Alberto Vo5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto Vo5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 5/21/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

These don't give my hair enough moisture...I need something with more slip...

This is the BEST smelling shampoo and conditioner combo I have ever smelled in a hair product. I used it for years and loved how it made my hair look and smell....before I realized how bad the ingredients are. I genuinely don't want to come across as one of those hippie folks that preach about the environment, but after both of my grandmothers got cancer, it woke me up to what I am using on and in my body, and the fact I genuinely care about other people. Fun fact: EVERYTHING used on the skin is absorbed into the bloodstream. Good ingredients and bad. This shampoo is easy on the wallet and makes your hair smell nice, but the ingredients used are cheap and full of cancer causing agents. Please be aware of what you put in and on your body. Organic and natural products don't have to be ineffective or expensive. My green products I use now are better than everything I used before I switched to a healthier lifestyle. A big help was EWG.com. It is a great website that has almost every product you can think of in it's database. You are given info the ingredients in a product, the toxicity levels of those ingredients, and what the chemical does to the different systems in your body, etc. A literal treasure trove of free info to help you make better decisions in what you buy. I am in no way affiliated, but I use the website all the time to check products before purchasing. You will be be amazed at how many HIGH END shampoos, makeup, moisturizers, you name it, use the same cheap chemicals as in this conditioner and charge and arm and a leg!! If anything, I hope this serves to help somebody. :)

on 3/22/2017 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Thanks to reviews I've read here after purchasing (for use when c/o washing), I tried this as a leave-in - couldn't be happier! The leave-in I used to use seems to be discontinued, & I am so pleased with the way this moisturizes my overly-heat-styled hair, it feels much healthier. The price is next to nothing compared to others & the scent is mild. Will repurchase.

on 2/20/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

My husband started stealing my R+Co conditioner, and because he has great hair, he can use anything. I always liked the small of it, and so grabbed him a bottle for 0.88. I used it this morning...and my difficult hair looks better than it has in quite a while. I have fine, heavily highlighted 2b/3a hair that I'm trying to grow out after a lot of breakage from fused extensions. I can't believe this conditioner-the curls are soft, defined, perfect. Really, give this a try. I know people use it as a Co-wash, and I'm going to try that next.

on 12/1/2016 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this to donate to "less fortunate" at the holidays. Seemed ok for $.99.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Along with the clarifying kiwi line squeeze, this is the V05 conditioner I use on the regular to cowash with. It has a light and runny consistency that can be moved around easily on the scalp, the scent is delish, it doesn't leave a discernible build up or greasiness, and the price allows me to go through it like water without batting an eyelash. These are usually available at the 99 cent or Dollar Tree along with other scents. The lack of silicones makes it a desirable cowash for curly hair. If you need a good light conditioner for daily use, and your hair is pretty healthy I would recommend this as a regular conditioner. I will continue to use as a cowash but for a conditioner I need a heavier masque to get the job done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I like most of the Vo5 conditioners but this particular one doesn't work so well for me. After rinsing my hair feels very silky but once dried it leaves my hair feeling a bit dry and looking frizzy. I'm not sure if there's a different ingredient in it or what. I'm also not crazy about the scent; I like strawberries but this smells like a plastic-y strawberry margarita. I doubt I'll purchase this one again.

on 4/27/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a really weird product. Is smells like the strwberries n' cream gummies, and it detangles pretty good. That's it. It doesn't do the most important thing I look for in conditioners: moisture. When I rinsed the conditioner out, it leaved my hair feeling dry and straw like. Not cute. Also, for some weird reason, it ended up leaving my hair over-moisturized, when it actually didn't moisturize my hair in the first place. I will never purchase this thing again. Girls (and boys), there are way better things in the market. Weirdly enough, my mom actually likes this gunk.

on 9/9/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Another candidate for my favorite CO-washing shampoo! It's nice and thin and it cleans without stripping, leaving my hair shiny and soft. The smell is just to die for - reminds me of when I used this stuff as a teenager! In fact, the only reason that it's not my definitive favorite is that the smell doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. Nevertheless, a really good silicone-free CO-washing option that I'll buy again and again.

on 11/11/2013 12:17:00 PM

I use this for co washing, leave in conditioner, rinse out conditioner, and i put it in a spray bottle with water to use as a detangler. Its great

Popular Conditioners