Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

This is the BEST smelling shampoo and conditioner combo I have ever smelled in a hair product. I used it for years and loved how it made my hair look and smell....before I realized how bad the ingredients are. I genuinely don't want to come across as one of those hippie folks that preach about the environment, but after both of my grandmothers got cancer, it woke me up to what I am using on and in my body, and the fact I genuinely care about other people. Fun fact: EVERYTHING used on the skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. Good ingredients and bad. This shampoo is easy on the wallet and makes your hair smell nice, but the ingredients used are cheap and full of cancer causing agents. Please be aware of what you put in and on your body. Organic and natural products don't have to be ineffective or expensive. My green products I use now are better than everything I used before I switched to a healthier lifestyle. A big help was EWG.com. It is a great website that has almost every product you can think of in it's database. You are given info the ingredients in a product, the toxicity levels of those ingredients, and what the chemical does to the different systems in your body, etc. A literal treasure trove of free info to help you make better decisions in what you buy. I am in no way affiliated, but I use the website all the time to check products before purchasing. You will be be amazed at how many HIGH END shampoos, makeup, moisturizers, you name it, use the same cheap chemicals as in this conditioner and charge and arm and a leg!! If anything, I hope this serves to help somebody. :)

on 6/13/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty good conditioner, but I might be able to find better.

PROS:
-makes hair soooo soft
-smells great
-DIRT cheap! (got it for 89 cents)
-moisturizes my hair nicely
-makes my hair shiny
-great for co-washing

CONS:
-doesn't get rid of all frizzies/ fly aways
-go through A LOT (but only like $1)
-slight build-up that caused hair shedding

Overall, I LOVED this. makes my hair awesome! But I'd prefer it if it didn't cause buildup.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This conditioner is great for cowashing. It is runny enough to easily get the product to your roots. It isn't drying on the hair and it smells good. Highly recommended.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really love this cheap little conditioner!
When I picked it up at the dollar store, I really wasn't expecting much. I wound up finding myself supremely surprised though. This is the perfect silicone-free conditioner for those who co-wash their hair.
First of all, the scent of both the shampoo and the conditioner is positively heavenly. Some may find it sickly sweet and slightly cloying, but I really do love it. It makes my hair smell delicious! My only complaint about the scent is that I wish it lingered more, though this may be a total turn-off to others who are more sensitive to product fragrances.
Secondly, this is absolutely divine for detangling my thick 3b/3c hair. After massaging this into my scalp and rinsing it out, I then apply a generous handful and allow it to sit on my hair while I finish my shower. Vo5 Moisture Milks practically MELTS my tangles right away with it's strawberry splendor. It offers the perfect amount of "slip" for detangling my thick tresses without coating and suffocating it with plastic-y silicones also. Another plus is that this contains a bit of soy milk protein to strengthen hair that has been weathered by coloring/bleaching, chemical treatments, and mechanical damage.
Finally, the price is great. I found this for a dollar at my local Dollar Tree, yet I've heard of other people scooping it up for even less during sales at drugstores. Trust me, once you start co-washing your hair regularly, you'll go through a ton of conditioner- even more so if your hair is thick and/or long. Sticking with something cheap and effective like this is definitely the way to go.

on 2/6/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm quite surprised. I was looking for a drugstore silicone-free conditioner. Wasn't expecting it to come in such a cheap price. After reading the ingredient list twice to make sure I decided for a buck I'll try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! It detangled and my hair felt soft. It was a good basic conditioner for a really great price. Nothing mind blowing but nice. Scent a little too sweet for me. I think I'll try the other scents VO5 has but if I won't mind buying this one if the others don't work out for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have been on the search for my HG shampoo & condish for as long as I can remember and of all things to work for me, the VO5 Moisture Milks Shampoo & Conditioner do. I've used the Strawberries & Cream as well as the Passionfruit Smoothie. Both were labeled "Moisture Milks" and not "Smoothing" that I saw anywhere on the package.
The shampoo lathers well and cleanses without stripping. The shampoo moisturizes without weighing my (fine) hair down. And the best part: my usually tangle-prone hair is easy to comb through.
I seriously cannot believe these are $1.00 each! That is just insane.
My only complaint is that the product literally flies out of the bottle top if you're not careful...DO NOT SQUEEZE! :) After one or two uses you get the hang of it, but it would be nice if they redesigned so the flow was slower.
I can't see myself buying another brand of shampoo & condish as long as these continue to work so well for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

check out my other conditioner reviews if you want to know more about this, but long story short, I use this as a co-wash between shampoos. I switch up the scents, but have gotten consistently good results with all the V05 conditioners. This particular one smells just like a strawberry milkshake. It is one of the stronger smelling ones out of the ones I have tried as well. My favorite so far is the Vanilla Mint Tea, but I buy this one often as well because my SO loves it when I use it. But, the smell is REALLY sweet and I get sick of it fast, and am ready to move on by the time I finish the bottle - which usually takes me a week because I use A LOT of it. It makes a great cowash because it does get almost sudsy after working it into the scalp for a while, it detangles really well and it gives my hair light hydration while gently cleansing between shampoo & deep conditioner.

Oh, and it's silicone & sulfate free! which means it's gentle on the hair and won't build up -- that's good if your doing the Curly Girl method or not!

on 5/6/2010 8:25:00 PM

Definite no-no! I purchased this condition mostly because the strawberry & cream packaging sucked me in. It smells artificially delicious... which strangely appeals to me; think strawberry creme campino candies! Now in terms of the effectiveness of the conditioner itself, I am going to give it thumbs down. It leaves behind a heavy, cheap feeling type of coating on my hair and I have a really hard time washing it off. Basically it makes my hair looks smooth and flat but definitely not soft to touch. I would not recommend as it seems like I put wax on my head.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love these V05 conditioners to use as conditioner washes for my curly hair. I don't use the shampoos since they are harsh on my hair, but I just use the conditioners as you would a shampoo. It is actually very cleansing! I love the smell and rotate between all the different scents of conditioner, as I haven't seen a different in the actual formulas. These are not very conditioning unless you have finer hair or if it's a little oily. I get a about a week's worth, maybe a little more, of washes from one bottle of this. They are VERY cheap, and you can find them as low as .79 cents on sale :)

on 4/23/2008 11:42:00 PM

I use both the shampoo and conditioner. They smell absolutely delicious, the fragrance lasts all day and the products do smooth my hair. I would not use these products daily though, as I don't think they are conditioning enough for daily use. I have Aveda Smooth Infusion, TiGi, Nexus and VO5 Strawberries and Cream in rotation. I usually use Strawberries and Cream on the weekends when I want my hair to smell extra yummy!