Urban Decay Blender Brush

Urban Decay Blender Brush

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my number one brush for a couple of years. I use it for nearly everything - whole eyelid, crease, under the brow, blending. It can do anything from a fairly precise application (not on the lower lash line though, as it's quite full and wide, it's just good for blending in that area) to a nicely blended look. It's always in my make-up bag and I have been using it nearly daily for the past few years. It's a high quality brush and I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bough this brush in a emergency and I though at first it was too big for blending, but it was not. At first it seems big but as soon you start blending your eyeshadow seems like this is a magical brush. It is multifunctional and it does everything perfect. It is not only great for blending and getting that sexy smoky eye look, but it's also the perfect brush for highlighting under your eyebrow and also for applying eyeshadow over the lid. I have own several blending brushes and so far this one is the best one I have had. If you don't want to waist your money buying several eye brushes I highly recommend you this one!!

Compre esta brocha de emergencia y aun asi pensando que era gigantesca. Tan pronto comenze a darle uso me percate que no lo era. Esta brocha al principio parece ser muy grande, pero tan pronto comienzas a usarla te das cuenta de que es la brocha perfecta tanto para difuminar como para aplicar luz abajo de tus ejas y hasta simplemente aplicar producto en todo el parpado. Es tambien la brocha perfecta para crear el "Smoky Eye Look". Recomiendo a todas esas chicas que no pueden costear diferentes brocha de ojos o simplemente quieran ahorrarse ese dinero pues que compren esta brocha ya que es perfecta para multi-uso.

on 9/26/2009 10:20:00 PM

I typically use this brush for a wash of color over my entire lid. It's the right size and shape, but it also really is fantastic for blending. It looks like it would be too wide to effectively blend shadow from the crease, but it works great!! I love the metal handle and the cruelty-free fibers. Wonderful brush, well worth the price.

on 2/27/2009 10:00:00 AM

I was at my local Sephora and asked the sales assistant for a brush that would allow me to sweep a quick wash of color all over lids. She suggested this. Since I already liked the Urban Decay brand, I decided to give it a shot. The bristles are very soft and fluffy, and I feel this brush is well made. However, I had a hard time using it for the purpose I had inquired about. Because it was so fluffy and big (for an eyeshadow brush), I had a hard time containing the pigment and it ended up all over, extending outside of my lids and looking... sloppy. So I put it away for several months, disappointed that I had been duped. Recently however a friend reminded me that the name of the brush *is* blender brush and therefore I should use it for its intended purpose before writing it off. So I gave it another shot, and I'm glad I did! I now love this brush for blending a darker shade around my eye lid. I will usually lay down some color along my lash line with another brush (I like Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow brush for this). Then I will use the UD blender brush to sweep it up and around my lid, making it a bit darker in the outer V corner of my eye. I'm very impressed with how well this technique works! I'm sorry I gave up on this brush so quickly and very glad I gave it another try. It works great for blending - which it was designed to do.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Before I review this let me state my mission: it was to find a blender brush that would smoothly and softly blend my darker smoke shadow above my crease without taking away too much color. I bought this brush because of the end result of an e/s demonstration by an SA. I loved the overall result and I got suckered into buying this "amazing blending" brush. Before I purchased the brush I was skeptical about the synthetic make of it and the way the brush hairs were laid out; it just didn't appear that it would blend very well. Needless to say that I was right; it blends OK and works better to apply a dry highlighter shadow on the brow bone. Rather than returning the brush out of pure laziness I've kept it and use it once in awhile. Though its great the product is animal cruelty free, it's not a good blender brush. So on searching for a better blender brush, I found MAC #217. Its wonderful!! Read my review for that brush.

on 9/3/2008 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is a MUST HAVE! After I am done doing my eyes I take this brush and blend it all over it makes my eye makeup seamlessly flawless! The quality is amazing. Super soft & easy to clean. I couldn't live without it.

This brush is a MUST HAVE!! Great for highlighting under the brow bone with a nice pretty shadow. Plus it's cruelty-free, because it is silly to have to kill animals for their fur in order for us to put make-up on, *sigh*

on 12/23/2007 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite brush for my eyes. Always use this to blend my eye shadows, doesn't shed, have been using this for years.
I always use this one to apply my darker e/s, especially when I'm doing smokey eyes.

I love UD brushes the eyeshadows ones are staples for me.
I'm surprised they all dont get more love then they do.

this site lists some care tips for synthetic brushes

I *LOVE* this brush! I'd been searching high and low for a good blending brush, and an awesome friend of mine sent me this. It has cut down on my e/s application time by at least half! I'm soooooo anal about my e/s being blended well, and this def. does the job. Also it's synthetic, so no animal products are used in it. Yay!

Popular Makeup Brushes