L'Oreal Ruby Slipper Colourjuice

4.4

on 4/21/2005 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

As everyone said, this looks nothing like 'ruby'. It looks scary orange with gold shimmer in the tube but pinkish coral with slight shimmer on the lips. Incredible but true. It's fairly tacky but that helps with staying power and it has a strong fruity smell which dissipates quickly. Got it in a swap and I'm really pleased, it's a lovely gloss and I know I'll use it a lot.

on 1/25/2004 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Looks scaringly orange in the tube, but goes on more pink/coral. It has golden sparkle in it. Looks good on tanned skin in the summer. Good staying-power. It doesn't look overly glossy/wet, which I like.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Oh my gosh, I *love* this gloss!! Just recently I received this over the holidays from a very sweet swapper. Despite its name, it is no where near a reddish shade at all but more of a beautiful, shimmery peachy orangey shade. Right now, I am really loving orange/coral/apricot shades and this is exactly what I'm looking for! Definite rave!!! :o)

on 10/19/2003 3:17:00 AM

I swapped for this and am so glad I did - what a great intro to Colourjuices! Reading the reviews here, I was a bit scared about what the tube would look like; while it does look a bit radioactive orange, it turns into such a beautiful sheer/nude/peachy/coral color when applied, which seems to look nothing like the tube! Don't know how they do it, but it works. I believe they've discontinued this color now, so I guess there's no chance of re-buying this. Sigh.

I wasn't expecting this to look good at me at all, but I gave it a try and I'm so glad I did. Applied sheerly, this looks almost clear with just a tiny peach tint. But you can layer it to get a more coral colour. Either way you get TONS of shimmer.

Has the same amazing lasting power as all the CJs and the same fruity scent.

on 10/8/2003 8:57:00 PM

Eh. I use this color once and a while, but I basically agree with the last 3 posters. It is a pretty color, very pastel orange though, and my GGG skin needs something vibrant against it..but it is nice for a "subtle" orange look. I find myself reaching more for Marquis Peach in the Wet Shine Diamond line more, b/c it is a little brighter to me personally. BUT, if you are interested in peaches/corals (like me) every different shade is worth it! :)

Like everyone has noted, what a STRANGE name for this one? Ruby??
Not exactly the right term!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ruby Slipper is a very nude, very opague peach with gold shimmer. I swapped for it, and was a little disappointed because I read here in p-ville that it was orange/coral, someone even said it was like lychee luxe! No such luck, it's pastel, not vibrant. Mine looks like a very bland and slightly blah nude peach. It's pretty, but not what I was expecting. Into the collection it goes! :X

Ruby Slipper looks nothing like it sounds..its a bright orangish peachy coral with gold shimmer, reminds me alot of Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds in Marquise Peach, but brighter. If applied sheerly, it looks nice, but to much can make me look like a clown.

on 6/29/2003 8:15:00 PM

Now, let's see...most of what I want to say about this gloss has already been said. Name, 'Ruby Slipper', clearly conceived of by crackheads? Check. Looks radioactive orange in the tube but a more subdued coral-pink on the lips? Check. Brightens up the face? Check. Well, okay then. Before I leave, I'll just add that it has subtle gold glitter (tiny glitter, but I wouldn't say it's shimmer) and that it can sometimes look very...pink...on my pigmented lips as it wears off. I'm not a big fan of pink, and it can even look a bit cool-toned at times, even though it's ostensibly an orangey-pink. Overall, I like it. Of course, there's also the exclusivity factor: ColourJuices are like white elephants, so when I saw this on clearance for $6 CAD at SDM, I had to snatch it up. continued >>

on 5/30/2003 4:59:00 PM

Ok, this is a wierd colour (not in a bad way) to describe. Not only is the name on the tube misleading the actual colour in the tube is too. The gloss in the tube and when you squeeze it out looks bright orange. But then on the lips and when I wipe the gloss onto tissue paper the colour turns into a deep baby pink/blush rose colour with a hint of coral. Very pretty colour and there is lots of fine gold glitter, wonderful shine and is long lasting. A great shade to add to your Colour Juice collection.