MAC Faux (satin)

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.4

on 6/8/2016 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

What a lovely shade! I can say this suits lots of skintone, almost all actually. I've tried this on different people, fair skin to dark skintone and it looks great. It's minimal but looks very polished. For women who are not into bold lipstick, this is a perfect everyday lipstick. The color is so great. It has that 'nude' feel to it but it's not pale, not brown and not pink. It's a muted mauve pinky brown, hard to describe. lol

I have used it for wedding makeup on clients but have used it too for night out makeup and topped it with gloss and paired with smokey eyes. It's a versatile shade.

I am in love with this and will continue buying in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

One of my favourite MAC lipsticks to date. A really nice Kylie Jenner type lip shade, with a comfortable feel, and suits nearly all undertones. It's similar in colour to Velvet Teddy, just less orange toned than VT. Looks REALLY good on darker skin tones!

To Read all 154 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/16/2016 1:16:00 AM

Im a lipstick junkie, and to me this is an absolutely must have lipstick. Im NW15, very pale with cool undertones and on me this is perfect MLBB nude lipstick with a very unique, slightly purpley tint that is just perfect for everyday wear without being boring or too nudey.

Wear time is awesome, lasting well over 4 hours without drinking or eating, finish is a satín but it pulls more matte on me, without being drying or pulling on skin during application.

I think it complimets any look, as long as its more cool toned oriented as I feel it clashes with warm looks..

Overall like I said, a must have lipstick!

I really like the shade. I apply some lipgloss on top and I like that this lipstick even though it's not meant to be very long lasting, it doesn't come off very quick. I do wish their lip products were fragrance free, but other than that I like this product and the shade.

on 5/4/2016 11:56:00 PM

I adore this lipstick colour and formula. It is NZD$40.00 which is a bit steep but that's what happens to us New Zealanders lol. I love to pair it with MAC Soar lip liner. Sometimes I get a pale frosty pink lipstick by Revlon and dab it on the centre of the top and bottom of my lips for a pretty ombre look.

I literally wore this everyday for 3 months with MAC Whirl lipliner (until I bought a colourpop liquid lipstick because the lipstick and liner rubs off so easily)
I never found a shade of lipstick that suited me so well, I can't thank you enough Mac. I'm super picky when it comes to lipstick shades but I'm really happy that I found this colour. It's a nude/pink but not too light or dark and it's perfect for day or night and suits my dark hair and pale skin perfectly. Would say it's more nude than pink plaid but more dark and dusty pink than velvet teddy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love makeup and skincare too much to be loyal to any one product, so when I come across a product that I keep reaching for over and over again despite the plethora of other choices in my beauty arsenal, I know I've stumbled across a true gem. When I want a simple nude for a daytime look or a smokey eyed look, this is the lipstick I keep gravitating back towards. The color is beautiful, luxe, and creamy. Sure, I wish it had better staying power. I use MAC's Prep + Prime Lip underneath, which helps extend wear-time. This is a must-have if you're a lipstick junkie.

on 2/22/2016 5:58:00 PM

LOVE this lipstick! It's the most beautiful pinky your lips but better colour, I love how it looks against my c1 skin. It's so creamy and nourishing, keeps my lips moisturized and never dries them out. I can't wait to buy the Whirl lipliner to go with it!

my daily go one of the best mac lipsticks. I love faux and its perfect day lipstick. would buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

oh my god! i love this on my super pale cool toned skin! its a great color to warm up your lips without looking too dark or too pale. That perfect midtone pinky brown that every pale girl longs to have and look good in. formula is comfortable on the lips and great for all seasons, i especially love this in the fall with a nice matte face, long black lashes, and warm cheek colors!