L'Oreal Skin Expert RevitaLift Eye Anti-Wrinkle plus Firming

3.0

on 7/28/2017 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not sure where to put my review because I have the Revitalift that isn't "Complete" or "Advanced" and the ingredients are different. Mine is the basic, regular, Revitalift Eye. The ingredients are below. This seems like the correct listing but the image is wrong.

I used to use the Eye Defense, which I used when I was a teen and liked it fine. I don't think any eye creams are really so amazing. The few very expensive ones I've tried were marginally better but there's no miracles in a tube. I use eye cream more as a moisturizer and for minimal help keeping lines plumped. (Which you get just by moisturizing well, btw). But nothing replaces sleep and youth. Knowing that, I stick to things like this or ROC with some Algenist, Strivectin or Perricone samples tossed in here and there. They're better, but not worth close to $100. Since using eye creams as a teen, my dark circles lightened but I'll always have some sunkeness and darkness genetically.

So why do I like this if it doesn't "do much"? Well, it's cheap. Target has it for like $10 but the price jumps sometimes. It doesn't irritate my eyes (though I think the "Complete" or the "Advanced" ones would). I agree about a tub being less sanitary, but I use those small spatulas on my fancier and larger tub creams if I'm concerned. Overall it gives me a nice moisturized feel for cheap with no complications. This is pretty close to the Eye Defense but I see that one as very basic without many claims/active ingredients so this seems just a step up. How much those ingredients help is probably minimal, but it's around the same price and I like it fine so I'll probably stick with it. I like it better than the ROC which is more expensive and also really didn't do much other than moisturize. I feel this is slightly more emollient as well so it has that going for it.

Here are the ingredients list on the one I use. I avoid Cyclopentasiloxane and Propylene Glycol:

Aqua/Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Shorea Robusta Butter/Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-20 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Paraffin, Glycine Soja Protein/Soybean Protein, Triethanolamine, Caffeine, Isohexadecane, Phenethyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Acetyl Trifluoromethylphenyl Valylglycine, Faex Extract/Yeast Extract, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Ethylparaben.

on 10/16/2016 5:20:00 AM

I love this eye cream so much. I've been using this for several weeks now and I have to say that I see an improvement. Used to have extremely dry lids that hurt sometimes and this is really helping!

on 2/15/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this! It doesn't do anything! No improvements on fine lines or firming of the skin around the eyes whatsoever. I'm pretty sure that this eye cream must move around on the skin a little also, and I feel as though this is what has clogged my pores really bad at the top sides of my nose and in between my eyebrows as I don't have a problem with that on the rest of my skin. It's also really irritating if you so happen to get a tiny bit in your eye or on a lower eyelash. I also don't like the packaging as I think tubes are preferable.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I started using this product in the beginning of March of this year. Being in my late twenties I have noticed a lot has changed about my face. I have been noticing the lines under my eyes have become more and more prominent and it was making me feel like my youth was slipping away, if that makes any sense. Anyway I was on the internet and I was searching for some effective eye cream and I had noticed some good reviews on Loreal revitalift. So I decided to give it a try. It says on the packaging that in 4 weeks you would see some real results. I was skeptical as I am of everything I use lol. I must say that Loreal delivered with this product. I have seen some great results and in the amount of time it said. I am definitely going to continue to use this. The skin around my eyes is firmer and the lines I saw are almost diminished. There is less puffiness and I am truly happy with what I see. I recommend this 100%.

on 1/31/2013 2:08:00 PM

several friends recommended this to me so i picked it up, overall in the past loreal skin products have always broken me out, so i was terrified from their skincare line, but my friend swore by this eye cream she said it worked wonders on her, so i bought it. the first night i used it it felt nice i woke up my under eye area looked fresh, but by the second day, i had a pimple on the oribital bone area, i figured may be it was something else, by the 3rd and 4th days of using this eye cream, i had 3 more zits around my eye areas, and i never get acne. so this product makes me break out, not good loreal, not good. i wanted to use this and see reduction in lines and circles, but now i cant anymore because i dont want acne. have no choice but to return.

on 10/31/2011 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i bought this eye cream to maintain the skin around my eyes. It's got pro-retinol and elastin complex.it is smooth and thick at the same time but blends well and seems to bring a lift effect as well.i bought this one to go with my face/neck revitalift cream.so far so good! For the price and quality i am satisfied with that product.i use revitalift as a cream before my makeup.works really good! Love it!

on 7/21/2011 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This products is great! Myself and my boyfriend use it everyday and it's the best drug store eye cream out there. It is very moisturizing and excellent for those delicate eyes. The product is fragrance free which is a plus! This products is not oily or runny, it is very easy to apply and absorbs very well. I don't find any cons about this eye cream and I believe that it's a very good everyday essential. I believe that it is well suited for any skin type; thus, anyone can use it! Give it a try! I love it!

on 12/7/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

cool concept.
this one is from japan... it has step 1 for under eye wrinkles and step 2 firming gel for top lip. not sure if this is one and the same product here.

anyways, no sting, feels good.
results... yet to see.
possibly some milia.
gentle.
not my hg as the puffiness and dark circles are still present.

I think I am done. I've been using this product for at least a year or two for lack of finding a better eye cream. I use the gel for day and the cream at night (have the dual dispenser) and it's ok, but I don't think it really makes much of a difference in the lines or darkness under my eyes (even though it has pro retinol). I think it's time to continue the search (again). But it does moisturize and never irritates my contact lenses.

I wish I would have come on makeupalley and checked the reviews of this product before purchasing.

This "eye cream" seriously bothered my skin! After application my skin was burning and felt very irritated. I thought maybe it was just me, but after reading reviews here I can see that I wasn't the problem... the cream was!!!! STAY AWAY ladies!