Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner

No Image

1.9

on 9/23/2017 11:02:00 PM

It's riddled with sulfates which are stripping agents that strip the color and moisture from your hair. Pantene does animal testing and is not cruelty free. Then they use the 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner by combining a bunch of sulfates and parabens with dimethicone-which is a form of silicone-that literally coats the hair and gives it the impression of soft, shiny hair-but it's actually a film that is coating the cuticle rather than strengthening or moisturizing the hair follicle itself. It's also called Pantene because of the ingredient panthenol-an excellent conditioner that is rich in protein and humectants for hair. However, this ingredient is nominal and down the list-so the concentration of panthenol is not that high. I don't recommend.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

The price is ok I don't use it much in less that's what I buy at the time but it works great and smells good it can become cakey in hair at times so I give it a few rinses

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of those products you don't know how bad it is until you try something new. Weighs your hair down and my hair was always greasy by the end of the day! I had no idea this wasn't normal. Awful. I've been using it for years never going back

I love the smell, it made my hair very brittle but shiny...

on 7/31/2015 12:13:00 AM

I use various creamy shampoo formulations and a leave-in. And I don't get the Pantene hate.
They lather awesomely, smell great, don't fry my skin, and even the regular shampoos often don't need a rinse conditioner in the shower. They're color-safe and very luxurious.
Why does this product line get torn apart?
It's become the pariah of the shampoo world and it really shouldn't because what more do people need from a hair wash?
It cleans. It conditions. It's fragrant. It keeps color. It leaves silky skin behind. Yeah, I can see why Pantene needs to go.
Despite the rather obnoxious ads featuring celebrities who sit for three hours in a makeup chair prior to filming--we aren't stupid--the stuff actually works nicely. Did I buy these shampoos because a famous person told me to do so? No. I used trial and error. I've made my decision: I like Pantene.
If you browse the ingredients list, you'll find similarities between these and many other shampoos. Except at least Pantene doesn't cost a fortune, comes in HUGE bottles, and you can switch around between formulas with reliable results.
I hope they never stop making these.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This shampoo sucks! This shampoo made me lose a lot of hair! Don't buy it! It's a waist of your money!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is absolutely terrible. If you truly love your hair, then i highly recommend staying far away from this product.

Pantene shampoos & Conditioners are GARBAGE. If you are smart you will NOT buy this crap and use it. If you will look on the back of their bottles at the ingredient list, you will see they use 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF ALCOHOL listed as being in the products plus Laurel sulfate which will strip the shit out of your hair. They also have sodium chloride in there which is like bleach and that will screw with your hair too. This stuff is VERY bad for your hair. DO NOT BUY IT.

Do yourself and your hair a favor and look on the internet and find yourself some organic shampoos that are SULFATE and PARABEN FREE. Those will not dry your hair out. An excellent shampoo and conditioner that I know of and have personally used is Aveda Shampure. This shampoo is made of 21 pure plant and flower extracts and it is sooo nice. It will make your hair smell great and feel so soft. And also Aveda Shampure Conditioner. Its a little spendy but its oh so worth it. Amazon.com has a huge listing of these types of shampoos and conditioners also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not a good product in any categories I've tried. How can stars endorse that crap?

When Pantene came out 30 years ago, it cost $5-$6 for a much smaller bottle than today and it was quality ladies. (or thought so at the time)😊 It deteriorated since then. Later on, I asked a woman at work who had such lushy and healthy hair what shampoo she used and when she said Pantene, I couldn't believe my ears. She must have had really good genes or something.

If the company that produces those products put the money into their products instead of in ads that nobody believes in, maybe there'd be more users.

on 11/11/2014 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently started using Pantene again after about 15 - 20 years of not using it. My favorite brand has been going up in price, and although it does a nice job, I thought I could find a better value, so I remembered that I used to like Pantene as a teenager.

I bought the regular shampoo and conditioner. I noticed that the lather didn't feel anywhere close to my old brand; it felt cheap and just not right. I thought maybe it was just me, so I continued to use it.

Well, 3 weeks later (I bought the big bottles), my hair is so brittle and coarse. I'm literally "shedding". I clean out my brush, and within a week, it looks like I haven't done so in a year. When I "wring out" my hair after a shower, multiple strands come out each time. I'm not talking one or two, I'm talking at least 10 or more at once.

I have changed nothing else to my hair care routine, so this is the only thing I can attribute it to. I'm going back to my old brand, and will follow up on this review in a couple of weeks. I'm also going to seek the advice of my stylist when I see her next week. All I can say is Thank Heavens I have very thick hair. If not, I would be half bald by now from using Pantene.

Popular Shampoos