Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

This is the BEST smelling shampoo and conditioner combo I have ever smelled in a hair product. I used it for years and loved how it made my hair look and smell....before I realized how bad the ingredients are. I genuinely don't want to come across as one of those hippie folks that preach about the environment, but after both of my grandmothers got cancer, it woke me up to what I am using on and in my body, and the fact I genuinely care about other people. Fun fact: EVERYTHING used on the skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. Good ingredients and bad. This shampoo is easy on the wallet and makes your hair smell nice, but the ingredients used are cheap and full of cancer causing agents. Please be aware of what you put in and on your body. Organic and natural products don't have to be ineffective or expensive. My green products I use now are better than everything I used before I switched to a healthier lifestyle. A big help was EWG.com. It is a great website that has almost every product you can think of in it's database. You are given info the ingredients in a product, the toxicity levels of those ingredients, and what the chemical does to the different systems in your body, etc. A literal treasure trove of free info to help you make better decisions in what you buy. I am in no way affiliated, but I use the website all the time to check products before purchasing. You will be be amazed at how many HIGH END shampoos, makeup, moisturizers, you name it, use the same cheap chemicals as in this conditioner and charge and arm and a leg!! If anything, I hope this serves to help somebody. :)

on 12/2/2012 7:02:00 PM

I loved this when I first found it, I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner and used religiously for months. At first it was great, really smoothing and conditioned my hair well, unfortunately this didn't last forever.
I'm not sure if it was a change in formula or I just personally stopped reacting well to it, but the fragrance seemed much more synthetic and the texture of the conditioner changed too. As well as this my scalp HATED me for using this and became so dry and sore that I had to use prescription shampoo for a while to make it better.

It's alright if you're stuck, but definitely not a long term staple.

on 5/6/2010 8:25:00 PM

Definite no-no! I purchased this condition mostly because the strawberry & cream packaging sucked me in. It smells artificially delicious... which strangely appeals to me; think strawberry creme campino candies! Now in terms of the effectiveness of the conditioner itself, I am going to give it thumbs down. It leaves behind a heavy, cheap feeling type of coating on my hair and I have a really hard time washing it off. Basically it makes my hair looks smooth and flat but definitely not soft to touch. I would not recommend as it seems like I put wax on my head.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Fake smell. Worthless as a conditioner. I might as well use water. However, it makes a wonderful cheap shaving gel/cream!

on 1/14/2008 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

---Cheap, artificial scent. Smells musty after it dries.
---Dries the hair
---Frizzes the hair.... badly!
---Utterly useless

on 8/27/2006 7:19:00 PM

I got this as im trying to see if super cheap conditioners can give the results of good brands such as phyto and redken, this did not do much for my hair at all, no shine, it just smells nice... and its cheap! Would *maybe* buy again but just for that yummy smell.

on 7/24/2004 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

For around $2, this stuff is simply wonderful. It does not have the nasty, heavy feeling of a Pantene or Fruictus conditioner (which I know leaves gross waxy stuff in my hair). It's a thin but creamy conditioner that leaves my hair smelling nice and feeling soft and smooth. On my sister's coarser hair it works even better; she said that she's never used a better conditioner (and she's not a product-freak like me). I took off a point because, for some strange reason, it doesn't smell as good as the shampoo, though it's still really yummy.

on 6/23/2004 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite VO5 conditioner. This one smells absolutely delicious and actually smoothes my hair and makes it shiny. I always have a bottle of this on hand now.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This conditioner is good for basic cleaning, but other than that, the only good things about about it are the price and the smell. It costs about 2 USD for one bottle. It also smells kind of like cotton candy, which is fun, but it doesn't entice me to purchase it again for just the scent. This conditioner does not particularly smooth or moisturize. If you have "normal" hair, or even somewhat fine hair, then this would work for you. Otherwise, I would probably pass on it.

on 12/1/2003 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got this on sale at Safeway for less than a $1. The strawberry smell is very intense and concentrated. So far, I like this conditioner. It works pretty well. However, I agree with some of the others that it doesn't condition the greatest. The price is right though so if I saw it on sale again, I'd probably buy some more.