Avon Cotillion

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/9/2006 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Here are some random images...guys like it and compliment...I remember which ones...when I heard it was created in the '30s I thought "Yes!"...Karen Black's Faye Greener in "Day of the Locust", I can see this on her dresser and can visualize this dresser facing one of the windows of the '30s row bungelow she shares with her dad and the unrelenting Los Angeles sun that's only partually blocked by some gaze curtins and the dresser's mirror...an edgey, primative Nanadebary with its peppery powderiness...slightly disturbing 'cause I picture its wearer as a very un-deb (Moi!), but like Faye Greener its wearer would aspire to the heights of a cotillion yet never...but in her own way, make some kind of debute or another. This is a sexy B-movie frag. The bottle I just swapped away is great and the label is even better, but its tall, plain brushed silver generic cylinder cap ruins the whole effect.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to score several bottles in a lot buy, vintage bottles too. A very nice, soft and spicy frag. Reminds me of 50's sweater girls with their hair done just so. Because this is one of Avons' most sought after frags, they do bring it out in specials once in a while, but I can't comment on the newer juice. I read on another board that Cotillion is similar to Bois de Iles. If that is so, even better for those who love Cotillion!

Popular Fragrances