The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream

The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Night CreamThe Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Dimethicone, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Myristyl Myristate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Panthenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Talc, CI 77742, CI 77491.

I found this cream to be rather heavy and almost greasy which is something I like with my super dry skin but I found that this product seemed to break me out in various areas where I was not as dry. So I think that (from my personal experience) that maybe this cream would not be super appreciated by those with oilier or acne-prone skin.
Also the smell of this product is seriously bothering me, it is so heavy and unpleasent.I found the smell ok in the start but it has been driving me crazy lately. I will however use up the product - so it's not terrible.
It contains Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, parfum which is all fragrances. Head to cosdna's webpage if you're intrested in what more it contains.

on 1/4/2017 4:22:00 PM

this product is pretty meh to me. First off, just on personal preference I really dislike the smell. I think it smells like baby products, and while some people might find it nostalgic I just think of a smell trying to cover up poop. The cream absorbs at a slower than average rate on me, meaning that unless I apply it a half hour before bed most is going to end up on the pillow.

The cream is a little rich for my combo skin even though it's advertised as good for all skin types. I've gotten the occasional tiny white pimple on the chin in the morning that usually indicates to me my product is too heavy if I'm not pre-menstrual. I like that I can dab the moisturizer around my eyes and it does not burn, even if it's a face cream you sure can't do that with every product.

I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this night cream, the weight and texture is great. Doesn't break me out and truly seems to help keep the flakey, dry skin I sometimes get at bay.

on 2/18/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Picked this up because acne medications have left my face looking pretty lifeless. I was looking for a night cream that would a) make my skin look brighter, and b) provide enough hydration to help control my oily skin, without c) making me breakout. I was nervous because the first few times I used it it did seem super heavy and heavily fragranced, but its been some weeks now and I have to say I really, really like it. The scent is pleasant, so it feels nice when I'm applying it. It takes a while for it to soak in, so sometimes after about 15-20 minutes I take a tissue and dab off the excess. Leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and moisturized. Still not entirely sure if it helps control my oils like another reviewer said, but it hasn't made my skin any oilier either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is great. Very hydrating yet absorb quickly. I've extremely acne prone skin but it didn't break me out. In the morning my skin is very hydrated without being oily. But I've only tried it in summer nights, yet to try it in winter. If it works in winter also, I'll update the review and bump up the rating to 5 star.

I love the smell so much. I cant go to bed without applying it. In the morning when I wake up, I can feel my skin is soft and hydrated. After washing my face with a facial foam, it gives me a smooth touch. Although it seems abit expensive comparing to the size, I will repurchase it.

on 5/14/2015 9:43:00 AM

Broke me out. Very disappointing product.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

not much to say except that the moment I put it on my face, my skin started to burn and I really thought I was dying. I thought that something was wrong with me (lol) so I gave it to my mom, and the SAME THING happened to her. maybe somethings wrong with both of us, but there you go. vitamin e cream.

When I first bought this cream, I stopped using it after 2 nights because every time I woke up in the morning my skin would be really greasy, combined with my oily skin. But this is because I over applied the product. Now I use the cream after a toner, with a tiny amount of the cream I wake up in the morning and my skin is really soft and smooth with the tiniest amount of excess oil! This cream is really heavy so you only need to use the tiniest bit, and I mean the tiniest bit! Maybe a bit more if you have dry skin though😋 This product also smells amazing, it smells like creamy roses😂😝💗

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good, basic night cream that I use after I wash & tone my face. I like that it sinks in fast and doesn't leave a sticky residue. Leaves my skin moisturised all night and doesn't break me out. Would recommend to anyone with normal to dry skin.