Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a good followup to the shampoo of the same line. I have type 4c kinky hair thas prone to dryness. I use this when i need a light conditioner or im stretching my more pricy conditioner. It smells very bice just like the shampoo. Light pink cream color with a typical slightly thick texture. Its a lighter conditioner and works pretty well as a detangler. I don't know if this will work on very tangled/matted hair but after working into my hair after shampooing it I can get my wide tooth comb through it pretty easily. It's the same price as the shampoo (about $1 or so) and avaliable at nost stores drugstores/supermarkets/big box marts etc. It has silk protein but its very low on the ingredient list. I didn't buy it for any protein effects but becuae it smelled good and it works well for my hair. It wont replace my favourite protein based conditioner that also doubles as a deep conditioner but I still love it for what it can do. Have repurchased several times and will contuine to buy it.

on 5/21/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These don't give my hair enough moisture...I need something with more slip...

This is the BEST smelling shampoo and conditioner combo I have ever smelled in a hair product. I used it for years and loved how it made my hair look and smell....before I realized how bad the ingredients are. I genuinely don't want to come across as one of those hippie folks that preach about the environment, but after both of my grandmothers got cancer, it woke me up to what I am using on and in my body, and the fact I genuinely care about other people. Fun fact: EVERYTHING used on the skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. Good ingredients and bad. This shampoo is easy on the wallet and makes your hair smell nice, but the ingredients used are cheap and full of cancer causing agents. Please be aware of what you put in and on your body. Organic and natural products don't have to be ineffective or expensive. My green products I use now are better than everything I used before I switched to a healthier lifestyle. A big help was EWG.com. It is a great website that has almost every product you can think of in it's database. You are given info the ingredients in a product, the toxicity levels of those ingredients, and what the chemical does to the different systems in your body, etc. A literal treasure trove of free info to help you make better decisions in what you buy. I am in no way affiliated, but I use the website all the time to check products before purchasing. You will be be amazed at how many HIGH END shampoos, makeup, moisturizers, you name it, use the same cheap chemicals as in this conditioner and charge and arm and a leg!! If anything, I hope this serves to help somebody. :)

on 3/22/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Thanks to reviews I've read here after purchasing (for use when c/o washing), I tried this as a leave-in - couldn't be happier! The leave-in I used to use seems to be discontinued, & I am so pleased with the way this moisturizes my overly-heat-styled hair, it feels much healthier. The price is next to nothing compared to others & the scent is mild. Will repurchase.

on 4/27/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really weird product. Is smells like the strwberries n' cream gummies, and it detangles pretty good. That's it. It doesn't do the most important thing I look for in conditioners: moisture. When I rinsed the conditioner out, it leaved my hair feeling dry and straw like. Not cute. Also, for some weird reason, it ended up leaving my hair over-moisturized, when it actually didn't moisturize my hair in the first place. I will never purchase this thing again. Girls (and boys), there are way better things in the market. Weirdly enough, my mom actually likes this gunk.

on 6/13/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty good conditioner, but I might be able to find better.

PROS:
-makes hair soooo soft
-smells great
-DIRT cheap! (got it for 89 cents)
-moisturizes my hair nicely
-makes my hair shiny
-great for co-washing

CONS:
-doesn't get rid of all frizzies/ fly aways
-go through A LOT (but only like $1)
-slight build-up that caused hair shedding

Overall, I LOVED this. makes my hair awesome! But I'd prefer it if it didn't cause buildup.

on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really love this cheap little conditioner!
When I picked it up at the dollar store, I really wasn't expecting much. I wound up finding myself supremely surprised though. This is the perfect silicone-free conditioner for those who co-wash their hair.
First of all, the scent of both the shampoo and the conditioner is positively heavenly. Some may find it sickly sweet and slightly cloying, but I really do love it. It makes my hair smell delicious! My only complaint about the scent is that I wish it lingered more, though this may be a total turn-off to others who are more sensitive to product fragrances.
Secondly, this is absolutely divine for detangling my thick 3b/3c hair. After massaging this into my scalp and rinsing it out, I then apply a generous handful and allow it to sit on my hair while I finish my shower. Vo5 Moisture Milks practically MELTS my tangles right away with it's strawberry splendor. It offers the perfect amount of "slip" for detangling my thick tresses without coating and suffocating it with plastic-y silicones also. Another plus is that this contains a bit of soy milk protein to strengthen hair that has been weathered by coloring/bleaching, chemical treatments, and mechanical damage.
Finally, the price is great. I found this for a dollar at my local Dollar Tree, yet I've heard of other people scooping it up for even less during sales at drugstores. Trust me, once you start co-washing your hair regularly, you'll go through a ton of conditioner- even more so if your hair is thick and/or long. Sticking with something cheap and effective like this is definitely the way to go.

on 2/6/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm quite surprised. I was looking for a drugstore silicone-free conditioner. Wasn't expecting it to come in such a cheap price. After reading the ingredient list twice to make sure I decided for a buck I'll try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! It detangled and my hair felt soft. It was a good basic conditioner for a really great price. Nothing mind blowing but nice. Scent a little too sweet for me. I think I'll try the other scents VO5 has but if I won't mind buying this one if the others don't work out for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- moisturizing
- lightweight
- detangles
- no silicone

Cons

- none

Comments: A silicone-free conditioner that doesn't weigh my hair down for just a dollar. This detangles very well and works great as a leave-in, reducing frizz and making hair incredibly soft.

Will repurchase.