Avalon Organics Botanicals Lavender Bath and Shower Gel

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.2

Not tested on animals

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice(1), Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitol, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract(1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract(1), Chenopodium Quinoa Seed(1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract(1), Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Citric Acid, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Sulfate, Alcohol(1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool. (1)Certified Organic Ingredient.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

While this does smell amazing, it left my skin very dry. It also gave me red itchy patches on my legs and shoulders.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

fantastic! i love this!! i bought mine at vitacost. 32 oz is like $9 , much bargain for household soap and smell so divine. the best thing is that no parabens and SLS. and wont dry the skin like castille soap.
yay!

I've used a variety of the Avalon Organics bath/shower gels and they're all very good. They lather well, rinse clean, smell good and are quite concentrated - a bottle lasts a long time. The only reason this gets 4 lippies rather than 5 is that Weleda do a body wash that I prefer to this one. Nonetheless I really can't fault this. It's a pleasure to use and very mild (I've used this on my face on occasion and, despite having sensitive reactive skin, it caused no problems).

Edit: I have reduced my rating for this due to quality and ingredients issues. I think the quality has declined. It now makes my skin drier. Despite claims on the packaging that it now has more essential oils, I notice that the ingredients have changed for the worse. I also dislike the fact that they have pandered to the need for a shower gel to be clear. Hardly anything truly organic is ever translucent, except for water. I liked the yellowy-green colour of it, it was reassuringly more natural. I will now only buy shower products approved by the Soil Association. It is a shame because the price used to represent good quality for an organic shower product in the UK. It is usually 1.97 per 100ml. No good paying a good price if the quality isn't the same - value is what I'm seeking not just a competitive price. Boo.

This is a review for the LEMON bath and shower gel. It isn't listed here yet but it does exist.

I love this stuff! For anyone who has been to the Amalfi Coast and drunk the famous Limoncello liqueur, this scent will take you right back to sunny Italian days in a flash. Every time I wash I think of Italy, beautiful. For those who aren't familiar with that aroma, it a very natural, sharp lemon scent that delivers a kick - great for morning showers. It definitely is NOT a sugary, sherbety, lemon, thank goodness. As others have said about the other aromas, they don't linger very long, which is actually fine by me.
The color is reassuringly very natural for an organic product. It's a greeny, lemony looking gel as it contains lemon rind too. Some might be put off by this but I really like the fact that nature is there in all its glory. It isn't at all drying but it won't moisturise that much. You still need a moisturiser afterwards as with the majority of shower gels.

You know, I live in the NE US where winters are usually excruciating with itchies as most people call it around here.

Last year, however, I had no problems at all and rarely used lotions through the day. This year was not the same at all.

It was not until I discovered the reactions I was having to the harsh SODIUM LAURYL/LAURETH SULFATES in shampoo, shower gels, facial washes, and toothpastes, that I decided to go out and buy products without them.

AVALON LAVENDER BATH AND SHOWER GEL was what I had been using all last year and ran out of it this summer when the problems started for me. When we bought another bottle of it a month ago, the difference was amazing. All itching completely stopped and I no longer reached for the hand cream every few hours!

My 5 year old has stopped howling about having the "itchies" every few hours and demanding to take a bath again.

This gel smells beautiful, is concentrated, and suds up nicely, leaving my skin not at all dried out but very clean.

We had to pay almost $9 for this bottle, but it is worth every cent. continued >>