People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

2.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It is composed of aromas of green grass, white flowers, vanilla, almond, sour cherry and precious wood, as a memory of the 19th ct.fragrances.

I pull mainly cherry/almond/vanilla, with occasional wafts of fresh green grass and smoky wood. The white flowers might blend with the green grass, for I don't catch a single whiff of any florals.

This is unique and appealing. However I have to wait until another day, as this juice is rather pricy and other things must currently take precedence.

Someday...

Someday...

If you like this and the price doesn't sway your decision, get it...this seems pretty unique.

Notes: green grass, white flowers, vanilla, almond, sour cherry and precious wood.

This fragrance opens with a fresh grass note enhanced by almond and vanilla. The effect is warm, slightly sweet but still vegetal enough not to be gourmand. You must suffer from pica if you wanted to eat whatever emanates this delicious smell. As the scent progresses, it loses the green grass note, increasing the vanilla, almond and white flower notes. In this stage the fragrance smells very milky and soapy, heavier on the vanilla than Louve and less almond-y. The dry-down is comprised of soft woods with a touch of sour cherry. Lasts four hours on my skin.

I have to say, I'm another underwhelmed customer. I'm hoping this is a skin chemistry thing, and on half of you out there, this is a truly amazing scent.

On me, I got the same notes repeated blow: opens with a strong hit of cherry brandy. Within 3 minutes--the fabled playdoh scent rose heavily off my wrist. And to clarify, it's not the kind you might have made in kindergarten from scratch with wheat. This is the trademark playdoh scent with that plastic edge edge to it.

So for 30 minutes cherry and playdoh wrestle for dominance, and playdoh mostly wins out.

And at drydown, smells exactly like Jergens Cherry Almond moisturizer. Save yourself $125 and go by a jumbo sized bottle of Jergens for $5.

*Has learned a lesson on hype*

on 5/16/2009 6:59:00 AM

Im going to do this review in stages because by the sounds of people's reviews it changes constantly. To start, Im getting cherry cough syrupy type whiffs, kind of strong. Not very appealing. Within minutes something that smells to me of cinnamon comes through the cherry and its actually a nice combo! I have to admit Im probably being more generous with my praise for this because of all the hype that surroundes it - its really hard to ignore! If this was a cheap drugstore perfume that someone gave me Id probably throw it at them! I get the FAINTEST whiff of playdoh and I mean faint, only when I inhale deeply.

on 3/10/2009 6:52:00 PM

I decided to give this one a try since it seems to garner "cult" status with so many. The moment it touched my skin, I immediately understood what everyone was saying and was welcomed by the scent of Play-doh. Not exactly as scent I would look for but it did spark memories of childhood. Within five minutes or so the play-doh had subsided and the scent became very spicy...now I'm intrigued. Though still not sure I would ever want to wear this, I was so taken by the strange scent I kept sniffing my arm. However, within about 10 minutes I was overwhelmed by the scent of cherry cough syrup mixed with Play-doh. (alone they were interesting, together they were nauseating) A complex and very fascinating fragrance, yes...Would I ever want to go around smelling like this....no. It wasn't a complete scrubber though so I did give it a 3 for pure interest sake.

on 12/8/2008 6:29:00 PM

> Wouldn't wear it very often. I reminds of a the inside of a dark, grungy
> bar late at night where there's a lot of illegal drugs going on. The smell
> that seeps into the wooden bar and floors - alcohol, human sweat, Maraschino
> cherries, tobacco, pot.
> I am wearing the edp and I noticed that seconds after I put it on, cherries
> were in my face, but they backed off quickly and simmered down enough that I
> did not feel like running back into the shower screaming.
> Hours later I am smelling too much cough syrup and factory smoke from
> melting plastic.
> Finally, and this is pretty bad, but it smells like the smoke coming from a
> crematorium. I grew up near one and as kids, my friends and I would play
> hide and seek in the local cemetery and if the wind blew in the wrong
> direction-- tada! it was early POTL!
> Cherries, almonds and heliotrope is the new "junkies accord".

on 2/9/2007 8:33:00 PM

I love this scent - there's a strong cherry-vanilla that lasts throughout the day, although for the first few minutes I get twinges of cherry cough syrup. Then the vanilla comes through, and eventually I can detect some almond in there as well... Has terrific staying power, too.

on 8/14/2006 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A thick, potent blend of smoky woods and cherry tarts which brings to my mind golden brown and ruby red colors, but comes off to others (I'm told) as a very sweet pink. The first time I tried it I was reminded of Fumerie Turque with the volume turned down. I love it but have to stick my nose to my wrist to catch a whiff, and when I inhale I sometimes feel a headache coming on. Too bad, because the woodsiness is right up my alley.

on 8/14/2006 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I WISH I could experience the cameleon effect so many people rave about for this scent. I put it on and instantly got "baby powder". Then a few minutes later a hint of "playdoh" and I thought, "Oh cool! Here's comes the changing effects they all talk about!" So I keep sniffing only to find playdoh lasted about 30 seconds followed by more baby powder and that's all I get. No cherry, no almond, not even close to incense. Wahhhh! I am so disappointed. My body chemistry stinks... (no pun intended). Glad I only bought a sample.

Update: I keep trying it and get playdoh, powder, playdoh, powder. Hubby says he can smell the cherry/almond thing but he doesn't care for it. However I am intrigued even though I find it annoyingly coy.

on 4/19/2006 10:35:00 PM

Oh, no. Oh no oh no oh no oh NO. I thought I'd killed this lemming. I thought I smushed it flat with two bottles of Serge Lutens' Chergui, which at this current point in time is my absolute favorite potion. I thought I wouldn't find a fragrance as inviting, as interesting, as sniff-my-wrists-hard-like-it's-nobody's-business good as Chergui. And while Chergui is still my ultimate greatest love, this has caused an uproar in my nose. I am IN LOVE. With the fact that I can't figure out why this smells different every time I smell it, every time I put it on, every time I catch a whiff of it in the air. Every note you read below? From the cherries to the grass to the incense to beyond? You'll get them. Every single one, at one time or another. How they created such a perfume I'll never know, and don't want to know. It's so mysterious, and delicious, and ridiculously expensive, and oh so travel unfriendly. It's confusing and delightful and I have to, have to, just have to have a bottle. continued >>