Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Blanc (White Tea)

Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Blanc (White Tea)

3.9

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

On initial blast I thought this was horrible. I'd sprayed it onto a card and the waft of tea was overwhelming, in fact, it was a smell which reminded me a bit of dust. However, even though my first reaction had been "Ewww" it only took seconds before for the initial blast to settle into something quite pleasant which had me thinking that maybe I should give it a chance.

I'm so glad I did.

It's beautifully subtle and sheer, yet distinct enough to stand out as a classy and timeless fragrance. It is a delicate infusion of flowers, a hint of citrus, with a musk/woodsy undertone - the white tea subtly binds all these notes together to create something androgenously fragrant. It is fresh, without being insipid. This scent could be worn by a man or a woman and wouldn't feel out of place on either. I really love it.

I have been looking for a new signature away from the overtly rose heavy scents which I have been going for recently. This really fits the bill for me.

This is not a fashionable scent and it's not classicly feminine either. However it IS beautiful and a scent which I feel could make you stand out because of its wonderful sheer aura.

If you have a preference for scents you can smell on yourself, you will feel disappointed with the longevity of this. However I don't actually believe it has poor longevity - quite the opposite. I think it DOES have longevity, however, as it's such a sheer scent it's quite easy to become unaware of it.

On the day I tested this on my skin, I'd sprayed a couple of other scents in various areas around my hands and wrists. Ironically this was the only one which stood out from the others despite it being the lightest scent of the bunch.

I'm very happy with this.

on 5/5/2015 2:54:00 PM

This one is a bit like aftershave.. very refreshing. I usually combine it with a dab of oil scent (e.g vanilla)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

As another reviewer noted, I also met this fragrance first at a Ritz Carleton hotel. I loved it so much I looked into buying some shower gel when I came home but I just can't pay that much for shower gel. I found the perfume at o.co for a good price, and I really like it. It's clean & crisp, I feel like it's summer when I put it on. It's not too girly, I prefer more unisex or spicy perfumes lately, and this is almost unisex imho.

It doesn't have great staying power for me but I love it so much that doesn't bother me too much. I've gotten some compliments on it, too which is nice.

I esp. like the bottle, it's really pretty & classy looking. Just a nice simple yet sophisticated bottle, looks great on my dressing table.

on 3/11/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

UPDATE: 7/11/16. I am increasing rating to 3 stars. I place this in the tray in my bathroom so people can use it as air freshener. It is good for that and gives the bathroom a unique smell. It definitely kills/hides odors. I appreciate for that and might repurchase if I can find an inexpensive bottle.

Absolute dread. I am so mad that I purchased this. I have not smelled Raid ant spray in a long time and as soon as I received this and sprayed it Raid is what came to mind. It is a very chemical smell. Some reviewers said it smells fresh so I expected herbal and green but is far from that. I let it dry down and it does not smell much better. It is a sour smell and then fades away in about 2 hours, which in this case is a good thing. Fresh is Westin's White Tea line. This has a chemical/weird smell.

on 3/9/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well, I liked this one much more than I expected. I'm not a big fan of tea fragrances and funny enough Eau Parfumee au The Blanc is more of a white musk scent rather than a white tea scent. Have you ever soaked oat flakes in warm water? I adore this gentle, sweet, soothing, milky scent. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc smells very much like that, only fresher and slightly spiced. There are subtle floral nuances and some soft grounding wood in the drydown (driftwood maybe?) but it's the musk that dominates. Not an animalic musk here but neither particularly ozonic/soapy. Smells closer to high quality toiletries like a luxurious shower cream and fresh body lotion. May be too simple and tame but I find it relaxing and soothing. Smelling dramatic all the time can be a bit tiresome, this gives senses a rest. Totally genderless skin scent. Thumbs up from me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ugh. Disappointing. Why? Because it does not linger on my body/clothes AT ALL. I dont detect any sort of fragrance after :10. I spray 5 pumps and there is no evidence of perfume on my body. So weird. It smells great, but it totally is not working for me. The scent: floral but slightly spicey. Yes, white tea and slight cardamom? Not very grassy or earthy... But fresh. Clean. Crisp. Slightly unisex, but not bold enough. I really wish this one worked with my pH.

on 9/1/2012 6:24:00 PM

There is a chemical undertone to this otherwise lovely , fresh fragrance which has put me off wearing it, I think my co-workers might have agreed as I never received any complements in the time I wore it.

on 2/21/2012 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My favourite scent. It's light, fresh, feminine although it's a unisex scent. It is sophisticated yet not overpowering. I hardly finish a bottle of anything as I tend to get tired of the scent after a couple of use. To my surprise, I am now into my third bottle and still loving it. Works well for both casual and formal events.

on 1/22/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The floral fragrance that I graduated to after sifting through several terrible ones. The musk isn't powerful in the way you'd expect it to be; it remains fresh and crisp and supports the citrus (the most dominant note on my skin) seamlessly. A staple in my fragrance wardrobe, it's the most versatile of my day fragrances.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

It has a very light musky scent... that's about it.. I can't find anything special about this perfume. It goes away after a few hours, or at least I can't smell it because it's too faint. There's nothing brilliant or terrible about this product.

Popular Fragrances