Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 12/12/2008 2:17:00 AM

I am on my third bottle of this stuff! I originally bought it because I wanted something silicone-free. Well, I really like this, even though I usually spend quite a bit more on haircare. It's very mositurizing and even a little smoothing, and it has a delicious (yet fake, in a good way) strawberry scent which my husband and I really like. It reminds me of McDonald's strawberry milkshake smell. This is SO cheap too. The only downside is the kind of ugly package, and the way that it's hard to monitor how much product glunks out. But at this price, you can afford to waste a bit ;)

on 1/10/2006 12:07:00 PM

I can't believe how well this works! I have very curly, African American hair and I have tried tons of different conditioners. This one detangles well and leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft. When I step out of the shower, my curls are defined and my hair is actually shiny! I also love the fact that there are no silicones in this conditioner. All in all, this is a great product that is dirt cheap.

on 2/4/2004 1:37:00 AM

I love this.I have curly,thick dry hair.I didnt really think that this would work because it only cost .88 cents but I was amazed.It conditioned my hair and left it detangled,soft,smooth and smelling great.I love this scent.
I will be using this again and again.

GREAT conditioner! i thought it would be too thin, too cheap-smelling or wouldn't detangle, but it is fabulous at detangling, moisturizing, and it actually leaves a great smell in the hair!
don't be put off by the over-sweetness of it...it doesn't stay strong.

i love this conditioner for my curly hair!

on 10/20/2003 4:16:00 PM

This does smell yummy! The scent was a bit too much initially, and when I tried it for the first time while showering at the gym, I was nervous that the overpowering smell would offend other people. After I rinsed it off, though, the scent turned out milder. I have to say that it does not condition as well as Pantene Smooth & Sleek. I had to use a leave-in conditioner to get rid of my tangles afterwards. I also have to use a lot more of it because it's a bit runny. Now I use it at the same time as Pantene, but only for the scent, really.
Update: After comparing it to Garnier Fructis, I down-graded this to 2 lippies. Garnier Fructis smells very good, too, but conditions and detangles a heck of a lot better than this.

Mmmm....this conditioner is awesome! It made my hair so soft and shiny, and the smell...mmmmmmmm