Avalon Organics Botanicals Lavender Bath and Shower Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Chenopodium Quinoa Seed(1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Sulfate, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient.

I've used a variety of the Avalon Organics bath/shower gels and they're all very good. They lather well, rinse clean, smell good and are quite concentrated - a bottle lasts a long time. The only reason this gets 4 lippies rather than 5 is that Weleda do a body wash that I prefer to this one. Nonetheless I really can't fault this. It's a pleasure to use and very mild (I've used this on my face on occasion and, despite having sensitive reactive skin, it caused no problems).

this cleans well and washes off easily and smells great. it didn't seems to dry out my skin too much - or make me itch - even though i accidently poured out too much and there was foam all over the place.

Edit: I have reduced my rating for this due to quality and ingredients issues. I think the quality has declined. It now makes my skin drier. Despite claims on the packaging that it now has more essential oils, I notice that the ingredients have changed for the worse. I also dislike the fact that they have pandered to the need for a shower gel to be clear. Hardly anything truly organic is ever translucent, except for water. I liked the yellowy-green colour of it, it was reassuringly more natural. I will now only buy shower products approved by the Soil Association. It is a shame because the price used to represent good quality for an organic shower product in the UK. It is usually 1.97 per 100ml. No good paying a good price if the quality isn't the same - value is what I'm seeking not just a competitive price. Boo.

This is a review for the LEMON bath and shower gel. It isn't listed here yet but it does exist.

I love this stuff! For anyone who has been to the Amalfi Coast and drunk the famous Limoncello liqueur, this scent will take you right back to sunny Italian days in a flash. Every time I wash I think of Italy, beautiful. For those who aren't familiar with that aroma, it a very natural, sharp lemon scent that delivers a kick - great for morning showers. It definitely is NOT a sugary, sherbety, lemon, thank goodness. As others have said about the other aromas, they don't linger very long, which is actually fine by me.
The color is reassuringly very natural for an organic product. It's a greeny, lemony looking gel as it contains lemon rind too. Some might be put off by this but I really like the fact that nature is there in all its glory. It isn't at all drying but it won't moisturise that much. You still need a moisturiser afterwards as with the majority of shower gels.

Mm, not too sweet a lavender, which is what I was going for when I picked this up at Trader Joe's for five dollars. I've seen it at Big Lots too, so now I'm on the lookout on their messy shelves. Plus, this is parabens free, and rinses clean. Not drying, not oily, just right.

Great smell and a non-drying, non-irritating product. Leaves my skin feeling clean, but not stripped.