Avalon Organics Lavender Bath and Shower Gel

3.9

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Chenopodium Quinoa Seed(1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Sulfate, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient.

Edit: I have reduced my rating for this due to quality and ingredients issues. I think the quality has declined. It now makes my skin drier. Despite claims on the packaging that it now has more essential oils, I notice that the ingredients have changed for the worse. I also dislike the fact that they have pandered to the need for a shower gel to be clear. Hardly anything truly organic is ever translucent, except for water. I liked the yellowy-green colour of it, it was reassuringly more natural. I will now only buy shower products approved by the Soil Association. It is a shame because the price used to represent good quality for an organic shower product in the UK. It is usually 1.97 per 100ml. No good paying a good price if the quality isn't the same - value is what I'm seeking not just a competitive price. Boo.

This is a review for the LEMON bath and shower gel. It isn't listed here yet but it does exist.

I love this stuff! For anyone who has been to the Amalfi Coast and drunk the famous Limoncello liqueur, this scent will take you right back to sunny Italian days in a flash. Every time I wash I think of Italy, beautiful. For those who aren't familiar with that aroma, it a very natural, sharp lemon scent that delivers a kick - great for morning showers. It definitely is NOT a sugary, sherbety, lemon, thank goodness. As others have said about the other aromas, they don't linger very long, which is actually fine by me.
The color is reassuringly very natural for an organic product. It's a greeny, lemony looking gel as it contains lemon rind too. Some might be put off by this but I really like the fact that nature is there in all its glory. It isn't at all drying but it won't moisturise that much. You still need a moisturiser afterwards as with the majority of shower gels.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is one of my favorite body washes! I am a loyal Aveda user, but sometimes the prices can become to steep, so I opt for Avalon Organics! This body wash smells amazing! The perfect calming wash before bedtime! This stuff will literally put me to sleep! It is true lavender oil, not watered down fake scented. That's why it has such a hypnotizing power on the senses. Lavender has been scientifically proven to ease the mind and to rid the body of stress and toxins, this stuff really does the trick! It gets me clean and moisturized as well! I have been purchasing this for years and will continue to do so!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Most of the body washes that I purchase are either Philosophy, The Body Shop or Baht &Body Works, all which make my skin feel fairly moist after drying off. I bought a 2 oz bottle because with a coupon it was only .49 at Whole Foods. It was difficult squeezing the gel out of the bottle, probably because it was a small bottle, perhaps the larger bottle is more flexible. While I did like the lavender scent, it didn't lather up much so I had to keep adding more to my wash cloth. After drying off, my skin felt drier than when I use my Philosophy or Body Shop washes. I would not buy this again even.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

While this does smell amazing, it left my skin very dry. It also gave me red itchy patches on my legs and shoulders.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

fantastic! i love this!! i bought mine at vitacost. 32 oz is like $9 , much bargain for household soap and smell so divine. the best thing is that no parabens and SLS. and wont dry the skin like castille soap.
yay!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just love this shower gel. I buy it in lavender if the store is all out orange/bergamot which is my favorite scent. My favorite thing about this line is that they don`t add artificial fragrance to any of their products, which is very important to me..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This stuff smells amazing and foams up fantastically! I love the smell of lavender (full-on, herbal overload, not the fake stuff!) and break this out for days when I really need the relaxing scent. At $6-7 on sale, this is not something I can afford to use everyday. Also, I feel that the formula is not very moisturizing, so I would get flakes if I used it more often. Overall a decent cleanser, but I would recommend skipping out unless you really love the lavender smell like me.

I've used a variety of the Avalon Organics bath/shower gels and they're all very good. They lather well, rinse clean, smell good and are quite concentrated - a bottle lasts a long time. The only reason this gets 4 lippies rather than 5 is that Weleda do a body wash that I prefer to this one. Nonetheless I really can't fault this. It's a pleasure to use and very mild (I've used this on my face on occasion and, despite having sensitive reactive skin, it caused no problems).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was so happy to find this on sale at Whole Foods, since I can no longer find this anywhere else. I love Avalon's entire lavender line and have also happily used the body lotion and hand soap. This really is just a wonderful body wash with a great scent and mild ingredients. This has never been a big deal for me, but I always see other people commenting on it, so, fyi, this does lather well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A lovely body wash that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The smell is very nice.

I tried it on my face also, but that was not a smart experiment (too drying).

Popular Gels/Soaps