Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

Alberto VO5 Strawberries & Cream smoothing conditioner

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Red 33 (CI 17200) (CI 17200), Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Steareth 21, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Soy Milk, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Leaf Extract (Strawberry), Niacinamide, Biotin (Vitamin H)

on 2/6/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm quite surprised. I was looking for a drugstore silicone-free conditioner. Wasn't expecting it to come in such a cheap price. After reading the ingredient list twice to make sure I decided for a buck I'll try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! It detangled and my hair felt soft. It was a good basic conditioner for a really great price. Nothing mind blowing but nice. Scent a little too sweet for me. I think I'll try the other scents VO5 has but if I won't mind buying this one if the others don't work out for me.

on 9/11/2012 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I used this years ago for both washing and conditioning and for some reason it became hard to find in my area so I forgot about it. Found it again in a supermarket for less than a dollar and bought 5 of them. Love this stuff. Smells great and conditions better than a $30 brand I had been hiding from my kids. They also love it and it's so cheap they could take a bath in it for all I care. No sulfates or silicones so my hair isn't a limp mess by the end of the day, does a good job detangling and I don't need a leave in when I use this. Great to wash with when I leave my hair curly and really cuts back on the frizz. I have no problems with protein overload with this but I use an SLS free clarifying shampoo once a week and color fairly often.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am extremely disappointed that this product smells, but does not taste, like Strawberry Quik. What a tease! You'd think a product that works fantastically for washing, conditioning, AND shaving could at least do quadruple-duty as breakfast. Man. I want my 99 cents back!!!

on 7/21/2012 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've been cowashing only and use VO5 to wash, and WEN for moisture. The VO5 does a really great job of cleaning the oil out of my hair. I use the Strawberries & Cream for protein then follow up with WEN for moisture. I tried this when I was natural and it sucked. I didn't like it just to cowash by itself when relaxed but now I totally see what the big deal is.

on 12/18/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the texture of all VO5 conditioners and this one is no different. It makes my hair smooth and clean feeling after CO-washing. The ONLY thing I'm not crazy about is the scent. It's not that I hate the fragrance, but it reminds me of the scent of strawberry Quick powder and the scent lingers on me. I am so pleased with the performance but there are other VO5 scents that I like better so I probably won't repurchase.

on 10/19/2011 11:32:00 PM

This smells terrific and helps me comb through my hair in the shower. I think it's great combined with the shampoo and prefer a thin conditioner like this for slip. I also like that there are no cones in it.

on 8/17/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I was happy to find this product at my local CVS store in all the different colors/flavors/scents.
For UNDER $1.00, I think it was $0.97. I chose this one, and was happy to find that its a great detangling conditioner. OK I did do the legendary "co-washing" with this, and found its okay. I had to follow with something a little heavier, and the smell was a little irritating. Definitely not a subtle smell. I was happy to read the label, to see less overtly allergenic and dangerous products than in the suave and herbal essences lines.
I'll try some of the other smells/flavors and see if I can get a better option.
I gave it a 4 since its not expensive, can't taste the chemicals in the product, and is a relatively "safe" product.

on 12/17/2008 9:23:00 PM

Love, Love, Love! I have gone "no poo" ( I dont use shampoo, avoiding sulfates) so I either wash with a natural moisturizing hair bar soap that I get at a local soap making place or I take this conditioner ( or any VO5 really) and kind of scrub it in my scalp and hair. I leave it in while I shave, and rinse. Then...beautiful hair. VO5 condictioners dont have silicones so its the perfect condictioner to use for no-pooers. I thought my hair might get weird from not shampoo but its got body and shine. (I will never go back to shampoo, which is sad since I have bottles and bottles of Avada, Paul Mitchell, Nexxus, Pantene, Goldwell, Rusk, Big Sexy) Plus, I got it for 99cents at the grocery store ( This isnt really a very deep conditioner, mostly just to keep hair from getting the frizzies and fly aways.) All VO5 condictioners are fantistic if you need a good daily condictioner that will keep away the fly aways and give body. I am going to stock up!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this conditioner because it is very inexpensive and does a good job of making my medium length hair soft. The reason why I rated it a 4 instead of a 5 is the scent. I use Suave's strawberry shampoo and thought this conditioner would be a good match but the scent is more "sweet" as opposed to "fruity", which I prefer. It's just alittle too artificial smelling in my opinion. But, it does do a good job!