Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo

2.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Amino Methyl Propanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium 44, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Cinnamidopropyl Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12, Dimethicone, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Steareth 4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional

on 6/26/2017 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This left a residue after a few uses on my baby fine hair.

on 8/27/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is ok. I love several Paul Mitchell products that I've repurchased for many, many years, but this one was simply ok.
This just doesn't give me the fresh clean my other favorite PM shampoos do.

on 3/1/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this product was a big miss for me. I've always used drug store shampoo and decided to treat myself to a higher end product. This product doesn't lather up but even worse doesn't fully wash out of your hair. I tried a few different times, using less product, just using shampoo and no conditioner. Nothing changed the result. Def do not waste your money on this.

on 2/16/2015 11:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The packaging looks very clean and I love the push cap.

This leaves my hair feeling very light and clean. It lathers and washes really gently and it keeps my hair colour.

It is not the most moisturizing shampoo, but it doesn't leave my hair feeling extremely dry.

The smell is also not very perfumey. Clean and simple scent.

Both the shampoo and conditioner are so poor, I will be returning them. I've never had a shampoo/conditioner I disliked this much. The shampoo doesn't lather. It's very difficult to spread throughout my hair, whether I use a little or a lot. It also doesn't seem to rinse out very well. The conditioner distributes acceptably, but is incredibly hard to rinse off. It takes forever and even then I feel it's still on my hair somewhat. When my hair is dry, it's not smooth at all. I can tell the product is still on there. I can't even run my fingers through it without them getting stuck. Horrible purchase. I wish I had read reviews prior to spending my money. I trusted the name and that was a mistake.

on 11/23/2014 9:13:00 PM

Uggh. Horrible. My hair became sticky, strawlike, waxen and tangly all at the same time. I have thick, wavy, color-treated, shoulder-length hair that usually behaves decently, but this stuff made it SUCH a pain. And yes, I know how to rinse all the shampoo and conditioner out (I used both products separately and together and they both had this effect, so it's got to be the product formulation). Every time I brushed my hair, a weird white residue showed up on the boar bristles. It was disgusting.

I got the set with the conditioner and shampoo from Paul Mitchell (if I'd bought it at an unauthorized retailer, I would not be surprised it sucked so much, but I got it straight from the salon). Paul Mitchell does amazing hair color, but their hair color maintenance products have been disappointing.

I really really wanted to like it because they're cruelty-free, but no dice.

If you have it, return it for Wen by Chaz Dean or Gd from Burt's Bees: both have excellent shampoos for color-treated hair and they don't conduct or endorse animal testing. And a quick fix to undo all the product buildup: vinegar rinse!

on 10/27/2014 11:48:00 PM

Made my hair disgusting

on 7/29/2014 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Good cleanser, gentle for color-treated hair. Doesn't add a lot of moisture which I like because I always follow with a deep conditioning hair treatment. It's ok for the price.

on 7/28/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this shampoo at a salon, not a drugstore. I find it odd that the liter bottles don't come with pumps...Anyways, This shampoo is HORRIBLE. Worst shampoo I've ever used...and have tried pretty much every popular shampoo out there. My normally shiny, fine, color treated hair became dry, lifeless, dead, dull hair. The second I quit using this shampoo my locks thankfully returned to normal. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

I feel bad for saying this about any Paul Mitchell product but do not buy! I picked this up from Cosmo prof after my teacher raved about it and it made my hair appear extremely damaged! It also felt like I had a ton of styling wax/gel in my hair.. So disgusting..

Popular Shampoos