RMK Cleansing Oil

RMK Cleansing Oil
Cleansing Oil

3.9

squalane, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl palmitate, peg-20 glyceryl triisostearate, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, phenyl trimethicone, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, glycine soja (soybean) oil, fragrance (parfum), corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, bht, tocopherol.

on 3/20/2011 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the 2nd cleansing oil I've used (1st one being DHC cleansing oil). I don't really like the minty fragrance, even though I wouldn't know if it stings or not because I don't use it to remove eye makeup. The consistency of this is much lighter than DHC cleansing oil, so it makes it quite watery. I would've preferred a thicker consistency (like DHC's). Overall, it's quite good at removing makeup and cleansing, but I really don't fancy the minty smell... I don't think I'll buy this again, as it is expensive as well.

on 12/25/2010 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The smell of this reminds me of a toothpaste, because of the mint in it. Also, the consistence is pretty much on the runny side. It preforms great on the cleansing area and I didn't have any irritations or breakouts so far. But what bugs me a lot (and thats the reason I took 1 lippy off) is the fact that I can't use this cleansing oil for removing my eye make up as it stings like crazy when it gets into my eyes. So all in all, this is a good cleansing oil indeed, as it leaves my face clean without drying it out and I may repurchase it again, but I still prefer my Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil, as it doesn't sting when it comes into my eyes.

on 6/1/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After finishing the bottle of Origin's Clean Energy I decided to swap it for RMK's cleansing oil because of all the rave reviews it had. I think I actually like the smell of Origin's CE more but both works well in terms of removing makeup and dirt. To ensure that I remove all the makeup and dirt I tend to massage it into my skin first then use a wet cotton ball before rinsing my face. I started off using 2-3 pumps but using it in conjunction with the cotton ball(s) I only use 1 pump which makes the product last longer.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I don't really like it because it has this smell that's not really pleasant. It does clean quite nicely but I think it breaks me out.

My mum and I both were given a sample of this product after a recent makeover session an RMK. What a nightmare, after just one use, both us experienced an allergic reaction. My whole face turned red and was very itchy. My mum's face was less red, but also very itchy.

Neither of us has particularly sensitive skin and I have used cleansing oils from DHC, Origins, and Shu Uemura without any problem.

I've also used the RMK liquid foundation and the make up base without any allergic reaction.

on 10/16/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A good cleansing oil. Goes on smoothly and removes makeup well. It also washes off easily, unlike the Shu Uemura one that I've tried. There's a slight mint fragrance, but I didn't find it as harsh as the other reviewers have mentioned. The only downside to this product is that it is quite pricey :(

on 7/26/2008 9:21:00 PM

This is one of the better cleasing oils I have tried. Takes away all eye make up successfully and does not leave an oily afterfeel like Shu does. Nevertheless I still use a cleanser after using this cleasning oil to get a good double cleanse.

on 7/8/2008 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As a cleansing oil, this has got to be one of the best out in the market. But I am biased, and have since decided that cleansing oils are not for me after I tried Avene Micellar lotion. I find it is just too oily. To be fair though, this is one of the runniest cleansing oils in the market. It cleans very well. Rinses off very well. Does not irritate the skin or cause dryness or oiliness. Overall, an excellent product.

I love cleansing oils and balms and this one smells heavenly - but the mint oil in it makes it totally unsuitable for sensitive skin, and there's no way you can use it anywhere near your eyes despite what it says on the packaging! Which kind of defeats the point really - I tend to use oil cleansers as they are the best types of cleansers for removing makeup. So wanted to like RMK skin care as their makeup range is superb!

on 1/19/2008 6:45:00 AM

This oil is refreshing because of the mint oil in it and that's what makes it smell so good. And because of the mint oil, if it gets into your eyes, it will sting. If you have tried DHC and Fancl before, this is not much different in terms of cleansing quality. DHC is thicker therefore it provides cushioning between your hand and your face but also harder to rinse. Fancl is about the same in consistency and performance. Though it has no scent but once it's past its expiration date (6 month from opening) it will smell. So if you're bored with your DHC or Fancl, it's worth to try RMK.