Mary Kay Signature Eyeliner - Violet

Mary Kay Signature Eyeliner - Violet

2.7

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I bought a new Sonia Kashuk eyeshadow in Plum I thought this would be a pretty liner to use along with it. When I opened it up I thought maybe they had made a mistake by accidently putting black e/l in the pencil because it was so very dark looking on the color indicator and the product itself. But when I applied it, the violet did show. It is darker that what I thought it would be but still classy and subdued. Nothing flashy. The formula went on smooth and creamy which is important to me. I hate when liners tug my skin which this didn't do thank goodness. Overall, pretty packaging and good formula. Darker than what I wanted but thats okay.

on 10/30/2003 12:18:00 PM

I dont know why but for some reason this violet eyeliner does not go on very smoothly. I have to press extrenly hard for it to draw color. I have the signature eyeliners in sable, charcoal, slate and violet and all the others go on wonderful.... ?

on 5/4/2005 3:48:00 AM

Growing up in the 80's, I have sworn off colored eyeliner of all shades. A nice slate or a sable is all I thought I needed. So imagine my surprise to fall in love with this! My consultant suggested I try it for fun (I was at a party for a friend) This made my blue eyes stand out nicely, without it looking like I was wearing purple liner. I've gotten more compliments on my eyes since I started wearing this. And I've had no problems with it not going on smooth. I will definately bee keeping this on hand.

on 11/2/2005 9:30:00 AM

Got a sample in a swap and am not overly impressed. This is a mechanical liner (which I generally only tolerate--I really prefer pencils you can sharpen) in a medium, blue-based violet purple. No shimmer or interesting effects. Just a plain purple liner. It's nice enough and has decent lasting power (smudged slightly on me, however) but IMHO Mary Kay products are rather overpriced.

on 3/25/2006 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I just got this in a swap. This is a good liner. It's a very nice color, but frankly it is very overpriced. I have Prestige waterproof automatic eyeliners that run circles around this and I only paid $4.99 for those. MK wants $9.50 for this. it dosn't apply with much pigment (for the price you would think the pigment could be stronger). Prestige liners are more pigmented than this. I will use this, however when it's gone I will replace it with a Prestige e/l.

on 7/13/2007 4:43:00 PM

I love Mary Kay eyeliners and I will continue to purchase and use Mary Kay eyeliners, just not in Violet. I really wanted to like it, it is like the color Violet in a box of Crayola crayons. Unfortunately, it applies chunky, and not smooth like the other Mary Kay eyeliner colors I have tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the best purple eyeliners I have come across. I purchased this from touchofpink.com, a website that sells discounted Mary Kay products- it was only $4.75. full price of $9.50 I think its is to high (The only other good purple eyeliner I have found is Almay's, which is around $6.00)

It is a true blue based purple, for me it applies nicely although it may be a little "drier" than other shades. Its nicely pigmented although its not real good for lining the inside rims of your eyes (use black for that). Lasts all day for me- doesn't seem to smear as easy as "standard" colors like black or brown. My only minor complaint is that the tip tends to break of very easily if its twisted up even a little.

on 12/11/2007 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This purple eyeliner is great for making brown and green eyes stand out and smolder but it is a bit more difficult than other Mary Kay eyeliners to put on. It's a bit dry and is hard to get right up to the base of the lashes. you end up with a line of bare skin in between the lash line and your eyeliner. Overall the best purple automatic pencil liner I've found and I would buy it again but really the other colors tend to be a better buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Its so hard to apply evenly. Its not smooth or anything, it half applies and is very dry.

on 3/29/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't like the color of this. It's almost brown, the color pay-off isn't good, it fades easily and it's kind of expensive.