2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

Like the previous poster, I didn't like this shampoo at all. My hair just didn't feel clean. It wasn't like it felt conditioned or moisturized, but rather like it had some kind of sticky coating on it. I'm surprised at Paul Mitchell, this was a total waste of my hard-earned $$$.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

12 years ago

Paul Mitchell has been my shampoo for the last 20 years and this was the first product from them that not only did I not like but despised....made my hair grimey, lackluster and just disgusting...I was stunned. Still can't believe this was a PM product.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

12 years ago

I'm half way thru my first 22 oz bottle of Color Care Shampoo. I am satisfied with the results so far. My medium fine, color treated, long hair looks great 6 weeks after using a demi gloss from Redkin. The suds are a bit weak though. The large bottle has no pump for it. I prefer a pump on my shampoo and conditioner bottles.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

13 years ago

I had bought this product as a recommendation from my hair stylist as a great shampoo for color protection. For a brief overview of my hair, I have very straight, thick and "normal" (non-oily, non-dry) hair which I color and highlight every 6 weeks. I have absoultely HATED this shampoo. For one, the color protection is no better than anything I have tried in the past, and the product is relatively expensive. However, the worst part is the greasiness and oily feeling that it leaves on your hair. I had washed my hair this morning with this product and I feel as if it not been washed for the past 3 days, thats how unclean my hair has felt. Never before have I had a oil problem with my hair, but this product has left it greasy, limp and flat.....my advise is not waste your money with this product. Oh, and one more thing....you must use a large amount of the product to achieve any lather. I know the hype that rich lather causes color to fade faster, but for a little bit of lather here you must use a very large amount of the shampoo. A little defiantly does not go a long way.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

13 years ago

My stylist moved and her replacement suggested the PM Color Protect line (since I get highlights/lowlights every 4-6 weeks). I have used it in rotation for about two years now. (FYI, my hair's texture is fine, it's naturally straight and very thick.) I am surprised to see low ratings for this shampoo b/c I have been pleased with the results! It made a huge difference in the way my color lasted. It doesn't lather a lot (which I don't mind), it is gentle to my color, cleanses well w/o drying my hair or scalp, and has no offensive fragrance. It does contain silicones, so I clarify about once a week out of habit. A bottle lasts me a long time and is a good value. This is my favorite shampoo. NOTE: the water is very hard where we live, which was wreaking havoc on my color. This shampoo, in combination with the matching conditioner have greatly improved how my color lasts and stays true for weeks and weeks. I was convinced. HG for me! (usually I am NOT a fan of Paul Mitchell products)

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

Horrible! I paid a rediculous amount for this disgusting product. Burned and made my hair so oily and gross. I cant believe anybody would put there name on this.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

13 years ago

I bought this shampoo after my hairstylist used it on my hair. I love this shampoo! It works so well on my hair and after rinsing my hair it is so soft I don't even have to use conditioner of course I still follow up with the PM color care conditioner. I highly recommend this product!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

2.0

13 years ago

This shampoo leaves my hair too "oily". It´s good for one day, but the next day my hair doesn´t feel clean anymore. (I usually wash my hair every second day.) Maybe this shampoo would be good for every day use. (And it is named daily shampoo!). Colour protection was ok. I still like and use the same series product, Paul Mitchell color protect locking spray.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination

14 years ago

I used this in London and Paris where the water is hard and full of chemicals. I figure if it can leave my hair soft and smooth under those conditions it’s a good shampoo so I have already repurchased and am very happy with this shampoo. I was surprised to see so many unflattering reviews.

About reviewer (724 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

I like this shampoo. I have color treated, golden brown, fine hair, and my hair is cut pretty short. So it works well for me. I think I paid 9 dollars at the drug store. The bottle is not very big, so I wish you could get a litte more for the money. Also, it would be great if they made a volumizing formula for color-trested fine hair. Not just one or the other!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age25-29