Alberto Vo5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto Vo5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 2/20/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My husband started stealing my R+Co conditioner, and because he has great hair, he can use anything. I always liked the small of it, and so grabbed him a bottle for 0.88. I used it this morning...and my difficult hair looks better than it has in quite a while. I have fine, heavily highlighted 2b/3a hair that I'm trying to grow out after a lot of breakage from fused extensions. I can't believe this conditioner-the curls are soft, defined, perfect. Really, give this a try. I know people use it as a Co-wash, and I'm going to try that next.

on 12/1/2016 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this to donate to "less fortunate" at the holidays. Seemed ok for $.99.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Along with the clarifying kiwi line squeeze, this is the V05 conditioner I use on the regular to cowash with. It has a light and runny consistency that can be moved around easily on the scalp, the scent is delish, it doesn't leave a discernible build up or greasiness, and the price allows me to go through it like water without batting an eyelash. These are usually available at the 99 cent or Dollar Tree along with other scents. The lack of silicones makes it a desirable cowash for curly hair. If you need a good light conditioner for daily use, and your hair is pretty healthy I would recommend this as a regular conditioner. I will continue to use as a cowash but for a conditioner I need a heavier masque to get the job done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 4/27/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really weird product. Is smells like the strwberries n' cream gummies, and it detangles pretty good. That's it. It doesn't do the most important thing I look for in conditioners: moisture. When I rinsed the conditioner out, it leaved my hair feeling dry and straw like. Not cute. Also, for some weird reason, it ended up leaving my hair over-moisturized, when it actually didn't moisturize my hair in the first place. I will never purchase this thing again. Girls (and boys), there are way better things in the market. Weirdly enough, my mom actually likes this gunk.

on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

on 11/11/2013 12:17:00 PM

I use this for co washing, leave in conditioner, rinse out conditioner, and i put it in a spray bottle with water to use as a detangler. Its great

on 6/13/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pretty good conditioner, but I might be able to find better.

PROS:
-makes hair soooo soft
-smells great
-DIRT cheap! (got it for 89 cents)
-moisturizes my hair nicely
-makes my hair shiny
-great for co-washing

CONS:
-doesn't get rid of all frizzies/ fly aways
-go through A LOT (but only like $1)
-slight build-up that caused hair shedding

Overall, I LOVED this. makes my hair awesome! But I'd prefer it if it didn't cause buildup.

on 4/30/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Cheap yet great conditioner! I recently bought some to use for my new co-washing method. I love that VO5's conditioners are easily obtainable, very reasonably priced, have a consistency on the thin side (too thick would make my hair too heavy), don't contain silicones, and come in many varieties! co-washing with this conditioner makes my hair feel light so that the natural waves and curls can show through. I do need a little extra on my ends to sufficiently moisturize them, but that's just fine with me. of course, the smell is also quite nice! on my last shopping trip, I bought this along with three other VO5 conditioners. let's see how I like those!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This conditioner is great for cowashing. It is runny enough to easily get the product to your roots. It isn't drying on the hair and it smells good. Highly recommended.