MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Faux

MAC Cosmetics Satin Lipstick - Faux
Satin Lipstick - Faux Sassy Grass, Green, Golder's Green, Faux, DeelightSatin Lipstick - Faux Satin Lipstick - Faux Satin Lipstick - Faux

4.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Like this shade very much. Even more so than brave (which is also a mac satin, in more of a girly pink hue, whereas this feels more of a natural pink with slighter browny hue. Satin lipsticks are one of, if not my most favourite formula to date. They are very similar to the mattes, only not nearly as drying. Beautiful shade.

on 8/8/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Dont try it on if you are pale or too white. It will not show its beauty. If you are tanned or medium skin the lipstick colour transfers from a dull pastel brown purple, to a gorgious beige pink pastel bold creamy colour. I bough it in December, the MAC girl said it a classy colour but it was too dull on me as I have light medium skin with terrible yellow green undertones. Now that I am tanned (MAC Studio Fix NW40) It looks devine on lips, showing them bold and hydrated. Lovely and shy colour. Perfect for mornings and working.

on 4/29/2018 1:21:00 PM

I received this lipstick as a gift and never actually tried it, because the only other Mac lipstick I've worn (Twig) was so drying on my lips. Plus, I don't do pink. But last week when I was cleaning out my makeup collection I came across this lipstick and thought, "Why not?"

WHAT. It turns out that I owned my perfect MLBB and never knew it. Moreover, for whatever reason, Faux is much more comfortable on my lips than Twig, even though they're both Satins. (Confusing. But yay!)

Bonus: I found an old Mac Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in Staunchly Stylish and these two go together beautifully.

Moral of this story, I guess, is clean out your makeup collection! You might uncover something awesome.

on 4/8/2018 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it! I always wanted to have a nude lipstick that has a pink tone and doesn’t look washed out on me. This nude pink lipstick is a great MLBB! Matches almost any makeup look. Great buy!

on 2/13/2018 10:18:00 AM

I like this lippie, it looks natural on me and is a lovely shade. Usually get about 3 to 4 hours wear before having to top up which I don’t mind. Knocked a star off because the price is a little high for what it is.

Didn't match my skin tone (I thought it was gonna be way lighter for some reason) but other than that it's really good. Just not something for me, I guess.

on 1/18/2018 10:25:00 PM

my first satin lipstick and I'm obsessed. the feel is so much better than mattes. I usually go for matte formula because of how its longer lasting but faux has become my favorite mac lipstick because its so pretty, creamy and comfy on the lips . I knew once i put it on i had to get it. I am nc20 fair with neutral undertone and warmer lipsticks looks a bit odd on me like mac kinda sexy, it looks like salmon sashimi :( I cannot wear peachy blushes and I can't pull off bronzey/gold eyeshadows either(I only wear makeup with cool/pink undertones to compliment my skin). ***This lipstick makes my lips very sexy, pouty and natural with brightening affect and makes my whole face look put together and healthy, this is what i feel angelina jolie lips would be. Its MLBB pink that does not wash me out or look dull. This looks great with pink flushed cheeks and naked3 palette(rose gold) type of eye looks. this is my everyday lipstick since its so wearable and a no-brainer color for me. i also tried mac Brave and i wiped it off right away, it was too bright barbie pink for me. I use to like velvet teddy but it lean a bit ashy and too orangey brown Mac faux is the same intensity as velvet teddy, not too dark or light but its pink versio !! fair ladies with cool undertone must try!

a dupe(cousin) for this lipstick would be loreal infallible lip paint in 314 spicy blush but that one isn't as long lasting or moisturizing on the lips and its a glossy finish and a little lighter in color but its cheaper.

I was lucky enough to get this baby for free on National Lipstick Day due to MAC running a promotion at my local Myer. I'm a massive fan of MAC lipsticks, so to get a $36AUD lipstick for free was amazing. Faux is a gorgeous pinky-nude shade which is very flattering on my NC15 skin. It has a satin finish, so applies opaquely and dries down to a semi-matte finish. It applies very easily, gliding onto the lips smoothly. It doesn't dry out my lips, sink into lines or cause flakiness. It really is a great formula. I believe it would suit many skin tones, this is such a popular MAC shade and I have never seen it look bad on anybody! It wore around 6 hours on me without reapplication and lasted well through eating and drinking. If you need to reapply, the lipstick builds up easily and doesn't appear thick or patchy. This is a gorgeous everyday shade, and one of my favourites now. I doubt I will ever be without a tube of it! If you like Brave, Modesty or Velvet Teddy I am sure you will like Faux. I would highly recommend adding this lipstick to your collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Since I have medium-fair skin and a slight yellowish tinge on my teeth (which can't be bleached) I could not find any fitting mauvish lipstick. Everything either made me look pale or my teeth would look completely wrong. Mac faux is the first and only one lipstick I could find that does the job. The quality of the mac lipsticks are really decent and the items are not too pricy here in Germany, especially in comparison with other highend products. It is not too drying or too creamy so it stays on very nicely. I also like the fact that it isn't overly parfumed.

on 4/6/2017 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Opaque nude pink that I can't wear without a darker lip liner without it looking pasty. I like wearing it with MAC lip liner in bittersweet. My only issue with this is it is SUPER DRY!! It's a satin finish but I swear it applies and wears like a matte. I have to use a lipgloss or balm to make it wearable.