Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 2/20/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My husband started stealing my R+Co conditioner, and because he has great hair, he can use anything. I always liked the small of it, and so grabbed him a bottle for 0.88. I used it this morning...and my difficult hair looks better than it has in quite a while. I have fine, heavily highlighted 2b/3a hair that I'm trying to grow out after a lot of breakage from fused extensions. I can't believe this conditioner-the curls are soft, defined, perfect. Really, give this a try. I know people use it as a Co-wash, and I'm going to try that next.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- moisturizing
- lightweight
- detangles
- no silicone

Cons

- none

Comments: A silicone-free conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down for just a dollar. This detangles very well and works great as a leave-in, reducing frizz and making hair incredibly soft.

Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am extremely disappointed that this product smells, but does not taste, like Strawberry Quik. What a tease! You'd think a product that works fantastically for washing, conditioning, AND shaving could at least do quadruple-duty as breakfast. Man. I want my 99 cents back!!!

on 8/26/2012 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite co-washing conditioner. Its 78c at some stores and maybe $1 at the most. This helps me comb through my hair in the shower and makes my 3b curls soft and pretty. This can be used as a leave-in but I'm still trying to figure out the amount to use. I use too much its makes my hair too oily, not enough a little frizzy and just right pretty. So thats my next experiment with this. Other wise I will keep buying. PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE

on 8/17/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I was happy to find this product at my local CVS store in all the different colors/flavors/scents.
For UNDER $1.00, I think it was $0.97. I chose this one, and was happy to find that its a great detangling conditioner. OK I did do the legendary "co-washing" with this, and found its okay. I had to follow with something a little heavier, and the smell was a little irritating. Definitely not a subtle smell. I was happy to read the label, to see less overtly allergenic and dangerous products than in the suave and herbal essences lines.
I'll try some of the other smells/flavors and see if I can get a better option.
I gave it a 4 since its not expensive, can't taste the chemicals in the product, and is a relatively "safe" product.

on 12/29/2006 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was on sale at CVS for 59 cents. It's an okay conditioner: better than nothing, but no great shakes apart from the amazing smell. Oh, plus it's way too runny. I use the shampoo as hand soap I love that so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This conditioner is good for basic cleaning, but other than that, the only good things about about it are the price and the smell. It costs about 2 USD for one bottle. It also smells kind of like cotton candy, which is fun, but it doesn't entice me to purchase it again for just the scent. This conditioner does not particularly smooth or moisturize. If you have "normal" hair, or even somewhat fine hair, then this would work for you. Otherwise, I would probably pass on it.

Popular Conditioners