Avon Incredible Finish Pressed Powder

3.0

on 10/1/2015 2:17:00 PM

This just doesn't seem to do anything - I need light oil control, but it doesn't deliver. The finish is ok, but there are better powders out there. It doesn't really 'do' anything beneficial like smoothing out, providing additional coverage / longevity on top of foundation. It's almost like I use this out of habit than for any benefits. This does perform decently alone, giving light coverage, but that's not really what I bought this for.

Sometimes I think this has a faintly yellow tinge on my NC10 skin, but only in certain lights - maybe I'm imagining it!

Packaging is simple, hasn't sprung open in my bag. I never really like sponges supplied with these kind of products, but it's fine for on the go / travelling light.

Avon always seem to have offers on, and the price point is fair.

Looking forward to finishing this up and moving on.

on 4/13/2014 8:37:00 PM

I don't like the pad you get with it to apply, I would rather they have you a thicker one or even a sponge and a brush to apply with. I feel as though you can see the powder sitting on your face, that's why I get a brush and sweep all over my face once I have finished applying, I would say it's amazing but I suppose it will do if you need it as the coverage is decent.

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/22/2008 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Something about this makes me think it's been discontinued, just the feeling I get from the packaging - it's not outdated, but has a "classic" look, I'll check their website at some point. I got it off eBay, I was looking for a setting powder when I wear liquid foundation. This works great for that! It's light, finely milled, but when I sweep it over the fresh foundation, pressing lightly, it helps set it nicely. Not too strong a smell, or maybe there is but I can't tell - I like stuff with a heavier scent to it. It's not good on its own, definitely highlights dry areas, but as a setting powder I really like it. Will purchase again if I can find it - I wear Translucent Ivory (just the right shade, too, and it's hard to find something pale enough for me).

on 8/23/2005 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this stuff, but it looks terrible in professional photos and doesn't last/stay on very long/well...

on 6/20/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been "powdering my nose" for 17 years (wow am I REALLY 30!). I have tried every powder in the world--no kidding. I adore this stuff. It isn't super cheap. I buy off of ebay. I like to skip the middle man.Ha Ha. This stuff is like silk, and is the perfect color. Always looks flawless,even over suncreen & makeup. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it. BTW ,I buy the translucent ivory shade.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This powder really cakes up on my face. I don't like it. For $10, I'll stick with my favorite L'Oreal powder.

on 3/4/2003 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I truly love Avon products, and I usually have great success with their make-up, but this pressed powder just doesn't cut it for me. It doesn't spread smoothly for me, and it doesn't mattify me like Covergirl powder does. And I can't STAND the applicator, it's a cheap plastic foam thingy which may be to blame for why I can't apply it evenly, I would much prefer cloth. I would not repurchase.

on 3/3/2003 2:18:00 AM

I actually like this! It was only about $6.00 and I've been searching for something to replace my Lancome powder because I use it up so quickly and it's $32.00. I'm not sure if this will replace my Lancome powder, but I'm going to keep using it and see what I think after a few more days. I got the shade Classic Ivory. The packing and the applicator are nice and the powder isn't chalky. It's quite smooth.