TiGi Bed Head Manipulator

TiGi Bed Head Manipulator

Aqua (water/eau), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, PVP/VA Copolymer, Petralatum, Oleth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Oleth-3, Oleth-5, SEA-Oleth-3 Phosphate, DEA-Oleth-10 Phosphate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl, Tetrastearate, PEG-6, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl alcohol,Coumarin, Limonene, PEG-45M, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6).

on 4/24/2017 12:19:00 PM

My Hair - Short and shaggy/piecy razored style, longer on the crown and short around along the neck. Straight hair. Hair texture is fine, not heavy.

Product and Usage - Goopy but not quite runny, robin's egg blue, silky creme for creating texture. Not too tacky or stringy. Doesn't flake. Mild aroma like cotton candy? I had a texturizing creme long ago (some other brand) and it was sticky, tacky, stringy, and made my hair feel greasy. This seemed similar so I started out just using very little - dabbed my fingertip in and barely coated it - and nothing happened. Now I'm accustomed to using it and I get a generous dollop on one finger, spread it across all my fingertips, then work it into my short hairstyle; it gives soft touchable hold plus texture, provides good hold with or without blowdry styling, can be refreshed with damp hands, and leaves no sticky or greasy residue. With a little more product (or applying to specific bits of hair), more aggressive styling can be accomplished also. Washes out easily.

PROS - Good for styling control, for adding texture, for final hold. Can be applied to damp or dry hair. No residual stickiness or greasy feeling - it's like I'm not even wearing any product. Leaves hair feeling soft and with natural movement. Texture can be refreshed with damp hands if needed.

CONS - My only complaint is that it flows around during travel, so it can be a mess if you don't let it settle before use :)

Overall - My current go-to styling product. continued >>

on 2/23/2017 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love it as it can really hold my short hair style for a whole day (unlike the Shu Uemura Shape paste)!

It is also very to use, even if you are far from being a pro;)

on 5/9/2016 11:48:00 AM

i ve been hearing a lot of positive reviews for this product and so i bought it.. later i've learned of the ingredients on it.. a methylparaben, propylparaben and benzyl glycol are some of them.. i don't really think i'll be using those cancer chemichals in my hair thank you//

on 4/14/2016 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

They have changed this product, I am pretty sure that they have taken the parabens out of it. I will be happy to settle for the new product and not be exposed to cancer causing chemicals. In any case I like the new one and am glad that it is not dangerous for me to use.

on 1/8/2016 4:29:00 PM

I have used this product for years but the last I bought was awful. It is now very loose and runny, does not hold my hairstyle at all. I am very disappointed that the manufacturer has decided to change this product! You have lost a long time customer!

on 8/4/2015 8:35:00 PM

This used to be my HG styling product but as others before me have said, they must have changed the formula. This new formulation doesn't have the hard core texturing, piece-y, sculpting power of the old Manipulator. It smells great and still gives good definition but it just doesn't have that bad ass, wear-it-the-way-you want-to look anymore. I used to be able to sculpt and texturizing and my hair any way I wanted and it would stay all day while still being able to rework it. I could pull my pixie cut into almost any style but now Manipulator just isn't as hardcore as before. This stuff is thinner and runnier than before, comes in a jar that you dip your fingers in, so It spills easily if you aren't careful. It smells great and if you aren't looking for something too extreme, this may be the product you've been looking for. Works best on short, layered cuts.

on 11/17/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like all Bed Head products, this stuff both smells great and is very expensive. However, if you're the type to splurge a bit on beauty products, this is a really great hair styling goo. Like I said, it smells great and also does a great job at styling hard-to-manage hair. It doesn't make your hair crunchy like gel but it does have incredible hold. The formula is a little bit goopy which is different than the way it used to be. I think this product is worth the price if you can afford it--you only need a little dollop of it, so if you use it correctly, it will last you a while.

My boyfriend uses this to style his hair every morning and he has very hard hair to style- it likes to fall flat and stay there- but this product keeps it in place ALL DAY. Plus, it smells amazing. So glad I bought it for him, it works amazing. Would repurchase.

on 6/26/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Apparently, I'm late to the game as I did not know the product changed formulation. I assumed it was kind of runny and I just ran with it.

On one hand, it gives amazing hold and texture. I have short, stick-straight hair, and this helps me achieve a kind of "undone" messy look. It's got a pleasant smell too.

On the other hand, IT IS SO STICKY. This isn't that big of a deal as I wash my hands after styling my hair anyways (sticky hands = ew) but it does make me wary of traveling/messing with the container too much as cleanup would be horrible. With this sort of texture, a spill-proof squeeze bottle or a pump would be 1000000% better.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm reviewing the old formula; just so happened to have finished a whole jar today (not just today, but you know what I mean). And from what I hear, the new formula is runny? The old stuff, the "good" stuff is tacky and stiff like a typical pomade. It wouldn't pool back to a smooth finish and wouldn't necessarily pour out of the container. I guess I'm out of luck if the new formula is rubbish. The classic version is very, very nice. On to the review...

I adore this stuff. It is like a gel/paste/wax/putty all together in terms of texture. It's slightly gummy and will, indeed, gunk up your locks if you're not careful or even if you are. It smells of dense, artificial coconuts but I love that scent. I remember every stylist I've ever been to using it on my hair for a piece-y, texturized look after a short cut with a razor. This is still what I use the product for. Now, the one I finished was on the classic bright blue tub with the silver lid (for the price, it's just enough but be prepared to drop more than $10 on a tub, coupons or no coupons) and it'll last you forever, as using it sparingly is part of the process. It's stringy, sticky, and works wonderfully if you want a texturized look.

Putting this stuff on towel-dried hair that is still mostly damp will keep away frizz from hair that's generally fine but still tends to attain flyaways. Putting it on dry hair gives great texture. And I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a pixie. I've never had one but have used it on friends with shorter cuts (guys, too - especially guys!) and it gives incredible texture. Smells great in a sweet, clean kind of a way and tends to last. Not as strong as Got2B's spiking glue, but similar effect - and I will likely be going back to this stuff for texture if I can't find an original tub of Manipulator. Definitely check this out if you can find a salon with the classic tubs of this stuff.

Popular Styling Products