Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 3/22/2017 9:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Thanks to reviews I've read here after purchasing (for use when c/o washing), I tried this as a leave-in - couldn't be happier! The leave-in I used to use seems to be discontinued, & I am so pleased with the way this moisturizes my overly-heat-styled hair, it feels much healthier. The price is next to nothing compared to others & the scent is mild. Will repurchase.

on 3/7/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i bought this just to try...it wsa 99 cents so i figured i had nothing to lose! i was seriously amazed at how well this moisturized my fairly dry hair! i left it on for about 2 or 3 minutes and when i washed it out, my hair was silky smooth and shiny! between the smell, the price, and the way my hair felt - theres no reason for me not to love it

on 1/10/2006 12:07:00 PM

I can't believe how well this works! I have very curly, African American hair and I have tried tons of different conditioners. This one detangles well and leaves my hair feeling incredibly soft. When I step out of the shower, my curls are defined and my hair is actually shiny! I also love the fact that there are no silicones in this conditioner. All in all, this is a great product that is dirt cheap.

I absolutely love this product--it really smooths out frizz like it says it does, and leaves my hair shiny and detangled to boot. It smells terrific, and the scent lingers days after washing, just like all the other VO5 products. I was on a week-long camping trip and took a whiff of my hair (remember, I hadn't showered in a week) and it STILL smelled great.

Its biggest flaw is the consistency. It is just so watery. I prefer the thicknesss of the Blueberries & Cream one. I have to use a lot and leave it in for a while, just like I do with all cheapie conditioners, but the results are worth it. I'll definitely repurchase, it's a near HG for me (keeping in mind it'll take a while b/c I love to experiment).

I just wish it weren't sold out every time I try to repurchase (it seems that everyone else likes this as much as I do). I haven't tried the matching shampoo yet because there's never any left by the time I get to the store.

on 12/27/2004 6:58:00 PM

Terrible, terrible conditioner. i got this by mistake, i think i was thinking of the shampoo which got better reviews. I used this after using the Oasis Jasmine and Aloe type which conditions like a DREAM. this stuff didn't detangle my waist-length hair at all, even in the shower, leaving me with painful knots and horrible hair. I suffered through the bottle because I'm cheap like that, tossed it, got more V05 Oasis Jasmine and Aloe plus some high end conditioners to try out. I am never buying this stuff again. the scent is very fake sweet to me. Don't buy this! there are much better alternatives.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh how I wanted this conditioner to be awesome. I mean a condition that smooths the hair and smells like strawberries & cream? How much better can you get, right? Well.... you could get a lot better than this actually. It is low priced, which is a plus. It does have a nice smell but it doesn't linger in my hair as much as I would like it too. And the conditioner is kinda thin and not very moisturizing or smoothing. This is a good product if you have kids, and dont wanna spend a lot of $$ on hair products for them. But really, I would not recommend this and will not be repurchasing.

on 11/11/2003 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells sooooo good which is why I had to buy it after I sniffed it at the store. Too bad it doesn't work, though! It left my hair feeling very dry, coarse, and full of knotts that were impossible to brush through. Huge thumbs down from me on this one!

on 10/20/2003 4:16:00 PM

This does smell yummy! The scent was a bit too much initially, and when I tried it for the first time while showering at the gym, I was nervous that the overpowering smell would offend other people. After I rinsed it off, though, the scent turned out milder. I have to say that it does not condition as well as Pantene Smooth & Sleek. I had to use a leave-in conditioner to get rid of my tangles afterwards. I also have to use a lot more of it because it's a bit runny. Now I use it at the same time as Pantene, but only for the scent, really.
Update: After comparing it to Garnier Fructis, I down-graded this to 2 lippies. Garnier Fructis smells very good, too, but conditions and detangles a heck of a lot better than this.

on 8/5/2003 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! It was 88cents at walmart and it smells great although it doesn't condition well as others ill get used to it!