L'Oreal Paris Open Hair color

No Image

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I used this dye a few years ago, and it worked really well. It left my hair soft and pretty, and it did hardly any damage. I don't usually colour my hair at home, but if I ever do I will repurchase.

on 8/31/2004 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this, too bad it is being discontinued. I use dark golden brown. The color is not as intense as feria, but not as damaging either. It does a nice job covering grays and most importantly, doesn't turn brassy as it fades (which feria can do.)

on 3/29/2004 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Terrible stuff. I have natural dark brown hair that I've been coloring for years with a light golden brown. I tried this shade and it literally turned my hair orange!!!

on 9/22/2003 11:22:00 AM

I love how my hair looks using Open in Zenith (dark copper blonde). I get sooo many compliments and people always think it's my natural hair color. It is truly a multi-dimensional color with tons of variations and highlights. My hair is naturally strawberry blonde, so there isn't any lightening involved when I use it. The conditioner smells delicious - sort of floral and tropical - and the huge tube lasts until my next color. The hair color formula itself is much more pleasant smelling that most hair dyes, probably because it's low on ammonia. I have a pic in my profile that shows how my hair looks using the Zenith.

on 9/20/2003 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this haircolor, and I LOVE the conditioner that comes with it even more! This is the ONLY haircolor that will leave my hair softer and shinier than before using it! And there really are highlights in it! The fact that it is a "soft permanent" is good and bad - color fades kinda quickly, but at least you're not left with really obvious roots! I repurchase this one over and over!

on 6/17/2003 8:17:00 PM

This was my favorite hair color, but I noticed it is not on the shelf, so I snapped up a few boxes of my shade (Zenith) on clearance. I like that it doesn't smell nearly as bad as most (and I've tried them all), and the conditioner smells really good and fresh. The downside I've noticed is that the red shades are fading pinkish...probably because this doesn't use as much peroxide as most dyes do.

on 6/14/2003 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

THIS IS THE HAIRCOLOUR FROM HELL! i used this on my medium golden blonde hair to enhance it a little for summer, but boy was that a mistake! this stuff is loaded with peroxide, and it left my hair orangy-yellow and bone dry, brittle and straw like for A YEAR AND A HALF! nothing anyone did or suggested helped at ALL! not wanting to cut my hair off, i did the best i could, but i will not buy this product again!

on 4/14/2003 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! I used Venus (a light copper brown) on my dirty blonde hair, and I am now a ravishing redhead! Very easy to use, non-drippy, and non-stinky, and the conditioner that's included is great. Will update my review once I've had a chance to see how the colour stays put.

I used this product twice before. The first time, the brown colour didnt show up at all on my black hair. The second time I used it, the red colour didnt show up either. It isn't a very efficitent for hair colouring. It only enhances your natural colour. Although i'm sure it would work great on lighter shades of hair. The product smelled nice compared to other dyes, and it is very mild. The non drip substance is very convenient too. However, i would not try it again since it has no effect on my stubborn colour.

i totally agree with the review below! =) totally...it is an amazing hair color product...i've dyed my hair lots of times...although the color of feria is WAY stronger....this one is gentle, and made my hair feel even softer than it was before i dyed! =) the color was pretty nice also...although the color didn't show up as well and as strong as i would have liked. definately try this product! =)