Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 12/1/2016 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this to donate to "less fortunate" at the holidays. Seemed ok for $.99.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Along with the clarifying kiwi line squeeze, this is the V05 conditioner I use on the regular to cowash with. It has a light and runny consistency that can be moved around easily on the scalp, the scent is delish, it doesn't leave a discernible build up or greasiness, and the price allows me to go through it like water without batting an eyelash. These are usually available at the 99 cent or Dollar Tree along with other scents. The lack of silicones makes it a desirable cowash for curly hair. If you need a good light conditioner for daily use, and your hair is pretty healthy I would recommend this as a regular conditioner. I will continue to use as a cowash but for a conditioner I need a heavier masque to get the job done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

on 11/11/2013 12:17:00 PM

I use this for co washing, leave in conditioner, rinse out conditioner, and i put it in a spray bottle with water to use as a detangler. Its great

on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

on 12/2/2012 7:02:00 PM

I loved this when I first found it, I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner and used religiously for months. At first it was great, really smoothing and conditioned my hair well, unfortunately this didn't last forever.
I'm not sure if it was a change in formula or I just personally stopped reacting well to it, but the fragrance seemed much more synthetic and the texture of the conditioner changed too. As well as this my scalp HATED me for using this and became so dry and sore that I had to use prescription shampoo for a while to make it better.

It's alright if you're stuck, but definitely not a long term staple.

on 11/22/2012 12:34:00 AM

I use this to CO wash and it is great. Does not leave a build up on the hair at all. My hair seems to love it and it is perfect if you're on a tight budget - $1 or less per bottle. I just wish they sold it in larger bottles. I feel like it's wasteful to keep buying the smaller bottles of it.

on 12/18/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the texture of all VO5 conditioners and this one is no different. It makes my hair smooth and clean feeling after CO-washing. The ONLY thing I'm not crazy about is the scent. It's not that I hate the fragrance, but it reminds me of the scent of strawberry Quick powder and the scent lingers on me. I am so pleased with the performance but there are other VO5 scents that I like better so I probably won't repurchase.

on 8/25/2011 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have crazy frizzy/wavy/curly hair that just won't take in any moisture. I straighten it daily.

I mixed this with my hair dye (SFX), as the dye is a vegetable dye that can be diluted with conditioner (as the dye is highly concentrated, Vo5 conditioners don't change the color my hair will be). It smells heavenly! I love it so much! When I mixed it with my dye, I left it on for a few hours. When I washed my hair, I was AMAZED to find that my crazily uncontrollable hair was so soft, smooth, and moisturized!

I now figured out that I can also use the conditioner as a leave in! Just remember not to put too much close to the roots, put it in while your hair is wet (for a leave in), or use too much. My hair just soaks it in! It leaves my hair smelling great for a day or two! It makes my hair unbelievably shiny and very sleek.

I got it when it was on sale for $.77 at my local CVS. I bought 3 bottles, because I use it up so fast (1/3 bottle per use when mixing with my hair dye, I dye it once to twice a month).
I have also used it as a shaving cream, and it works really well too. I also sometimes use it as a lotion, and it smells great for hours!
I have not yet tried using this as just a regular conditioner, but it is still one of my favorite products. I use Mane n Tails original shampoo and conditioner every shower. I use this for everything else.

If you buy this, and for some reason it doesn't work for your hair, don't be discouraged! It works for other things as well :]