MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Cream Color Base in Pearl
Cream Color Base in PearlCream Color Base in Pearl

4.7

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 1/31/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really is one of those rare, multi-use gems. For reference, I have dry skin, with small almond shaped lids, NW10 skintone. I purchased as a stand-alone eye shadow, though you can certainly layer powder products over it. I wanted a subtle but illuminating all-over lid color. I have been through the gambit with MAC Paint Pots, Maybelline Color Tattoos and various Bobbi cream shadows. All of them ended up with an unflattering dry/flaky looking finish, eventually becoming hard and difficult to apply. So I ended up ordering one of these Cream Color Bases. Pearl is a warm/gold color...with a pearl finish. It is quite a bit warmer than Becca's Pearl SSP in the Poured formula (which looks much whiter). In terms of Becca, MAC's Pearl looks much more like Moonstone. This color and formula adds a youthful, dewy look without being frosty or metallic looking. It gives my slightly hooded eyes a more open/alert look. It will pool a bit in the crease, which is evident right after application, but simply push product away from the crease, and it does not resettle there. In the pan it has a hard texture, but it applies very smoothly with no dragging or flaking, unlike similar products. I usually wear alone with a taupe cream shadow pencil for the crease. I quickly found how lovely this is to use as general h/l as well. It is perfect on the C area to highlight your cheekbones, or your brow bone. I do have cool toned skin, but I find the warm shade of this product really enhances a natural/youthful glow. Weirdly, I find that using a cool toned h/l (baby pinks, whites, silvers etc) is actually aging and harsh looking even though it seems common sense to use an h/l that matches your skin's undertone, as with foundations. Ladies with mature skin who fear the glitter and dryness of so many much loved hl/s, you may find a friend in MAC Cream Color Base! I find it easiest to apply with my fingers, though a small concealer brush would work fine too. Very pretty, subtle and useful. It is one of those products that if I could only take a few makeup items in a travel bag, this would be one. Great lid color and general h/l for all ages. $22.00 is extremely reasonable for such a versatile product. I have had it for 3 months now, used it daily and it has not dried out at all. Would certainly repurchase.

While this product is a multi tasking product, I simply wanted a highlighter for my skin.

I´m very pale ( MAC NC15-20, C1) with somehow dull skin. My skin is dehydrated oily to combo and acne-prone. I never tan and rarely use self-tanner, so I rely on skincare and make up to make my skin look fresh and polished.

Before trying this product, I went for powder highlighters.

I tried MAC Soft and Gentle, which is raved about, and ELFs blush Gotta Glow which is a dupe for NARS Albatross.

These highlighters never stayed in place and spread all over my face, so I looked highlighted all over my face. On top of that, the powder formula made my already dull and dehydrated skin look flat and lifeless. It always stayed on my skin and never fully merged with my skin and foundation. I felt like it was obvious that I wore highlighter instead of just looking like my skin was naturally glowing if you know what I mean.

I went to my trustworthy MAC Muas and explained my problem. She recommended a cream colour base and we went searching for the right colour.

Pearl was absolutely perfect for my pale skin with light yellow undertones. It has no obvious glitter particles and that makes it perfect for highlighting every day without looking like a disco ball. It´s described as pale gold with icy shimmer and has a very creamy texture that just melts into he skin. The perfect colour for my skin.

I tried Luna too, but it was too cool, bright and frosty for my skin. This colour could work for cool pale skintones.

I apply it around my eye area over my cheek bone and occasionally on the bridge of my nose or above my upper lip. That may sound boring, but for me, this is the way to polished healthy and glowing skin. The light catches so pretty on the spot over my cheek bones and my skin looks gorgeous. You can also use this on the inner corner of your eyes or lightly under your eyes whenever you want to look fresh and rested.

I use this in conjunction with MAC Harmony blush as bronzer and I never want to be without this combo. As my skin is pale and I tend to look drawn, I make an extra effort to make my skin look good in the morning. And with this highlighter and bronzer, my skin looks good in less than 2 minutes.

The cream colour stays in place the whole day inspite of my sometimes oily skin.

For me, this was absolutely worth the money I paid for it. I use it every day and if it´s empty, I will buy it again.

I recommend the cream colour base, but also recommend to test which one of the cream colour bases work for your skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This highlighter is soft, subtle, and extremely long wearing. Just a little dab and you are good to go. I love how it gives me a natural glow and when worn underneath my foundation, it makes my skin look like I have just had a facial. Love it!

this product is great for an eye highliter or highliter on your cheeks, love the shimmer!

on 7/6/2010 8:58:00 AM

nice highlighter product, easy to use and very versatile. use on my brows and cheeks.

on 1/23/2010 3:47:00 PM

I love this. I have very little eyelid on show and what is on show is old and crepey. I don't want to highlight my old crepey lids, but I want to add a bit of brightness to my eyes, and this completely does the job.

I do all my makeup and then blend a dab of this over my mobile lid, maybe a dab on the brow bone and maybe a dab in the inner corner of the eye where the drearest of shadows lurk, and I have immediate moist, light and dare I say more youthful eyes.

This is a product that I will use every day. I love it.

on 6/20/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great all-purpose highlighter. Adds a subtle glow when applied above the brows, on the cheekbone, at the hairline, etc. Blends beautifully using the fingers. I like this best for everyday use because, unlike it's cousin, Luna, it is very understated and not at all sparkly.

I love this stuff!!! Perfect highlighter. I use it to highlight all over my face. Fabulous formula! Best our there -this stuff lasts all day & all night - until I take it off. Definitely recommend!

on 11/25/2003 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The SA at MAC recommended this to me to use as an e/s base when applying pigments so it gives them something to stick to. The only thing you have to watch out for with the CCBs is creasing. I don't have too much of a problem because my eyelids are not too oily. But I do make sure to give my eyelids a little wash before applying this just to make sure all the oil is off. Pearl is a great color to use as an e/s base, since it goes with anything. This color can also be used to highlight cheeks, etc. UPDATE 1/18/2010: I STILL use this as an e/s base! I was using MAC select cover-up concealer, which works better if you want a solid base that will definitely NOT crease. Recently, I have been opting for this creamier base, and have had no problems with creasing at all. I just make sure I apply my e/s ASAP before the CCB starts to crease. I love applying something creamy as a base. It feels nice on my lids, especially since I'm getting a bit older. I like to have more moisture on the area during the day :-)) I hope they never discontinue this!

on 3/4/2003 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great color to use to apply a shimmering change to other colors. Used with shadows, it intensifies the colors, mutes some, makes some louder. Really neat color to play with. I find I don't use it much because I prefer the cream color bases on my cheeks, rather than eyes.