Blistex Lip Medex

Blistex Lip Medex
Lip Medex

4.5

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (59%), Camphor (1%), Menthol (1%), Phenol (0.5%). Other Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Flavor, Lanolin, Mixed Waxes, Oil of Cloves.

on 12/11/2018 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best chapstick ever. Stinks a little but it’s the best I’ve ever tried. Sometimes when my lips are super chapped I can’t help but keep licking them which creates a terrible cycle. This gem puts an end to that!

on 11/24/2018 4:53:00 PM

After trying and hating the Laneige lip sleeping mask, I really needed something for bedtime for my dry, cracked winter lips. I paid $1.69 for this at a drug store and it's great! Has a rather medicinal smell and tingly feel, but really softens my lips by morning. I can tell the difference if I forget to use it. Doesn't really work as a lip stick prep, but very nice as an overnight treatment.

on 11/6/2018 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had to come back and rewrite my review. I gave this a poor rating due to it being just like Carmex, which I dislike. However, this is a bit more emollient than Carmex, so it absorbs better vs. just being petroleum on your lips.

After having this for almost a year, I pretty much reach for this every night, or especially when my lips start to feel hot, chapped, or red. Its taken over my Burts Bees clove (discontinued) just because a lot of the Burts Bees have a heavy feeling (not all but some).

I now have a soft spot for this and will surely repurchase when it runs out (which will be awhile for sure....), even more than the Blistex individual twist tubes. The menthol is very healing. I'm also prone to fever blisters, and a formula like this is heaven for those with that medical issue!

on 4/19/2018 8:51:00 PM

Overall, this product is very effective. For pretty much as far back as I can remember (around 7 years old), I have always had super dry and cracked lips. I tried your traditional cheap lip balms/chapsticks a multitude of times and they never seemed to help with the state of my chapped lips. Finally about a year ago, I was recommended this product by a family member and it has changed my lips' life. The fact that this product has menthol in it, it gives your lips a cold slightly tingly feeling when applied (similar to a lot of cleansing face products) which some might find unpleasant but I personally like it. As mentioned in some other reviews, it does have a menthol scent that is a bit strong. Regardless, if you are looking for a product that can heal even the cracked unhealthy lips, this may be the product for you. If you apply it every night before bed, you will wake up seeing the results of less damaged and smoother lips in about a week. With the cheap price point of the product, you cannot go wrong with this amazing medicated chap stick.

on 4/17/2018 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Give this a 4.5, it burns and I hate how thin it is but it works. Can't argue with the results and it's cheap! Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always find myself reaching for the Blistex Lip Conditioner instead and I think it's because 1) the awful taste always finds it's way into my mouth and lingers. 2) The balm isn't very emollient/thick. 3) Doesn't seem to "heal" my dry lips. 4) Just doesn't FEEL good on the lips.

It does have a great minty feeling on the lips which I do like - I just wish it was as thick as the Blistex Lip Conditioner (pink jar).

on 1/8/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Holy cow. When I first got this lip balm I was so excited because of all the good reviews, but once I opened it.. ooooh boy. I thought that makeupalley users had played me. Then I thought that surely you guys wouldn't do that to me, so I thought maybe I got a bad batch. The smell is what I'd describe as "chinese grandma ointment" and I didn't want it anywhere near me. But I gave it a try and there's no denying that it works. I put it on at night (because there's no way I'm wearing this around other people) and wake up with incredibly smooth lips.

Pros:
- Works super well
- Cheap
- Easy to bring around as in it's in a traditional lip balm case with the twist bottom and the cap

Cons:
- Smells horrible
- Tingly sensation that I'm personally not a fan of

on 8/2/2017 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy Grail!!! I've used this for years! Love applying in the morning after I brush my teeth and I put on my make-up! So clean and fresh feeling.... little zingy! And it has a beautiful sheen to it! Looks like I'm wearing gloss. I say it lasts through coffee and cereal pretty darn good too! Really, I only apply 2x.... lips so soft all day! Great great product!!!

on 4/25/2017 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simply Put....This Stuff is the BEST! I cannot ever be without it, winter or summer. Heals beautifully.

on 4/25/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Saved my life in winter. At one point my lips were very raw and painful, non of the other so called *fancy* lip balms worked. this one dulled the pain and fixed the entire problem from the roots in three days.

Top Rated Lip Treatments