. I felt it made a huge difference when I saw photographs of myself, gave my face a lot more glow and life than with previous highlighters. I would buy this again, though I do have a couple more highlighters I still want to try before saying this is definately the best.

A fabulous product.

Pros:
Multi-usage: eye shadow base (needs priming though), highlighter for cheeks and under brow area, lips, body.
Goes on smoothly, easily blends.
Fragrance free.
Not too frosty.
Has tender yellowing/goldish undertones.

Cons:
Low staying power as eye shadow base.