MAC Faux (satin)

MAC Faux (satin)
Faux (satin)Sassy Grass, Green, Golder's Green, Faux, DeelightFaux (satin)Faux (satin)Faux (satin)

4.4

on 1/18/2018 10:25:00 PM

my first satin lipstick and I'm obsessed. the feel is so much better than mattes. I usually go for matte formula because of how its longer lasting but faux has become my favorite mac lipstick because its so pretty, creamy and comfy on the lips . I knew once i put it on i had to get it. I am nw20 fair with pink undertone and warmer lipsticks looks a bit odd on me like mac kinda sexy, it looks like salmon sashimi :( I cannot wear peachy blushes and I can't pull off bronzey/gold eyeshadows either(I only wear makeup with cool/pink undertones to compliment my skin). ***This lipstick makes my lips very sexy, pouty and natural with brightening affect and makes my whole face look put together and healthy, this is what i feel angelina jolie lips would be. Its MLBB pink that does not wash me out or look dull. This looks great with pink flushed cheeks and naked3 palette(rose gold) type of eye looks. this is my everyday lipstick since its so wearable and a no-brainer color for me. i also tried mac Brave and i wiped it off right away, it was too bright barbie pink for me. I use to like velvet teddy but it lean a bit ashy and too orangey brown Mac faux is the same intensity as velvet teddy, not too dark or light but its pink version and exactly what i was looking for. THIS IS HG STATUS AND I LOVE HOW IT MAKES MY LIPS LOOK SO LUCIOUS&SEXY !! fair ladies with cool undertone must try!

a dupe(cousin) for this lipstick would be loreal infallible lip paint in 314 spicy blush but that one isn't as long lasting or moisturizing on the lips and its a glossy finish and a little lighter in color but its cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I was lucky enough to get this baby for free on National Lipstick Day due to MAC running a promotion at my local Myer. I'm a massive fan of MAC lipsticks, so to get a $36AUD lipstick for free was amazing. Faux is a gorgeous pinky-nude shade which is very flattering on my NC15 skin. It has a satin finish, so applies opaquely and dries down to a semi-matte finish. It applies very easily, gliding onto the lips smoothly. It doesn't dry out my lips, sink into lines or cause flakiness. It really is a great formula. I believe it would suit many skin tones, this is such a popular MAC shade and I have never seen it look bad on anybody! It wore around 6 hours on me without reapplication and lasted well through eating and drinking. If you need to reapply, the lipstick builds up easily and doesn't appear thick or patchy. This is a gorgeous everyday shade, and one of my favourites now. I doubt I will ever be without a tube of it! If you like Brave, Modesty or Velvet Teddy I am sure you will like Faux. I would highly recommend adding this lipstick to your collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Since I have medium-fair skin and a slight yellowish tinge on my teeth (which can't be bleached) I could not find any fitting mauvish lipstick. Everything either made me look pale or my teeth would look completely wrong. Mac faux is the first and only one lipstick I could find that does the job. The quality of the mac lipsticks are really decent and the items are not too pricy here in Germany, especially in comparison with other highend products. It is not too drying or too creamy so it stays on very nicely. I also like the fact that it isn't overly parfumed.

on 4/6/2017 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Opaque nude pink that I can't wear without a darker lip liner without it looking pasty. I like wearing it with MAC lip liner in bittersweet. My only issue with this is it is SUPER DRY!! It's a satin finish but I swear it applies and wears like a matte. I have to use a lipgloss or balm to make it wearable.

on 2/10/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my "my lips but better shade". It has a good formula and feels light on the lips. The staying power could be for the price be better but still overall a good lipstick. The only thing that I don't really like is the scent, but still is not overscented like the Maybelline lipsticks. So even though I am sensitive to scent I could see past it...

MAC has many great nudes, yet only one can be the true nude for you, depending on your skin color. I purchased this shade, with knowing its presence in the permanent MAC lipsticks for a long time. But I never payed attention to it since I already own Brave, Velvet Teddy, Twig, Myth, Modesty and Creme In Your Coffee. I like pinkish nudes but never found the right one to open my heart. Faux changed that completely. It's the perfect MLBB pink. It's wearable, whenever and wherever, with every eye makeup. The satin finish is always a win, since it's neither too dry or creamy. I recommend this to anyone who wants the HG nude rose lipstick. It's worth the cash, even if it costs alot for a lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is probably my favourite mac lipstick, heck this might even be my favourite lipstick of all time.

Really pretty muted pink-nude color, perfect for everyday. I would say this is my "perfect" nude color. My skin is light-medium with a neutral-warm undertone. It doesn't dry out my lips, it gives a natural sheen to my lips. Very smooth and creamy.

I would recommend this for light and medium skin tones.

on 10/22/2016 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Perfect pinkish nude, it doesn't dry out lips and will stay on for hours. I use it with mascara and blush only but I use it also when I'm wearing hot smokey eye look. I love it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a cooler color than I can normally wear, but somehow it works. On me, it's less nude than others are describing and more of a true mauve. However, in photos it translates as a beautiful and natural nude that is neither too brown nor too pink. It's such a gorgeous shade!

on 8/12/2016 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Currently, this is my HG lipstick. It was also my first Mac lipstick. I originally intended to buy Please Me, but it looked too pink to be a 'nude' shade, so I asked if there was a shade with less pink in it, and the girl working there gave me Faux. It's perfect. I am around NW13 and it's the best combination of pink and brown, very much a MLBB colour. Faux is more pink than Velvet Teddy so I think it's something definitely worth considering if you want a more pink-ish nude without it being obviously pink. The satin formula for Mac lipsticks are my favourite, they have great pigmentation but are not drying. I would, without a doubt, purchase this lipstick again, and I probably will at the rate I'm using it!