CLARINS Santal Face Treatment oil

CLARINS Santal Face Treatment oil
Santal Face Treatment oilClarins Santal Face Treatment Oil

4.5

Hazel Seed Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Oil, Parsley) Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Fragrance, Linalool, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citral.

on 2/20/2019 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have recently tried out santal oil from the sample i got when i went to pick up the white plus serum for my acne scars. And my skin was still kinda breaking out at that point. It was weird cause I very rarely get this kind of breakouts. I assume its the hormones that caused it.
So, that evening i tried my new white plus serum (which i still wanna wait a bit to review as it takes time for the scars and dark spots.) the serum is quite thin. I feel like it needed something to top on. I tried the white plus lotion sample. But i feel my skin was still kinda breaking out. There was still little acne bumps. So the next day, i just applied the santal oil sample instead of the lotion, after i put my white plus serum.

The breakout calmed down instantly and feeling really comfortable. The smell is very relaxing too. After just a few days my skin texture has also gotten soooo smooth. That tiny sample bottle could last a very long time. However, i was just too impressed with the oil and didn’t even care to finish the sample before buying it. So, i went and got it today.
I’ll just keep the sample bottle for traveling instead since i travel a lot as a flight attendant.

IMPRESSED!!

*i am actually oily to combination. But santal is for dry skin. I was thinking to get the blue orchid one for dehydrated skin as somehow my skin seems to have gotten dry or dehydrated at some point cause i fly a lot. But i tried the santal and and its the one i was inpressed by and havent tried other ones. The description also says it calms and soothes the skin and the redness which it does and i needed. I was a little confused which to choose but they didn’t have blue orchid or even sample, so I just decided to go for santal. I definitely wanna try blue orchid in the future. It seems to get very good reviews.

on 1/25/2019 12:46:00 PM

I’m a big fan of this oil. It’s very hydrating and the smell is amazing. I sometimes have a dry patch of skin on my chin and this gets rid of it completely when it flares up. I use the oil only at night. It’s comparable with La Mer’s oil and costs much less. Very good for winter months when it’s very cold, as I live in the Chicago area. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/3/2017 1:35:00 AM

I have very complicated skin.
Recently my skin has been acting up, cheek acne, big pores, scars, red skin, sensitive, dry.....HOLY MOLY! I have been looking for something to soothe it since it's been painful also.
I've been using this for three days now and wow! I spent so much money in the past 6 months to find a perfect combination of products.
My skin feel amazing, my pores are smaller, no dry patches, my acne has been healing...just amazing. Will update in a few weeks. Hopefully this keeps working! No breakouts so far. I had tried the lotus before and it was ok.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This was ok - it moisturised sufficiently and amazingly for an oil didn't break me out. However, I didn't like the way my skin felt, slightly bumpy and unclean.

on 4/10/2015 2:05:00 PM

This is a favourite of mine, I love the scent of it and how it makes my skin less dry in the wintertime. My mum and I both use it, and she has very, very sensitive skin - which might be saying something about how mild it is. I don't use it under makeup, but sometimes take a drop of it over my BB-creme to fix any dryness. A few weeks ago, I tried the "extraordinary oil" from L'Oréal which I think does pretty much the same, but at a fraction of the cost. Have yet to hear from my mum about how it affects sensitive skin, but I am hoping to use them side by side to work out the differences, if any.

on 4/10/2015 8:48:00 AM

I am a HUGE fan of face oils, and have used three others in the past (Josie Maran, DHC and Bobbi Brown) but this one seems to be the best! The others are not as moisturizing as the Santal (to be fair, the Josie Maran isn't bad) and with the Santal I apply at night and wake up with plump, juicy, moist skin!! It is amazing. I live in the NYC area and don't drive, so my skin takes a beating walking around the city all winter. The Santal oil is a welcome cure for my dry, red skin that even sometimes get eczema (yes, on my face....sooooo sexy). I absolutely LOVE this product, and will buy it over and over....oh, and just in case you were afraid of oils, my skin is breakout prone but dry, and this oil has caused NO problems whatsoever....as a matter of fact I'm pretty sure my skin has never looked better (and I'm 46!!!!!).

on 1/30/2015 5:21:00 AM

Clarins santal oil is for dry skin/After trying many products,Clarins improuved .my skin in one week.Woanderful for winter.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I purchased this oil because I was trying to find a good treatment for my dry skin. I used the oil at night and the Santal is designed for dry skin. I loved the packaging it has like a dripper to drop the oil so you can control the quantity ,the bottle is made of glass so I was careful not to break it. I was surprised by this oil, it did a great job treating my dry oil , the oil sat for 10 minutes or less on my face before it was completely absorbed, it's not dry oil.

I recommend it.

on 9/22/2014 5:52:00 AM

Clarins Santal Face Treatment oil is great to 'reset' my skin. My skin is not extremely dry but I have chosen to use this version of the treatment oil.

It spreads rather thickly but would do fine if it were used sparingly under a facial mist.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

my desert island hero. my dry skin loves this. use every night. wake up with soft hydrated skin. a must have for dry skins.