ABBA ZeroScent Hairspray

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 11/16/09: I have decided to eat the cost and have gone back to this spray for daily use. It doesn't build up on my hair and doesn't aggravate my allergies. Guess I'll cut back on other products instead.

Being a fragrance-intolerant female with baby-fine, flyaway hair is difficult enough, but finding a completely fragrance-free hairspray to help tame said baby-fine hair is a real challenge. When Clinique dismantled its haircare line and Almay did the same, I was lost. I happened upon ABBA's Zero Scent which I have used for the past five years or so. This non-aerosol hairspray gives a very firm hold (which I need), but still washes out well with shampooing.
Unfortunately, as of writing this review, I am abandoning my use of this HG product. ABBA has now repackaged this product for the third time in recent history; it's now called by a different name, it comes in a smaller bottle and the price has been raised at my local beauty supply to $18 for 10 ounces. Although I've now switched to Salon Grafix (a superb unscented -- although not fragrance-free hairspray -- at a much lower price point), I'd still recommend the Zero Scent -- or whatever it's called now -- for those who don't tolerate fragrance of any kind. continued >>

I love Zero Scent hairspray! Great hold and you can still comb thru the hair plus it adds shine. Very impressed with this product. Also love Abba Complete shampoo which does not fade my red - they work great together - with Abba Nourishing leave-in conditioner. I am really loving the Abba line - no sulfates and no fading on my red. Great products!

This is a really nice hairspray. It has a natural hold that has staying power, & it doesn't smell bad. Once the nozzle got clogged, but I ran it under hot water & it was fine. I got it on sale, but I'd buy it again at regular price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this hairspray-- it contains no alcohol and works great. No buildup and it doesn't dry out my hair.

Popular Styling Products