The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Night CreamThe Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Dimethicone, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Myristyl Myristate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Talc, CI 77742, CI 77491.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Combination skin weak weak weak and waste of money.!!! You can buy Dove beauty cream it’s lighter!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Reformulated night cream which is nothing like the former- It used to be my go-to night cream with a subtle rose scent, rich & creamy texture which absorbed beautifully & left my skin feeling and looking nourished. The ‘new’ product smells horrendous! It smells artificial! Intense perfumey stink which makes me sneeze & wanting to wash it off pronto! The texture is more whipped & lacks the therapeutic qualities of the original formulation. Extremely disappointing!! Am returning all that I ordered!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I started using the Vitamin E night cream in the hopes that it would address some light acne scarring. Previously, I had used the Body Shop's Aloe night cream, as I have sensitive skin. When I purchased the cream, an employee at the Body Shop warned me that some people with sensitive skin have allergic reactions to the Vitamin E line. I have not had any allergic reactions or skin irritation from the product, but I also wouldn't say I've noticed a significant different in my skin's brightness. It's a perfectly serviceable night cream: a little thick, but not overly so, and moisturizing, but it's not a holy grail product for me and it's not one I'd go out of my way to purchase again.

on 6/4/2018 11:31:00 AM

I really like this cream. I feel like it hydrates my skin well and I personally really like the smell, although it could be more subtle. It's also a good price compared to high-end competitors, and I'll buy the travel size which will last me a while.

on 5/4/2018 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually used to really like this stuff in its old incarnation. I used it day and night, about seven years back, having recovered from personal dermatitis. What in the Sam Hill has happened since then? The new version's baby powder scent has a horrible, overpowering alcohol-like tang, to the point where it actually burns to put it on. Woke up with a swath of raised bumps. Into the bin this went. BOOOOOO!

I found this cream to be rather heavy and almost greasy which is something I like with my super dry skin but I found that this product seemed to break me out in various areas where I was not as dry. So I think that (from my personal experience) that maybe this cream would not be super appreciated by those with oilier or acne-prone skin.
Also the smell of this product is seriously bothering me, it is so heavy and unpleasent.I found the smell ok in the start but it has been driving me crazy lately. I will however use up the product - so it's not terrible.
It contains Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, parfum which is all fragrances. Head to cosdna's webpage if you're intrested in what more it contains.

on 1/4/2017 4:22:00 PM

this product is pretty meh to me. First off, just on personal preference I really dislike the smell. I think it smells like baby products, and while some people might find it nostalgic I just think of a smell trying to cover up poop. The cream absorbs at a slower than average rate on me, meaning that unless I apply it a half hour before bed most is going to end up on the pillow.

The cream is a little rich for my combo skin even though it's advertised as good for all skin types. I've gotten the occasional tiny white pimple on the chin in the morning that usually indicates to me my product is too heavy if I'm not pre-menstrual. I like that I can dab the moisturizer around my eyes and it does not burn, even if it's a face cream you sure can't do that with every product.

I wouldn't buy it again.

I love the smell so much. I cant go to bed without applying it. In the morning when I wake up, I can feel my skin is soft and hydrated. After washing my face with a facial foam, it gives me a smooth touch. Although it seems abit expensive comparing to the size, I will repurchase it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is great. Very hydrating yet absorb quickly. I've extremely acne prone skin but it didn't break me out. In the morning my skin is very hydrated without being oily. But I've only tried it in summer nights, yet to try it in winter. If it works in winter also, I'll update the review and bump up the rating to 5 star.

on 2/18/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up because acne medications have left my face looking pretty lifeless. I was looking for a night cream that would a) make my skin look brighter, and b) provide enough hydration to help control my oily skin, without c) making me breakout. I was nervous because the first few times I used it it did seem super heavy and heavily fragranced, but its been some weeks now and I have to say I really, really like it. The scent is pleasant, so it feels nice when I'm applying it. It takes a while for it to soak in, so sometimes after about 15-20 minutes I take a tissue and dab off the excess. Leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and moisturized. Still not entirely sure if it helps control my oils like another reviewer said, but it hasn't made my skin any oilier either.