MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 1/31/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really is one of those rare, multi-use gems. For reference, I have dry skin, with small almond shaped lids, NW10 skintone. I purchased as a stand-alone eye shadow, though you can certainly layer powder products over it. I wanted a subtle but illuminating all-over lid color. I have been through the gambit with MAC Paint Pots, Maybelline Color Tattoos and various Bobbi cream shadows. All of them ended up with an unflattering dry/flaky looking finish, eventually becoming hard and difficult to apply. So I ended up ordering one of these Cream Color Bases. Pearl is a warm/gold color...with a pearl finish. It is quite a bit warmer than Becca's Pearl SSP in the Poured formula (which looks much whiter). In terms of Becca, MAC's Pearl looks much more like Moonstone. This color and formula adds a youthful, dewy look without being frosty or metallic looking. It gives my slightly hooded eyes a more open/alert look. It will pool a bit in the crease, which is evident right after application, but simply push product away from the crease, and it does not resettle there. In the pan it has a hard texture, but it applies very smoothly with no dragging or flaking, unlike similar products. I usually wear alone with a taupe cream shadow pencil for the crease. I quickly found how lovely this is to use as general h/l as well. It is perfect on the C area to highlight your cheekbones, or your brow bone. I do have cool toned skin, but I find the warm shade of this product really enhances a natural/youthful glow. Weirdly, I find that using a cool toned h/l (baby pinks, whites, silvers etc) is actually aging and harsh looking even though it seems common sense to use an h/l that matches your skin's undertone, as with foundations. Ladies with mature skin who fear the glitter and dryness of so many much loved hl/s, you may find a friend in MAC Cream Color Base! I find it easiest to apply with my fingers, though a small concealer brush would work fine too. Very pretty, subtle and useful. It is one of those products that if I could only take a few makeup items in a travel bag, this would be one. Great lid color and general h/l for all ages. $22.00 is extremely reasonable for such a versatile product. I have had it for 3 months now, used it daily and it has not dried out at all. Would certainly repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

on 8/27/2012 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this highlighter. I received it in a swap and I ended up wearing it every day. Under my brows, a dot above the arch of my brows, on my cheekbones, a swipe down my nose, and a dot above my cupids bow and on my inner tear duct. It really just brings another whole dimension and glow to my makeup. It makes me feel like I'm a VS model when I have this on. For me, it's a crucial step. It's a beautiful iridescent shimmer not to OTT or greasy looking. The reason it doesn't get a five is because it does not last long at all. I need a highlighter that can last most of the day and this just doesn't cut it. Before noon it has completely disappeared.

on 6/7/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am in awe after using this product. I can't believe I didn't know about this years ago! I was struggling with my over the top matte make-up. I have to use powder over my foundation because it doesn't stay all day long, but I look so flat, with no dimension at all. After watching a pixiwoo tutorial, I had to try it and now I'm converted. I can't go out without it and it applies so easily on my cheekbones. It gives this dewy look I was so looking for!
The thing I love the most is that it blends really well and is so versatile. Will totally buy it again!

on 12/10/2011 6:26:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

One of my favourite products!
An absolutely stunning highlighter for my fair skin, I apply it every day because it makes me look healthy and gives me exactly the finish I want.
It's not glittery and has a very fine texture, which makes it easy to apply with a brush as well as with the fingers.
The only thing I don't like is the packaging - the transparent part falls out occasionally when I take it with me in my handbag.

on 10/18/2011 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very strong highlighter, even applied with a light hand. It's a pale gold/champagne color with a very dewy and shimmery finish to it. When used in moderation, it creates a very polished look, quite formal and glamorous - not something I'd pick for daytime though. However what's great about it is its golden hues; they match my light, yellow-toned complexion perfectly. It stands out even more in summer with a tan. Again, if you use sparingly, it looks phenomenal on the cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow, center of the lips, even the collar bones. If you're going for an ultra shimmery look overall, I suppose you could layer a similar color eyeshadow or highlighting powder over it, but that's just way too shiny for my taste. I've also used it on the lid on top of smoked out kohl liner, just to give it bit of a wet/lived in appearance, and it looked wonderful. It creased, of course, but that was kind of the point with that particular look. Recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't know if it's just me and my general skintype (normal/dry), but this product doesn't seem to work on me. When my face is dry this doesn't show up at all and when it's a bit less dry it shows up but with a very subtle barely there sheen. However, I won't judge this product just yet, because I think the main reason it didn't work on me was that it's winter and my skin is dry and dehydrated + I'm pale (NW 15)
I will try this again several times before I give up on it, cause I've heard positive things about it.

I tried this product again after moisturizing with an Estee Lauder hydrating cream and it worked awesome! It gave me this natural, subtle, almost wet pearl glow and it made my cheeks glow when I turned my head to the side.
Lovely product, but use a moisturizer before putting it on cause it doesn't look as good on dry skin.

on 1/23/2011 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after hearing about it on Kandee Johnson's channel. I'm a fair redhead with freckles, and this is the perfect highlighter. Slightly off-white with a nice shimmer that isn't too cool or too warm, and no big disco glitter chunks. Just a light, subtle shimmer. I use this on my cheekbones and sometimes on my brow bone & nose. Not too overpowering for daytime and could be built up some for more dramatic evening wear. Lasts all day and doesn't turn oily. Definite my HG highlighter!

I got this to use as a base on the eye but I don't like it for that reason.. I like using it as a high light. It works amazing on the cheeks and looks good too.

on 5/4/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best highlighter. It is smooth and not gritty. Unlike shell it has no glitter just shimmer. It's easy to blend and apply, but I feel it needs to be reapplied through the day, because it doesn't last.I would buy this again but I don't know if I'll have to for a while since it seems to last long.