Lancome Blush Subtil in Cedar Rose/Rose Tendre

4.4

(((SAFETY RATED 7 ON SKIN DEEP))) mica, ptfe, dimethicone, nylon-12, zinc stearate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, cetyl dimethicone, titanium dioxide, triisocetyl citrate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, barium sulfate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance, propylparaben, acrylates copolymer.

on 7/17/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! I love this color! It's matte and I use it on days where I have to look professional but want to sculpt my cheekbones a little bit. The color is natural and beautiful, definitely not chalky or too powdery, and it works on top of anything I have on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Today was the REAL heavyweight fight: between Lancome Cedar Rose and Tarte Exposed. I couldn't believe I had found something I liked more than Exposed for a neutral, subtle, nude with rose, so I had to test it, wearing one on each cheek. 12 hours later, and though it was a close fight, I have to declare Cedar Rose the winner. Can't believe it. It is the only single pan Lancome blush I've ever bought, and I only bought it because I was swapping some Bobbi Brown makeup removers that irritated me for Lancome's Bienfacil (or whatever it's called) and was feeling guilty. I had been experimenting with brighter color blushes since Christmas, when I got an Hourglass palette and a Tarte Christmas special (or two). Then I read yet another contradictory article, saying as you get older to stick with the "boring in the pan" neutral. Which I've always been drawn to, and of which I already had several, including Exposed, stashed away in an ugly bonus makeup bag, so I did not need to buy another, but felt I needed to buy something, so threw in Cedar Rose. Surprise! It is FANTASTIC. So, to compare, the color is incredibly close to Exposed, but the application is so much better, and honestly, sunlight reveals all, and the Lancome looks less powdery and shimmery on the skin. It does one of the better fake-outs of "I just woke up this way, naturally and gracefully flushed" that I've ever seen, and I've been searching a LONG TIME. Great cheekbone definition (much needed, thanks) and just enough life. I think my problem is that I want more "wow" factor, but when I try for it, I end up in clown territory. I need to accept what blush can do, which is quite a bit, without going too far. I already know this with concealer--all the darkness will not go away without looking cakey, but enough will go away to help A LOT. I know it with foundation--nothing heavy for me, only the sheerest TM--whatever blotches remain are on their own. I looked polished, defined, and healthy with the glow Cedar Rose provides--what more do I need?

Update: Just can't believe how great this is--the application, the color, the subtle glow, the lasting power!

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply Glow-y! Hard to describe the color - I think it will read differently on everyone. Just wakes my neutral-warm fair skin up. I look fresh and sun-kissed. I just need a light dusting of this matte shade and I'm good to go. It can go with a full face of makeup, or with just for days when you want a little lip gloss. I received it in a GWP. Elegant black case with the rose emblem on the bottom corner (even for a GWP!) that comes with a mirror so it's perfect for travel. Would definitely consider getting a full size once this sample runs out. It's the most natural blush I have ever worn... just lit from within... or just had some hot sex (Nars Orgasm, you really got nothing on this one!) Either way, I look and feel gorgeous in it!

on 10/14/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I am fair-skinned and this shade is so lightly pigmented that I have to swipe the brush and apply at least 10 times to get any hint of color on my cheeks. And it's so finely milled, that most of it goes airborne. (Probably into my lungs. Should make for an interesting autopsy some day.) Blush usually lasts me a year or more, but I'm sure this will be gone in a month because I have to use so much every day. Tremendous waste of money. UPDATE: I did hit pan in less than a month so I went back to a more-trusted brand. However, I'm now using this to add color to the jawline and hairline because it's just the right shade for that purpose. All is not lost.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is not the typical blush color that I would ever go for. I love bright pinks and peaches. When I saw cedar rose in the compact, I thought it looked so boring. I was so wrong.... its the most elegant pop of color on my olive skin. Its really lovely. As always with lancome blushes, it lasted on me all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I totally agree with the review below. Initially looking at the blush I was disappointed but upon swatching it my spirits lifted. Now wearing it on my cheeks I love it! It really does give your face a glow. I don't know if I will repurchase due to the price but if I ever run out of it I will definitely attempt to swap for it again.

on 11/13/2011 8:19:00 PM

This is one of the blushes that looks really blah in the pan but it is absolutely GORGEOUS on. It goes on as a beautiful peachy, pink glow. It makes your skin look sun kissed. Very natural and glowy. Just perfect.

on 5/26/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite for contouring. Blends well. Silky. I think it's more like a matte bronzer but sheer.

HG blush. Cedar Rose is a beautiful, natural peachy rose color. Not shimmery, but somehow makes my face glow. I have a pale, warm complexion and this blush is plenty pigmented for me. Gorgeous .... blends beautifully into my natural skintone yet adds a warm peachy color with a hint of rose. LOVE!

on 12/17/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great for contouring! I use this on my cheeckbones and it looks very natural on my pale, pink-undertone skin. For a more made up look i just add NARS orgasm on the apples of my cheeks. If i ever run out of this blush (unlikely! its huge!) then i would repurchase.

Popular Blush Products