MAC Spirit

mac spiritSpirit

4.2

on 11/11/2016 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The. Perfect. Nude. Lipstick.

Well for my skintone anyway.

I love Velvet Teddy which is a stunning nude shade but this one is just slightly more well suited to my colouring and it looks fabulous. It is how it's described, a muted pinky-beige brown and it's a satin finish.

Like most MAC lipsticks it is very pigmented and lasts very well on the lips without drying or cracking. Love it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A month ago I did a change of seasons haul. I composed a list of lipsticks to check out and headed to Nordstrom. I mainly was interested in Whirl, which I never considered before and was quite curious. Spirit was not on my list, but did catch my eye. I loved Whirl, but without even swiping Spirit I thought it was too close, so decided against it. That day I purchased 3 plus had a back Mac. I got Whirl, Taupe, Verve, and Photo. A few wks later I was checking out blushes, so figured why not at least try on Spirit.....Well, instant love at first site!!!! It's in the fam of Whirl,but lighter so very wearable for day, especially if you opt for a real casual look. The satin finish also gives it a whole different vibe. This has become a new fall favorite for day!! If it seems boring to you, just give it a try. It's very deceiving with it's low key WOW.....

on 7/30/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love MAC lipsticks. Long lasting, not too drying and great vanillaish smell. I reach for this almost everyday, this will be a perfect Fall color. I wanted an everyday nude for work the sales rep. recommended Spirit for me. This looks great with my dark hair and makes my blue eyes pop. It's brown with pink undertones I also bought Velvet Teddy and that one is lighter and has a more peach undertone.

This, to me, is what Velvet Teddy is to everyone else. It's a little darker than VT but they have a similar color. It is also less intense and less pink than Twig, which I thought at first to be my perfect mlbb. No, THIS is my PERFECT mlbb lipstick.

I am C3.5 NC35 with quite a lot of green undertones! Spirit looks like a pink brown on me :)

This was one of my first lipsticks to my MAC collection and I love it so much! It's my go-to during the Fall and Winter seasons. I am NC25-30 and it suites my fair skin. It has a beautiful taupe undertone and is so comfortable on the lips. It is also long-wearing.

on 7/31/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this. MAC has so many shades that accomplish the Kylie Jenner lip look and this is one. It's got the brown, but is pinky and muted. It's so hard to choose which one is my favorite.

Spirit is my go to lipstick. If you are medium skinned with yellow undertones, I would definitely recommend this lipstick. It is described as a "muted pinky beige brown" which is what it is, although there is not much pink - it is more brown. To me, it is like the Kylie Jenner brown lip colour. When I first bought it I didn't really like it but have found myself reaching for it all the time. It is one of those stunning, effortless colours which can be worn daily or on a night out. I love how sophisticated this looks. Don't be put of by the brown - it is more of a muted beigey brown, honestly it is gorgeous. It's a satin finish so it is a semi- matte finish. A lot of people say that this particular finish is drying. I do not find this to be the case. It is comfortable, long wearing and fades nicely without gunking up in the corners of the mouth or leaving that dreaded white cast line. MAC lipsticks are not cheap but for the quality, the unique colour, the edible vanillary scent, the comfort and the long lastingness of this lipstick, I'm not complaining. I would definitely repurchase. Seriously guys, check spirit out. At first, even I was hesitant about this but decided to take the plunge and I'm so glad I did.

Trying this for the second time first time didn't like it but I do now its a smoother creamier version of velvet teddy with a touch of mauve pink I think this will be my signature lipstick I was looking for something not too bright not too nude for everyday wear and ive tried cherish, half n half, peach stock, mocha and modesty I think cherish is beautiful but can be duped with wnw bare it all so no point in paying 16.00 for it, half n half is lovely but amplified cremes dont last they rub down too quick with regular usage, peach stock is nice but requires a lip liner which runs into spending too much money, mocha is nice but too apricot like for different eye shadows, modesty is too sheer unless depotted and applied with a brush and I can't do that on the go so I settled on spirit it's perfect and also velvet teddy is too dry I like mattes but not brown mattes so spirit it is and after spending hundreds at MAC im glad I found a signature and viva glam III as well that is a beautiful color that I have yet to find a dupe for.

on 2/22/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Definitely one of my favourite neutral/nude brown lipsticks - on my complexion (NC45/NC50) it creates an understated pinky brown nude hue. I'd 100% recommend this for deeper complexions. Only set back is the transfer due to the satin finish & the wear. Spirit is absolutely gorgeous but doesn't get talked a lot on the online community... Still a great nude nonetheless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despote being quite a dark brown mauve color this makes a great nude for me amd I am NC35-40. Most people my skintone look good in Velvet Teddy but that color does not suit me for some reason, it gives a concealer type look on my lips since they are more pigmented I suppose( or not pigmented enough, I have no idea because my lips weirdly look terrible in most nudes). But this one looks on me the way I hope Velvet Teddy would and the satin finish means it will last long but have slightly more moisture than a matte lippie, which can be very drying. This one is also drying on its own but fine with gloss or lipbalm on.