The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

The Body Shop Lip Butter - Mango

3.0

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/13/2016 9:03:00 PM

This lip butter is ok for maintenance if your lips are already in good condition, but if they're dry or chapped at all, look for something different. It's not really all that moisturizing and it doesn't stay on for very long. I put it on in the morning before I do my makeup, and it's usually worn off by the time I'm ready to go. Also, maybe I'm alone in this, but I feel like it has a weird perfumey taste and scent.

The packaging isn't very hygienic, so I only use it twice daily (when I'm getting ready in the morning and right before bed) after I've just washed my hands, to keep it as germ-free as possible.

(Note- I received this as a gift)

Smells delicious but leaves a white cast on your lips - it doesn't seem to rub in properly.

To Read all 91 Reviews, Login or Join

I really like this; it's soft, it smells good, it makes your lips look nice and feel soft. I've found it to be more moisturising than the other body shop lip butters I've tried (sweet lemon, coconut and dragon fruit)
I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So this product is not hygienic at all but I would still buy this lip balm if I would have lost it because of the smell and moisture

This lip butter is alright- not terrible but not particularly good either. The packaging could be improved as it is unhygienic. This lip butter smells really good, but it is not very moisturizing. it's ok for me because I don't have dry lips, but I don't think this would be beneficial for someone with dry lips.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The packaging should be better because it is not really hygienic. Overall, it's a good product. My lips tend to get dry and chapped all year long and this lip butter has made then really soft. I apply it as many times as I need during the day. It's a little bit pricey in Brazil, but it's still worth the investiment because it lasts for quite some time and doesn't make my lips get dry when I'm not using it.

on 12/14/2014 8:16:00 PM

Two lippies because it does not do anything terrible to my lips.

Not more because its useless. I have sensitive lips tha dry and chop very easily. But even stadard Nivea cream works way better than this. Can't remember when my lips and the surrounding are were this dry...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'm surprised at how many low reviews this LB got. Personally, I love it. I recently picked this up at TBS, decided to stop by because I had received their strawberry scented body butter and body mist as a gift and was immediately sold, and was instantly hooked onto the scent. It reminded me of sweet ripe mangos. ***mouth salivating*** at first I though I had grabbed the LB in peach ( my fav fruit) but found out after I got home that it was the mango version. No biggie because seriously the scent is AMAZING. Often times as I'm sitting at my vanity table doing my makeup, I'll just take a sniff of this just to sweeten my senses😜. In terms of the texture, it definitely has a slicker feeling compared to my EOS or Burt's Bees balms which feels waxier. I actually prefer the former because it doesn't cake up when I'm applying my lipstick over it. The packaging is cute(I do like potted products). Overall, I feel like this is a great product and I'm ready to go back for more. TBS was running a sale (buy 2 get 1Free) so this was free. $6 is kind of high for a LB but I'm still willing to pay it for this product.

::::EDIT::::::: after moving to a dryer climate region I've realized that this balm is not moisturizing enough. my lips will feel dry again after it disappears. $6 for a non moisturizing balm? no.....

on 4/27/2014 10:08:00 AM

There's nothing like a glass of icy, freshly-squeezed mango juice on a hot summer day in a downtown cafe in Cairo that's filled with the fruity smoke of shisha pipes.

This lip butter doesn't capture that rich, tropical smell of mango, however, and smells more like Skittles candy. But I don't mind. It's a cute product with fun, bright packaging that's a nice pick-me-up nonetheless. It's not a serious lip balm, but more of a stocking-stuffer or something colorful for your desk or a teenager's dresser.

The fact that it's a bit sticky, lasts about a half hour before it dries out and doesn't do much to moisturise makes me think it should be called a lip gloss and not a butter. My lips were a bit chapped because of the early spring breezes, and I relied on Carmex as usual because this didn't help much. I enjoy using it anyways, as it's cute and has a sweet smell, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/14/2014 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For $6? No thanks - but for $3 - it's fine. The mango/fruity scent is nice and it's some-what hydrating on a superficial level. A nice "stocking stuffer" but by no means a HG.

Popular Lip Treatments