Mary Kay Signature Eyeliner - Violet

Mary Kay Signature Eyeliner - Violet

3.0

on 12/11/2007 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This purple eyeliner is great for making brown and green eyes stand out and smolder but it is a bit more difficult than other Mary Kay eyeliners to put on. It's a bit dry and is hard to get right up to the base of the lashes. you end up with a line of bare skin in between the lash line and your eyeliner. Overall the best purple automatic pencil liner I've found and I would buy it again but really the other colors tend to be a better buy.

on 11/2/2005 9:30:00 AM

Got a sample in a swap and am not overly impressed. This is a mechanical liner (which I generally only tolerate--I really prefer pencils you can sharpen) in a medium, blue-based violet purple. No shimmer or interesting effects. Just a plain purple liner. It's nice enough and has decent lasting power (smudged slightly on me, however) but IMHO Mary Kay products are rather overpriced.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I bought a new Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow in Plum I thought this would be a pretty liner to use along with it. When I opened it up I thought maybe they had made a mistake by accidently putting black e/l in the pencil because it was so very dark looking on the color indicator and the product itself. But when I applied it, the violet did show. It is darker that what I thought it would be but still classy and subdued. Nothing flashy. The formula went on smooth and creamy which is important to me. I hate when liners tug my skin which this didn't do thank goodness. Overall, pretty packaging and good formula. Darker than what I wanted but thats okay.