People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
 People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

3.0

on 4/26/2009 12:17:00 PM

When you first apply this product, it smells like someone threw a lump of play-doh at a christmas tree, but after 5 minutes it starts smelling like pure play-doh. The scent makes me feel very queasy. I personally hate this product, but if you like your wrist to smell like play-doh, this perfume is perfect for you!

on 3/13/2007 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

---Before I begin with the review, let me explain what" cult status" really implies: basically you take a mildly pleasant perfume (which this is) and attach an exorbitant price tag. People get curious and try samples, most like it ok, and some are rich (or impulsive) enough to buy. These few automatically bring attention to the fragrance as others are driven to find out what cause the" crazy" behavior, and they talk about it, making it seem like a very popular fragrance. Notice that this is not a case of a" special" fragrance as much as" special" people. Those who tried it and were not impressed experience cognitive dissonance and rationalize the irrational by thinking POTL must actually be superbly well blended, complex or indulgent. Thus, the greater the gap between price/popularity and quality, the greater a rationalization is required to justify it. Again, the reason this gets attention is out of pure human instinct to understand the values and rules of their society; it has nothing to do with the perfume.----- Now, then. This is pretty good. However, the high price demands high standards. 1). This is a very "dough"-y fragrance, either play-doh or almond dough, that's spiked with cherry. It is both strongly sweet and strongly salty. Thusly, it is not sophisticated. Minus one lippe. Regarding the morphing effect some others experienced, I think my nose adjusted to the dough smell so I was able to detect the other ingredients dumped into this, but when I asked others what they smelled they all said play-dough or cherry. This leads me to think the morphing is just due to the weak sillage requiring the wearer to smell it up close, which means the nose numbed to the dominant notes enough to sense the background. Speaking of... 2). Very bad sillage. I applied 1/4 of the sample vial before going out and when I arrived, people already could not smell it from more than half a foot away. Minus another lippy. 3). Lasting power is a few hours. There goes the third. Conclusion: Unless you grew up in a bakery and find the smell of almonds particularly comforting, this is just not worth it.

on 11/6/2003 1:50:00 PM

One expects a lot for this kind of money, and in some odd sort of way this perfume delivers. It is one of those gentle fragrances that is hard to detect on myself, and yet seems to envelope the senses. To me, it is not extremely unique at first whiff, however the way it cascades during drydown IS unique. It always remains gentle, from first spray to last vapor. I get none of the "mustiness, old books, etc." or other dank odors that some report. It stays fresh, with a sort of innocence,which is odd considering that I detect NO floral notes, only resins, woods, vanilla, and a bit of almond-cherry. I think I detect an undercurrent of lotus, which would explain the uplifting aspect to this perfume. If you want a "private" fragrance, one that does not blast others with a harsh note, you may like this one.