no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I know you’re thinking “Baby lotion?!” Ok, I know this sounds weird but trust me on this one. This stuff is amazing. While the Mustela line is a higher end line of products for babies, it has developed quite a following for those in the know. I used to work at Blue Mercury, a beauty boutique chain, and all of the “yummy mummies” would come in for this product. I thought they were buying it for their bougie babies but NO, they were buying it for themselves. So I had to try it too. The Mustela Hydra Bebe lotion is super gentle and hydrating. Just think, if it safe for a baby’s skin, how well it will treat your skin. It is composed of 97% natural ingredients including an elixir of plant-based ingredients including Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Vitamins E and F, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, and Avocado Perseose. Trust me on this, try it and you will fall in love. I like to use this at night before bed, it keeps my skin hydrated while I sleep as well as the pleasing powdery scent helps me fall asleep.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I have kids but I bought this for myself. I love the perfume-y scent of all Mustela products, but it is way strong in this formula. I massage this deeply hydrating but lightweight lotion in after showering at night and my skin is still scented by afternoon the following day. If you don't like that Mustela scent, you probably won't like this lotion, no matter how well it hydrates. Normally $16 for a 10.14 ounce pump bottle at Walgreens, but I snagged it on clearance for $3.

About reviewer (925 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

6 years ago

The product itself functions fairly well, but the scent is overwhelming and awful. I put a small amount on my baby's head and the perfumey, floral scent was so strong, it circulated in the car almost 12 hours after I put it on. Even washing his head didn't completely remove it. It smells artificial and like a matronly, outdated floral perfume from 20 years ago. A very odd scent for a baby cream! I love the scent of the baby wash/shampoo, so very disappointing. This nauseated my husband (who has a terrible sense of smell) and I so much, we never used it again. It also made us nervous to use such a strongly-fragranced cream on our baby. No thanks!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

1.0

7 years ago

It is a deceiving product...it seems to moisturize your skin at one use but your skin (or, in this case, MY skin) gets used to it and dries out without it. One week without applying this lotion and my skin was dry and gross. I tested another lotion and didn't have the same drying problem, so I know this lotion isn't as good as it claims to be.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

9 years ago

LOVE this lotion! Thick but not greasy; scented but not too perfumey; it's almost perfect! Price is a little much for a baby lotion, but you really don't need a lot to cover your entire body. I applied this right after shaving, and expected a burn (even other baby products I've tried seem to irritate just shaved legs), but was so pleasantly surprised at how luxurious it felt! I have not found any lotion this moisturizing and non-sticky or filmy feeling since I used La Mer body cream. However, that stuff is WAY too expensive to validate purchasing. I don't have a baby, but when I do, Mustela products will be what I use; they are fantastic!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I don't know why some say this smells bad I think it is heavinly. I don't have any kids but my french friend introduced me to this line. It is amazing. I use to buy J&J baby products for myself but this is so much better. Makes skin so soft like a baby and smells great. I use this with the body spray when I get out of the shower for maximum hydration. Although a bit pricey for a baby product I can't seem to give it up

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

from

14 years ago

I loveee this stuff..bought this after reading the reviews here..thankyou mua. Its a bit pricy but its the best stuff i have used for my ds..makes his skin soo soft, absorbs quickly and has that wonderful baby smell..would buy this again and again..

About reviewer (413 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

14 years ago

Okay, so I was kind of freaked out when I first saw the price of this, because its not exactally the cheapest of products, but after all that I had read about this I decided to try it and I was desperate anyways because my daughters skin was so dry and she was constantly scratching herself. WOW am I glad I did. This is the best lotion hands down. The scent is kind of strange at first, but after a bit it smells a lot better, and it moisturizes her skin so well. I use it myself too. It lasts along time also. Use this along with their 2 in 1 shampoo and body wash and your babys skin will be super, super soft.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

16 years ago

The best lotion i've ever used for myself and for my baby,very moisturizing i would definitely tried the whole product

About reviewer (223 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

from

16 years ago

Fresh smelling lotion leaves the skin so soft. Used by many who teach infant massage. Spreads well and is absorbed quickly. Very good product.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age