Avon Cotillion

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
No Image

1 review

on 11/14/2013 8:52:00 PM

I got this in a vintage box from the early '60's of perfume oil, very cute. It's called "Jewel Collection" and is arranged in a snowflake pattern with several other vintage perfume oils. I found it on ebay. I remembered the name Cotillion from my grandmother's perfume collection on her dresser and knew I'd sampled it way back in the '50's. The name refers to a ballroom dance and I associated it with an early 20th century, old-fashioned social event. I expected it to smell like something a woman with a high lace-collared dress and petticoats would wear. It's actually a very appealing spicy oriental scent. It's soft and does dry down somewhat powdery but has depth to it. I just tried a couple drops on my wrists and several hours later it's faded to a skin scent but very nice. I'm not sure what the notes in it are but I would guess with the spice (soft cinnamon or nutmeg-like?), soft florals, sandalwood and vanilla maybe are included..nice base notes. If you like soft orientals this would be one to try. I see it usually comes in the cologne form and I haven't tried that though it seems many of the vintage EDCs last longer than today's EDPs. I like it..

Popular Fragrances