Avon Cotillion

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

Price: $

Price: $

Oh Avon, time to bring this little gem back! A warm, feminine fragrance. Peppery and powdery at the same time. Like a spicier, sexed up version of Chanel #5. This drew compliments like no other.im waiting for the day when Avon brings this, Somewhere, and ExoticBeaches back... Anyone know if the odds are in my favor?

on 7/9/2006 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Here are some random images...guys like it and compliment...I remember which ones...when I heard it was created in the '30s I thought "Yes!"...Karen Black's Faye Greener in "Day of the Locust", I can see this on her dresser and can visualize this dresser facing one of the windows of the '30s row bungelow she shares with her dad and the unrelenting Los Angeles sun that's only partually blocked by some gaze curtins and the dresser's mirror...an edgey, primative Nanadebary with its peppery powderiness...slightly disturbing 'cause I picture its wearer as a very un-deb (Moi!), but like Faye Greener its wearer would aspire to the heights of a cotillion yet never...but in her own way, make some kind of debute or another. This is a sexy B-movie frag. The bottle I just swapped away is great and the label is even better, but its tall, plain brushed silver generic cylinder cap ruins the whole effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to score several bottles in a lot buy, vintage bottles too. A very nice, soft and spicy frag. Reminds me of 50's sweater girls with their hair done just so. Because this is one of Avons' most sought after frags, they do bring it out in specials once in a while, but I can't comment on the newer juice. I read on another board that Cotillion is similar to Bois de Iles. If that is so, even better for those who love Cotillion!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked it, but not enough for it to be my HG.

on 11/2/2003 11:45:00 PM

My mom sold Avon when I was a child and Cotillion was one of the first scents I ever knew. I loved it then (1960's)and was pleased to see it offered again not too long ago.
I still love its soft, "lady-like" fragrance. Yep, it is old-fashioned, but since when is that necessarily bad?

on 9/28/2003 4:00:00 PM

This fragrance works wonders with my body chemistry. It starts off a little sweet and traditional, but quickly changes to a luscious cinnamon sort of fragrance. Everyone who smells this on me thinks it's wonderful, but I doubt it would be the same on other people. I generally can't stand Avon perfumes, but this one is special.