Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 4/27/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really weird product. Is smells like the strwberries n' cream gummies, and it detangles pretty good. That's it. It doesn't do the most important thing I look for in conditioners: moisture. When I rinsed the conditioner out, it leaved my hair feeling dry and straw like. Not cute. Also, for some weird reason, it ended up leaving my hair over-moisturized, when it actually didn't moisturize my hair in the first place. I will never purchase this thing again. Girls (and boys), there are way better things in the market. Weirdly enough, my mom actually likes this gunk.

on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

on 11/22/2012 12:34:00 AM

I use this to CO wash and it is great. Does not leave a build up on the hair at all. My hair seems to love it and it is perfect if you're on a tight budget - $1 or less per bottle. I just wish they sold it in larger bottles. I feel like it's wasteful to keep buying the smaller bottles of it.

on 8/26/2012 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite co-washing conditioner. Its 78c at some stores and maybe $1 at the most. This helps me comb through my hair in the shower and makes my 3b curls soft and pretty. This can be used as a leave-in but I'm still trying to figure out the amount to use. I use too much its makes my hair too oily, not enough a little frizzy and just right pretty. So thats my next experiment with this. Other wise I will keep buying. PLEASE DONT DISCONTINUE

on 8/25/2011 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have crazy frizzy/wavy/curly hair that just won't take in any moisture. I straighten it daily.

I mixed this with my hair dye (SFX), as the dye is a vegetable dye that can be diluted with conditioner (as the dye is highly concentrated, Vo5 conditioners don't change the color my hair will be). It smells heavenly! I love it so much! When I mixed it with my dye, I left it on for a few hours. When I washed my hair, I was AMAZED to find that my crazily uncontrollable hair was so soft, smooth, and moisturized!

I now figured out that I can also use the conditioner as a leave in! Just remember not to put too much close to the roots, put it in while your hair is wet (for a leave in), or use too much. My hair just soaks it in! It leaves my hair smelling great for a day or two! It makes my hair unbelievably shiny and very sleek.

I got it when it was on sale for $.77 at my local CVS. I bought 3 bottles, because I use it up so fast (1/3 bottle per use when mixing with my hair dye, I dye it once to twice a month).
I have also used it as a shaving cream, and it works really well too. I also sometimes use it as a lotion, and it smells great for hours!
I have not yet tried using this as just a regular conditioner, but it is still one of my favorite products. I use Mane n Tails original shampoo and conditioner every shower. I use this for everything else.

If you buy this, and for some reason it doesn't work for your hair, don't be discouraged! It works for other things as well :]

on 8/17/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I was happy to find this product at my local CVS store in all the different colors/flavors/scents.
For UNDER $1.00, I think it was $0.97. I chose this one, and was happy to find that its a great detangling conditioner. OK I did do the legendary "co-washing" with this, and found its okay. I had to follow with something a little heavier, and the smell was a little irritating. Definitely not a subtle smell. I was happy to read the label, to see less overtly allergenic and dangerous products than in the suave and herbal essences lines.
I'll try some of the other smells/flavors and see if I can get a better option.
I gave it a 4 since its not expensive, can't taste the chemicals in the product, and is a relatively "safe" product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner! I bought this to use for co-washing but now it's replaced my normal conditioner. I love the smell, I think it smells so yummy. I use this everyday now since it has no cones in it so it won't leave my hair gross. Then when i'm feeling lazy I wash my hair with this. I go through alot of it cause I love how thin it is. But for the price it's worth it. I haven't paid over a dollar for it once! Definitely worth trying, there are a few other scents I wanna try too :)

on 11/11/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Smells great, I use this to do conditioning washes/rinses, when I dont feel like using shampoo. I also use it as a shaving cream.

You have to use a lot if you want to use it to detangle your hair, but thats ok because its only $.99. When I want to dentagle I use about 1/3 of the bottle. It leaves my hair soft but I always add another moisturizer after.

on 12/29/2006 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This smells like the strawberry milk I used to drink as a kid - yum! Overall, I think this is better than average, but nothing to write home about. But this does come in handy, it does moisturize while I am in the shower, but there are no effect after I'm done conditioning - I want some shine, detangling, feels-like-silk, something! But it is good, and I also use this as a Conditioner Wash sometimes. I'm tempted to give this a 4 instead of a 3 because of the smell... mmmmmm

on 2/24/2005 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well this is fine if you have nice hair. But for us that need all the help we can get, this ain't gonna cut it :) I do love using this after I dye my hair, and the color comes out too dark... it strips the color so fast.