The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 9/29/2017 12:06:00 AM

I had been using this toner for 6 months and I think I should write a review on this although they changed the packaging of this product. I have an acne-prone, oily-combination skin who has a lot of redness around the jawline, T-zone area. This toner did not do anything to help my skin (except for little bit of extra cleansing) but caused redness on my already sensitive skin. The fifth ingredient on the list is Algae extract which is ranked at 5 comedogenic rating (the highest scale).

on 9/25/2017 10:41:00 PM

Normal toner

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my kind of toner. It's alcohol free, doesn't sting when I apply it, has a pleasant scent without being overpowering and most importantly, it makes my skin feel nicely cleansed and toned after I've used it. I wouldn't say it does anything overly amazing for my skin - it claims to restore balance and control excess oil - but given the issues I've experienced with other, more expensive toners, this is a definite repurchase product for me.

on 6/11/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is supposed to be for combination skin, but I feel its more suited for an oily, or super oily. This does have alcohol in despite claiming to be alcohol free, it does sting open wounds because of the alcohol content. I thought it was wonderful during the first week, because it really helped my skin to absorb my moisturiser, with continuous use I found that it is over drying, and my current moisturiser was no longer enough, this toner is too stripping for my skin type. The result of my dehydrated skin was break outs. Very dissapointed, do not recommend to my skin type fellows, and will not be purchasing again

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was my very first toner I've ever used that is an alcohol free toner, and I must say it really reduces oil. I use this twice a day and at first it didn't really show a major difference but I used it half way now and I've received comments from my friends that my skin seems more clear and smooth.

But the lid of the bottle is easy to break, since I chipped my lid by dropping it once and I've bought another bottle to put it in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first time using an alcohol-free toner, but dammit it burns a lot! It claims to be a toner for oily and combination, but I feel like it dries my skin too much. Using this together with the mattifying day cream only irritate my skin. I feel like it will be better if you only use it in oily spots not throughout the whole face.

Well, I gotta say--the product claims itself to be alcohol free, as you can see it is printed on the bottle! But when you read through the ingredients..... you'll find it does contain alcohol.

on 5/16/2015 12:50:00 AM

when i first bought it,i fell in love with this product.it claims it leaves your skin without shine and this is what it does...but after like 15 min,your skin will get very but very shiny-trust me!i will never buy this again!!

on 5/13/2015 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Another disappointing product from Body Shop. This toner leaves your skin feeling oily at the end of the day. When I first applied it, my skin had a burning sensation and i don't know why.

on 5/31/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This toner really didn't help my oily skin. It tends to sting my skin slightly when I apply it, which is never a good sign. After a few days of using it I noticed that my skin was getting oiler probably because it was being irritated, and I ended up with flaky skin that was still very oily underneath. Overall I really didn't like this toner and I would recommend something gentler for those with oily skin.